X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ? GDA can't do Jeff Cup, right?
    Yes they can, there are a number of DA teams in it this year.

Comment

Yes they can, there are a number of DA teams in it this year.
      No, there are not—there are pre-DA teams but that is it.

Comment

No, there are not—there are pre-DA teams but that is it.
        That is what I thought. 1st teams in DA (not pre da) cant participate in jeff cup.

Comment

SSS must have a lot of pull in the soccer arena.Get away with alot:playing up,down,multiple games same kids different teams.

Comment

That is what I thought. 1st teams in DA (not pre da) cant participate in jeff cup.
            Next year clubs can do other events if USSF approves it. They recently approved several EDP events. However there's few open slots in the DA schedule. Also most probably wouldn't be interested unless there are DA only brackets. It isn't worth the time for the better teams and the weaker DA teams wouldn't want to risk losing to non DA teams

Comment

DA teams wouldn't want to risk losing to non DA teams
              I can't and won't speak for everyone, but those I do speak with aren't nieve enough to know that because their is a DA patch on their jersey means they have the top players and teams in the land. There's quality teams in ECNL, DA, and even some NPL.

That's reality. If we were to go to the Jeff Cup, and lost to a comparable ECNL or NPL club, oh well....

Comment

SSS must have a lot of pull in the soccer arena.Get away with alot:playing up,down,multiple games same kids different teams.
                oh yes, their NT player plays on many different teams.

Comment

Agree with previous poster, making 7 Jefferson cup top brackets is very impressive

Comment

Agree with previous poster, making 7 Jefferson cup top brackets is very impressive
                    Here is some truth through, when you are missing 160 of the top clubs in the country who are in ECNL & DA in these age groups, Select should be expected to have 7 teams in the top bracket. Add in these other clubs, well then they may be lucky to place one team in the top if any. Just speaking truth here!

Comment

oh yes, their NT player plays on many different teams.
                      Plays up on different teams. Plays with older age groups same as playing up with NT players. Why are so many afraid of a 14 year old?

Comment

Here is some truth through, when you are missing 160 of the top clubs in the country who are in ECNL & DA in these age groups, Select should be expected to have 7 teams in the top bracket. Add in these other clubs, well then they may be lucky to place one team in the top if any. Just speaking truth here!
                        ECNL is permitted in Jeff Cup and if Select is making it over other ECNL teams than shame on them.

Comment

ECNL is permitted in Jeff Cup and if Select is making it over other ECNL teams than shame on them.
                          Shame on the ECNL teams, I assume you mean?

Comment

Shame on the ECNL teams, I assume you mean?
                            Correct! Sorry, quick typing and no proofing...could have been more clear.

Comment

Except as we have already been over Stars beat SSS last year, soundly, 3-0 I think? So maybe the one SSS team with the NT player is great but they are not as strong as they are made out to be.

Comment

They seem to emphasize HS soccer so DA doesn't make a lot of sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X