Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire losing ECNL next year

Ask Bernie or Crum if ECNL will be offered next year at Crossfire.
    No more dual clubs will be allowed. Parents, be smart.

Losing ECNL or choosing DA? Sounds like the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Losing ECNL or choosing DA? Sounds like the latter.
      Other dual clubs had to make a choice between ECNL or GDA. Crossfire had a "pass"
      this year. what happens to the girls who are currently in ECNL?
      No big platform for recruiting.

Comment

C’mon, I prefer ECNL to GDA, but to say GDA isn’t a big(ger) recruiting platform is a reach.

Comment

C’mon, I prefer ECNL to GDA, but to say GDA isn’t a big(ger) recruiting platform is a reach.
          OP is saying that Crossfire will lose ECNL and will keep GDA next year
          What will happen to the current girls at Crossfire ECNL if ECNL goes away, especially
          during recruiting time? Didn't see aything about which platform is better or not.
          Really messed up situation. I miss the old website. This is lame.

Comment

Agree. Hopefully this doesn’t devolve into what the Oregon forum is but with anonymous posting it is likely to. Don’t know if it is accurate, but I’ve heard US Club is forcing
            Clubs to choose DA or ECNL. GDA is, in my opinion, an inferior product, but
            US Club is going to have trouble going against USSF.

Comment

Agree. Hopefully this doesn’t devolve into what the Oregon forum is but with anonymous posting it is likely to. Don’t know if it is accurate, but I’ve heard US Club is forcing
              Clubs to choose DA or ECNL. GDA is, in my opinion, an inferior product, but
              US Club is going to have trouble going against USSF.
              Originally US Club was having some trouble going up against USSF because there was some unknowns.

I think US Club has a recipe to compete against GDA with ECNL. We all saw this with some of the top clubs dropping out of GDA and "all in" for ECNL.

Crossfire is the top club in the area and still struggles to get players to do GDA. That should say something about GDA in general.

Comment

I wonder if there is being pressure applied by USSF tied to the Boys’ DA. I.e. USSF is telling clubs if they pick ECNL for the girls, they’ll pull their boys DA affiliation. Looks like the boys’ ECNL has no presence in the NW. I think NPL is the most ideal; a nearly completely open league that teams can promote in to.

Comment

Originally US Club was having some trouble going up against USSF because there was some unknowns.

I think US Club has a recipe to compete against GDA with ECNL. We all saw this with some of the top clubs dropping out of GDA and "all in" for ECNL.

Crossfire is the top club in the area and still struggles to get players to do GDA. That should say something about GDA in general.
                  ECNL could help their case by switching their league age groups to graduation year to aid even more in recruiting. It would tip the scales even more in ECNLs favor over GDA.

Comment

I wonder if there is being pressure applied by USSF tied to the Boys’ DA. I.e. USSF is telling clubs if they pick ECNL for the girls, they’ll pull their boys DA affiliation. Looks like the boys’ ECNL has no presence in the NW. I think NPL is the most ideal; a nearly completely open league that teams can promote in to.
                    Boy's ECNL has no presence anywhere. DA has been around for 10 years.

I think you may have a point about USSF tell clubs if they don't do DA for girls they would pull the boy's DA. I am sure that is a concern for Crossfire, but I think that would be a lawsuit if that ever happened.

USSF is a joke and ECNL is run by a lawyer. It would end badly for USSF.

Comment

ECNL could help their case by switching their league age groups to graduation year to aid even more in recruiting. It would tip the scales even more in ECNLs favor over GDA.
                      Not a bad idea. Grad year makes it much easy for college coaches to recruit. Most girls are looking for college soccer, not the national teams. The teams could even be called “2020s”, “2021s”, “2025s”, etc. making it simple as pie. Would also eliminate the big problem for 1/3 of all players that are born in the same birth year but different grad year with no club team to play on freshman and senior year of high school. That’s a lot of players that would choose ecnl.

Comment

Are the Xfire ECNL and DA squads completely separate? From the outside looking in, it appears that they just move kids between leagues. ie most girls in U15 DA group move into U16 ECNL with a smaller group staying in U16-17 DA. (they do a similar thing with Boys DA and RCL A teams) It allows XFire to not have to cut kids from club like Sounders and Reign do and thus keeps the money stream going.

Comment

Are the Xfire ECNL and DA squads completely separate? From the outside looking in, it appears that they just move kids between leagues. ie most girls in U15 DA group move into U16 ECNL with a smaller group staying in U16-17 DA. (they do a similar thing with Boys DA and RCL A teams) It allows XFire to not have to cut kids from club like Sounders and Reign do and thus keeps the money stream going.
                          That's the part-time rule for GDA. Girls from the same "club" can move into GDA as
                          a part-time player. Thus, ECNL players can "play" in GDA for like 12 games.
                          But the other way around, no. GDA can't play in ECNL. I believe pt girls can't
                          play in high school if they decide to play pt in GDA. Doesn't matter since
                          XF is losing ECNL next year.

GDA is adapting. No hs still, but they are most likely going single band next year.
                          So, no more 16/17 and 18/19, losing half of the girls. They might go to U13 like
                          in some other regions.

Still the ECNL is done at XF. Rumor is that XF was offered two ECNL teams like other
                          big clubs, but they declined or were threatened by taking away boys DA, thus PacNW and SU got it this year. So, lots of girls will have to try to get into the GDA at XF or Reign
                          or try out for PacNW or SU or WPFC for ECNL.

The part-time deal is not a good one for most girls. You still can't
                          play HS and you are on the "A" team aka B team of Crossfire and limited playtime in GDA.
                          Might as well go to PacNW, Reign, SU, or WPFC if you are thinking about college ball.

Truly troubled times for your DDs. Navigate carefully and don't trust what
                          comes out of coaches unless you can verify.

Comment

Will XF DA be free? Is it free for both boys and girls?

Comment

nteresting that not one person has mentioned Eastside in any of this mix. If I were them I would be runnnig not walking to become part of ECNL. The Reign program has not really served the EFC girls well and when it comes tryout time they are going to find many of their players will be leaving for clubs with ECNL teams that seem to be a better path for girls who want to play college. They may find their talent looking elsewhere.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X