A. NEFC NPL & South Shore

B. Spirit of Liverpool & CFC

C. FCUSA, GPS & NEFC Central

D. Liverpool Academy, Oakwood & Bayside

Check back in with me in November.
    Hope your wife has left you by then!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Ulittle parents....they win some games and a tournaments and think their kids will get full D1 rides. By 9th grade half won't be playing. A few will move up the soccer food chain, the rest will play low level club another year or two into HS then give up club when they realize they aren't going anywhere with it and will enjoy the last years of HS soccer.
      When my kid played at Oak they would split the kids A and B for the weekend games. There were two players who were superstars that never took a turn down on the lowly “white” team.

At 17 years old one doesn’t play and the other will struggle for minutes on her HS team.

When the kids are in braces and haven’t hit puberty it’s a different game. Don’t get caught up in ranking them now. The top talent gets aggregated into 2-3 teams by 9th grade and the rest are on the outside looking in.

Also, for as much as some of you love OW, they eat their young around 8th grade. 50% of the homegrown players get displaced by more athletic kids from the outside

Enjoy the ride

Comment

When my kid played at Oak they would split the kids A and B for the weekend games. There were two players who were superstars that never took a turn down on the lowly “white” team.

At 17 years old one doesn’t play and the other will struggle for minutes on her HS team.

When the kids are in braces and haven’t hit puberty it’s a different game. Don’t get caught up in ranking them now. The top talent gets aggregated into 2-3 teams by 9th grade and the rest are on the outside looking in.

Also, for as much as some of you love OW, they eat their young around 8th grade. 50% of the homegrown players get displaced by more athletic kids from the outside

Enjoy the ride
        Now OW plays to win at every age group like every other two-bit premier club. They have to so they can show parents that they won their low-level league which will lead to more clamor to make the team, and higher prices ultimately (someone has to pay for DA and GDA). See "CT United" (last year's U12 team).

Comment

Enjoy the ride

Truer words have never been spoken. It plays out exactly like this at every age every year.

Half of the parents here pumping up their kids team will be on the sideline of a JV field hockey game in a few short years!

Comment

Yes, that happens.

Comment

Now OW plays to win at every age group like every other two-bit premier club. They have to so they can show parents that they won their low-level league which will lead to more clamor to make the team, and higher prices ultimately (someone has to pay for DA and GDA). See "CT United" (last year's U12 team).
              Yeah sure. Ow ulittle girls got thumped last year many times. Keep smoking derellas pipe.

Comment

Yeah sure. Ow ulittle girls got thumped last year many times. Keep smoking derellas pipe.
                They will get smoked by every team in this NEP division. This team is horrible. My bet is OW 2007 girls will be in last place at the end of the fall season.

Comment

They will get smoked by every team in this NEP division. This team is horrible. My bet is OW 2007 girls will be in last place at the end of the fall season.
                  They left ct because of the azzwhooping

Comment

They left ct because of the azzwhooping
                    Their new coach will get them developed and in shape for the recruitment years ahead.

Comment

Their new coach will get them developed and in shape for the recruitment years ahead.
                      That’s what the parents think

Comment

That’s what the parents think
                        Can’t even believe this is a topic. That age still plays on the postage stamp size field, don’t they?

Comment

Can’t even believe this is a topic. That age still plays on the postage stamp size field, don’t they?
                          Yes, the crazy U-little parents are like this every year. I have an ‘07 player and can remember back at U9 all the parents predicting how great this team would be by U12, sure that all the players would still be on the same team in three years. Well, here we are and only three of the 10 are still playing together. A few dropped club soccer to concentrate on other sports, a few dropped down a level replaced by better players joining the club along the way, and a few ended up moving out of the state. I’m sure there is even more movement on and off of teams during the next three years, and especially when high school hits. I’m not expecting any more than 1 or 2 players on my kid’s current team to still be there by the end of middle school. Parents can rank all they want if they must, but I wouldn’t base the rankings off of last year’s results with so much player movement happening year to year.

Comment

Yes, the crazy U-little parents are like this every year. I have an ‘07 player and can remember back at U9 all the parents predicting how great this team would be by U12, sure that all the players would still be on the same team in three years. Well, here we are and only three of the 10 are still playing together. A few dropped club soccer to concentrate on other sports, a few dropped down a level replaced by better players joining the club along the way, and a few ended up moving out of the state. I’m sure there is even more movement on and off of teams during the next three years, and especially when high school hits. I’m not expecting any more than 1 or 2 players on my kid’s current team to still be there by the end of middle school. Parents can rank all they want if they must, but I wouldn’t base the rankings off of last year’s results with so much player movement happening year to year.
                            That is BS. There isn’t that much movement, that is quite an exaggeration. Your full of it. My kid is at OW, and this team is pretty much the same as it was last year. Player pool of 20+ players with hopes they will add some more during the year. Ulittles at Ow not good

Comment

That is BS. There isn’t that much movement, that is quite an exaggeration. Your full of it. My kid is at OW, and this team is pretty much the same as it was last year. Player pool of 20+ players with hopes they will add some more during the year. Ulittles at Ow not good
                              Well, obviously his kid isn't at Oakwood.

More likely a town premier, classic travel or pop-up premier program.

Comment

They're still young. Just wait and see who is left in another 2 years

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X