Is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it true?

Someone mentioned that one of the Stars HS age teams have only one player that was with the club at U10. The rest of the kids are players that started out with other teams. If that is true for this one team, is it true for the others?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone mentioned that one of the Stars HS age teams have only one player that was with the club at U10. The rest of the kids are players that started out with other teams. If that is true for this one team, is it true for the others?
    I should have said started out with other clubs.

Comment

No idea but would that be surprising to you? I think that a lot of the so called "destination" clubs get that way only due to their core competency of recruiting and / or having a sound infrastructure in place. In other words, not because of better coaching and not because of the ability to develop players. Kudos to them for being able to recruit and/or sell the dream to players and parents, but really for the most part... from a true soccer standpoint, they are usually no better than the rest, in my opinion of course. :)

Comment

I should have said started out with other clubs.
        Absolutely untrue. U15-u18 teams all have many players who started w Stars at u12 and under.

Comment

Doesn't say much for their youth development does it? Particularly when you consider a professional club like Barcelona has had something like 7 players on the top team in the world come through their youth program.

And don't any Stars defenders try and make the point that those kids are recruited to a professional club from all over the world, because then I will have to point out how many play for Barcelona come from just within Catalonia, an area of Spain with a population not that much bigger than Massachusetts. I'd also have to point out that the ECNL ain't La Liga nor the Champions League, yet this professional club can play their own and be quite successful.

Personally, the Stars should be ashamed they can't do the same, but this is pretty typical of youth soccer across the US. Success is derived by recruitment not by development. When you watch the ECNL championship on TV or the NCAA women's championships, you can understand that the quality of what you are seeing is pretty dismal.

Comment

If you are speaking about the team I am thinking of, this would be true. Only the managers daughter has been with the team since U10.

Comment

Absolutely untrue. U15-u18 teams all have many players who started w Stars at u12 and under.
              Prove it.

Comment

RE: this whole thread...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Who.

Cares?

Comment

Who.

Cares?
                    Exactly

What the parents of the top U-Little players hate to hear is that many of them are not even close to being the top players in any age group come U15+

Comment

What is the over/under on how many more hate Stars (or Scorps) threads, veiled or otherwise, will be started and/or revived over the next month?

Sure is boring around here without BTDT and Cyberman.

Comment

It is likely that there are some weeds in your garden that need pulling.

On the rising u18's team there are no remaining players from u10's. There a just 1 or 2 or maybe 3 from u11's. I think the numbers are better on the u17's.

Comment

Star do pull from other teams. So what?

Methinks the OP has an axe to grind~

Comment

Stars are responsible for global warming, and then they have the audacity to deny that global warming exists.

Hey Stars dude, did you hear about the glacier the size of Texas that just broke off from Antartica???

Comment

It is also true that 8 players were cut after the team made it all the way to the Nationals finals ! True story! I know 2 of the girls ! They still talk about this!

Comment

Working...
                              X