Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    the teams mentioned are not in the same division. but doesn't matter, this thread and all other are all in fun. who needs facts when you can just throw random information out anonymously.
    Ah, you play Alby. You also play Empire, another cellar dweller that isn't worth the drive. LISC is in mid Atlantic, for no apparent reason. The fact that there are three DA clubs just on Long Island shows you all that is wrong with GDA.

Comment

Didn't realize it until I saw this, but just those 3 teams (PDA, Hawks, Slammers were all ECNL Nat'l champions at one time or another in various divisions). These were huge losses that were just not replaced in the GDA with teams of the same soccer talent.
      Two other CA clubs announced they're leaving after this year, one very good, the other towards the bottom but not terrible either considering the level of SoCal soccer is generally higher than elsewhere.

Comment

Rather than fix the mess they've created, USSF has decided the teams should play more games for a Cup title.

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180418-N...ture-for-Girls

Comment

Ah, you play Alby. You also play Empire, another cellar dweller that isn't worth the drive. LISC is in mid Atlantic, for no apparent reason. The fact that there are three DA clubs just on Long Island shows you all that is wrong with GDA.
          Agreed. There are more not so good clubs vs. good clubs right now. And with very few exceptions, at least in the top divisions, most of the really high level kids that didn't graduate went back to ECNL. As a result, the GDA seems to be really focusing on the younger kids right now.

Comment

Rather than fix the mess they've created, USSF has decided the teams should play more games for a Cup title.

This is crazy. MH wants to to keep them engaged in the Spring season. Yeah, because that's what they need. MORE soccer.

It's already tough in particular in the older groups to get kids to go to the championships. Seniors have prom, graduations, kids have finals, and other life events, etc. They give up hs ball and the rest of the hs experience as well? Who is coming up with these suggestions?

Expect more defects now.

Comment

This is crazy. MH wants to to keep them engaged in the Spring season. Yeah, because that's what they need. MORE soccer.

It's already tough in particular in the older groups to get kids to go to the championships. Seniors have prom, graduations, kids have finals, and other life events, etc. They give up hs ball and the rest of the hs experience as well? Who is coming up with these suggestions?

Expect more defects now.
              ....more defections now. Defects are the problem.

Comment

Expect more defects now.
                FL board claiming 3 clubs are getting booted. Whether or not they're getting booted vs they're leaving on their own is unclear, but rumors are there will be several other departure announcements after the CO showcase

Comment

http://www.ussoccerda.com/New-Cup-Competition-Structure

I don’t know, I kinda like it. Games mean a little more, semi relegation into tier2 or chance to move to tier1. Not sure where it falls into “development” but games that have meaning bring out better team play

Comment

Is it really more games? Looks like it’s just built out of the showcases and leagues. I can see where older girls would be an issue but might be effective u16 and under

Comment

Is it really more games? Looks like it’s just built out of the showcases and leagues. I can see where older girls would be an issue but might be effective u16 and under
                      Less game, but more meaningful games is their intent.

Comment

FL board claiming 3 clubs are getting booted. Whether or not they're getting booted vs they're leaving on their own is unclear, but rumors are there will be several other departure announcements after the CO showcase
                        I have yet to be impressed with any youth FL soccer/team. Good riddance. Kick and fetch in the heat/humidity. No thanks.
                        Probably why many FL teams have a good amount of internationals on them.

Comment

If Empire is out, does that mean we now have to play Albertson and Fury more? How many trips to LI make this league worth it? Believe me, I’m glad Empire is gone. Just hoping Albertson is as well

Comment

If Empire is out, does that mean we now have to play Albertson and Fury more? How many trips to LI make this league worth it? Believe me, I’m glad Empire is gone. Just hoping Albertson is as well
                            Will never happen. Crystal Dunn made sure of that.

Comment

Anyone know details in scholarships available for DA? Looking at the two DA clubs in Massachusetts.

Comment

Anyone know details in scholarships available for DA? Looking at the two DA clubs in Massachusetts.
                                It's a token amount and is based on financial need. You have to have a very low income to qualify, which is hard to do in MA where incomes are higher than the national average. Each club may have its own scholarships, either based on need or for a super stud they really want. However, then there's also travel costs. There's some league games you'll need an overnight for, plus two showcases and nationals which all require flights and multiple hotel nights.

DA (and ECNL) are largely only for people who can afford it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X