Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m sure there will be top ACC Asst’s getting calls about this job. Mike Bristol from FSU must be on everyone’s call list after they won a national championship. Even though BC did beat them.
    Jason Lowe from Wake Forest is another coach that is ready to be a head coach.
    So you think they are trading fl or nc weather for mass weather and catholic university? Haha doubtful.

Comment

I’m sure there will be top ACC Asst’s getting calls about this job. Mike Bristol from FSU must be on everyone’s call list after they won a national championship. Even though BC did beat them.
      Jason Lowe from Wake Forest is another coach that is ready to be a head coach.
      Agree with other poster about the Mass weather, but I like where you are going. Both of these coaches are goalkeepers by trade. Head coaches that have gk backgrounds tend to understand not only distribution and building from back (how both teams play), but value a solid defensive 1/3 starting in the net and understand how to move the ball up the field through the lines not always over them.

Comment

Why did Sam Coffey move to Penn State??

Comment

Why did Sam Coffey move to Penn State??
          Feel free to start at the beginning of this thread and read through.

Comment

Left because of psycotic Foley. Coach gone but too late to change.

Comment

Left because of psycotic Foley. Coach gone but too late to change.
              so when SC signed to play there, was AF a different person ?

Comment

Feel free to start at the beginning of this thread and read through.
                My daughter played for the same youth club as her NYSC, just wanted to skip the dribble, and get to the reasons....

Comment

The recruiter coach (usually driven by an asst anyway) compared to the actual coach are many times two different people.

Comment

The recruiter coach (usually driven by an asst anyway) compared to the actual coach are many times two different people.
                    It is not like sc is a goalkeeper and would have a different training coach, so dont understand. at some time you meet the head coach. If valued prospect and getting a lot of $$, which sc probably was, then head coach would be directly involved. Sounds more like sc lost faith in the team overall or I heard the interfighting/territorial clashes between players were pretty bad.

Comment

She stayed two yrs. Why? Was she happy when they were winning? Would she have stayed had they been more successful? Or was she just done despite the ultimate outcome?

Comment

During the recruitment process AF never called her drunk like she did for most of last year.

Comment

It is not like sc is a goalkeeper and would have a different training coach, so dont understand. at some time you meet the head coach. If valued prospect and getting a lot of $$, which sc probably was, then head coach would be directly involved. Sounds more like sc lost faith in the team overall or I heard the interfighting/territorial clashes between players were pretty bad.
                          It's like a job interview... the hiring manager seems great during the courting stage and then once you are on board, the monster they are comes shining through.

That said, the BC women's soccer team has been notoriously toxic for a long, long time. SC should have known that going in, it was hardly a secret... my D played against SC and is same class and couldn't cross them off her list fast enough after a visit Freshman year, much to her clueless parents (e.g. me) chagrin who thought she was crazy but allowed her to set her own course through the recruiting cycles.

Comment

It's like a job interview... the hiring manager seems great during the courting stage and then once you are on board, the monster they are comes shining through.

That said, the BC women's soccer team has been notoriously toxic for a long, long time. SC should have known that going in, it was hardly a secret... my D played against SC and is same class and couldn't cross them off her list fast enough after a visit Freshman year, much to her clueless parents (e.g. me) chagrin who thought she was crazy but allowed her to set her own course through the recruiting cycles.
                            i dont know the facts, but i suspect SC is doing what is best for SC and people are trying to link it to AF. I think whether AF stayed or went, losing 4-0 to Hofstra was a real eye opener. I suspect SC wants to be a pro, wants to build a "better" resume etc. probably thinks BC cost her a spot on the U-20 team for the WC etc

Comment

i dont know the facts, but i suspect SC is doing what is best for SC and people are trying to link it to AF. I think whether AF stayed or went, losing 4-0 to Hofstra was a real eye opener. I suspect SC wants to be a pro, wants to build a "better" resume etc. probably thinks BC cost her a spot on the U-20 team for the WC etc
                              BC earned her a previous spot. Her value on the team came through. Now she will be another fish in the aquarium. Mewis went pro right?
                              Just as poster noted, SC is doing whatever is perceived to be best for SC. and going to a conf that can be won by many teams not just a few.

Comment

BC earned SC a previous spot on NT. Just clarifying the post.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X