X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382524]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Please, enjoy the "college showcase." I have some prime land to sell to you to, in the Florida Everglades. Hahahaha!!
    Your jealousy is showing. I feel bad for you.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382526]

Your jealousy is showing. I feel bad for you.
      http://events.gotsport.com/events/co...?EventID=64381

An absolute BULLSH*T list provided to you by GPS. Jealous? Oh Christ please sir.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382496]

Class of New Englanders 2019, majority from DA and/or ISL.
        Mic drop.

Comment

If your talking about Boys, I have no opinion.
          For girls, this is the best local lineup since we made lists at u13

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...r=Girls&Age=17
          Top girls play in the ECNL. Point, paragraph, the end.

Comment

Not NPL, not ODP etc....

Comment

Not NPL, not ODP etc....
              Totally agree. If you look at the college commits for the class of 2019 (girls), Stars has more commits at this point than ALL other clubs combined. I’m not a Stars parent btw. I’m just telling it like I see it. My D happily plays in the NEP. She’s having fun playing casual soccer while studying for her Physics AP class etc. etc. If she had any interest (& talent) to play college, I would absolutely make the drive to Lancaster (from the NS). I would not be wasting my time having here play on a regional team for a behemoth club making trips across the country in these college showcases on Thanksgiving no less.

Comment

Totally agree. If you look at the college commits for the class of 2019 (girls), Stars has more commits at this point than ALL other clubs combined. I’m not a Stars parent btw. I’m just telling it like I see it. My D happily plays in the NEP. She’s having fun playing casual soccer while studying for her Physics AP class etc. etc. If she had any interest (& talent) to play college, I would absolutely make the drive to Lancaster (from the NS). I would not be wasting my time having here play on a regional team for a behemoth club making trips across the country in these college showcases on Thanksgiving no less.
                But that doesn’t mean that NPL players don’t go on and play in college.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382527]

http://events.gotsport.com/events/co...?EventID=64381

An absolute BULLSH*T list provided to you by GPS. Jealous? Oh Christ please sir.
                  why would do you care and why are you so frustrated?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382645]

why would do you care and why are you so frustrated?
                    Telling it the way it is. No frustration here. Considering it a PSA.

Comment

But that doesn’t mean that NPL players don’t go on and play in college.
                      No, not saying that. There are leagues and there are leagues. Top athletes in every sport play in certain "target" leagues. Hockey, lacrosse, soccer, basketball etc... Much harder pathway to play collegiate sports in top programs if you play in inferior leagues playing against inferior competition, that's all. Nothing new here, nobody is being disparaging towards anybody. The wheel hasn't been reinvented since I was that age.

Comment

Good luck to everyone trying to get recruited today!

Comment

No, not saying that. There are leagues and there are leagues. Top athletes in every sport play in certain "target" leagues. Hockey, lacrosse, soccer, basketball etc... Much harder pathway to play collegiate sports in top programs if you play in inferior leagues playing against inferior competition, that's all. Nothing new here, nobody is being disparaging towards anybody. The wheel hasn't been reinvented since I was that age.
                          Not being disparaging? Inferior leagues against inferior competition? Okay.

Comment

This lineup has all 3 of the ECNL teams from MA playing, plus the top NPL Teams (GPS and SSS). This is as good as MA soccer gets for girls.

I do acknowledge that there are 6 players at this age group playing Breakers DA that I would like to see in this tournament. The rest could be distributed among teams in the B Bracket and no one would notice.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382496]

Class of New Englanders 2019, majority from DA and/or ISL.
                              I'll give you DA, but I only see 1 ISL school, Milton.
                              ISL, I don't think it means what you think it means

Comment

Do the hard core kids that play high school jump over for these tournaments; or do they typically just play club in the spring?
                                My daughters club team is made up of all high school players and we have 14 of 17 playing in the tournament this weekend. They are in the U17 bracket and several coaches she wrote to will be coming to see her play.

Not sure why all the hate for this event. You and your wonder kid really do not need to go if it is that much of an issue for you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X