Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think Seacoast is respectable in the northeast division right now and will drop a few points in the spring, and they will most likely be middle of the road at showcases. So the question is - is this a “success”? Well yes and no. Yes it’s a success for the club. It’s showing that it can be middle to slightly below the pack in the GDA across the country. Is this a success for the players and families? That depends on the coaching and training. For 1-2 players per age group this is a great opportunity to shine and be noticed by college coaches and get a D1 commitment, however that was always the case with Seacoast so is giving up high school play worth it? Is the extra training and farther distance to games and the increase in cost helping the majority of the players improve more than before?
    The NE division isn't respectable.

Comment

The NE division isn't respectable.
      We get it. Any post that isn't 100% negative toward them, you will comment on.

"No talent"

"Fall is JV season"

"Northeast isn't competitive"

Isn't there a Region III or IV thread you can be on?

Sheesh.

Comment

We get it. Any post that isn't 100% negative toward them, you will comment on.

"No talent"

"Fall is JV season"

"Northeast isn't competitive"

Isn't there a Region III or IV thread you can be on?

Sheesh.
        #realitybites

Good luck at Nationals. There you'll see what DA really is.

Comment

#realitybites

See you there?

Otherwise, why do you care?

Comment

#realitybites

Well, you might get a glimpse of one of their good teams at least .... there are so many bad ones.

Comment

I think Seacoast is respectable in the northeast division right now and will drop a few points in the spring, and they will most likely be middle of the road at showcases. So the question is - is this a “success”? Well yes and no. Yes it’s a success for the club. It’s showing that it can be middle to slightly below the pack in the GDA across the country. Is this a success for the players and families? That depends on the coaching and training. For 1-2 players per age group this is a great opportunity to shine and be noticed by college coaches and get a D1 commitment, however that was always the case with Seacoast so is giving up high school play worth it? Is the extra training and farther distance to games and the increase in cost helping the majority of the players improve more than before?
              So are you saying that only through DA they can get noticed by DI? Why not check in with the U19 boys DA team and see how that is going!

Comment

So are you saying that only through DA they can get noticed by DI? Why not check in with the U19 boys DA team and see how that is going!
                Odd question - not sure what your thoughts are behind this. Sounds like the boys U19 DA Seacoast team did not get many D1 commits. Okay. My point was that IF you are a girl and you’re that good then you will be noticed if you are playing GDA and will have more opportunity. That’s true. You will get more looks than playing NH NPL. If you aren’t that good then you won’t get noticed no matter where you play.

Comment

Odd question - not sure what your thoughts are behind this. Sounds like the boys U19 DA Seacoast team did not get many D1 commits. Okay. My point was that IF you are a girl and you’re that good then you will be noticed if you are playing GDA and will have more opportunity. That’s true. You will get more looks than playing NH NPL. If you aren’t that good then you won’t get noticed no matter where you play.
                  Sure you'll get more looks vs NPL, not really vs ECNL. But yes talent is talent and coaches know the league doesn't make a player. What does make a players is their skill and personal drive as well as quality coaching. I't's on that last point I'm not sure SU delivers on. The boys generally don't do very well. It's a lot of time and money and no HS to often wind up at places you can without DA. Someone on the MA board compiles a boys commit list every year and it's a good read. You can not only see where they wind up but then he tracks how they do. Plenty aren't even playing after a year or two. Reality. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...150790&page=71

Comment

Sure you'll get more looks vs NPL, not really vs ECNL. But yes talent is talent and coaches know the league doesn't make a player. What does make a players is their skill and personal drive as well as quality coaching. I't's on that last point I'm not sure SU delivers on. The boys generally don't do very well. It's a lot of time and money and no HS to often wind up at places you can without DA. Someone on the MA board compiles a boys commit list every year and it's a good read. You can not only see where they wind up but then he tracks how they do. Plenty aren't even playing after a year or two. Reality. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...150790&page=71
                    Wow, in that entire list only 2 kids from SUSC. That speaks volumes about SUSC and their program no?

Comment

Nobody has said you have to do one league or the other. You people trying to talk in extremes only look foolish.

I just watched UNH, who had 4 DA boys and 1 GPS NPL kid on it. The GPS kid is a sophomore and one of their leaders. I believe the GPS boys program is better overall than SUSC boys, although I know of some who think differently.

I know of SUSC girls going D1 who did not play DA, who played NPL. I know of SUSC girls who do play DA being recruited by D1 in the future.

DA will give you more exposure to colleges than any other league. That's it. Exposure. It doesn't guarantee you anything, and I can't see where anyone has asserted otherwise.

ECNL will give exposure; not as much, but still plenty.

Too bad we don't have an ECNL team close by to consider. So, you take what you can get.

Side note, I'll take the SUSC girls coaches over the closest ECNL's program's coaches all-day every day. First hand experience.

Comment

Wow, in that entire list only 2 kids from SUSC. That speaks volumes about SUSC and their program no?
                        Do keep in mind that list only has kids from MA on it. Any SUSC kids from NH or ME won't be listed.

Comment

Do keep in mind that list only has kids from MA on it. Any SUSC kids from NH or ME won't be listed.
                          Ah ok...wasn't paying attention to that

Comment

Nobody has said you have to do one league or the other. You people trying to talk in extremes only look foolish.

I just watched UNH, who had 4 DA boys and 1 GPS NPL kid on it. The GPS kid is a sophomore and one of their leaders. I believe the GPS boys program is better overall than SUSC boys, although I know of some who think differently.

I know of SUSC girls going D1 who did not play DA, who played NPL. I know of SUSC girls who do play DA being recruited by D1 in the future.

DA will give you more exposure to colleges than any other league. That's it. Exposure. It doesn't guarantee you anything, and I can't see where anyone has asserted otherwise.

ECNL will give exposure; not as much, but still plenty.

Too bad we don't have an ECNL team close by to consider. So, you take what you can get.

Side note, I'll take the SUSC girls coaches over the closest ECNL's program's coaches all-day every day. First hand experience.
                            Spoken by a Seacoast person. I’ve been to both GDA and ECNL showcases - plenty of colleges at both and the ones you invite will go. So no it’s not DA gets more and ECNL some.

Comment

Keep in mind teams are combined U18/u19. Not all kids on a team are graduating in any one year, usually around 8-12 or so. However SU doesn't have a great track record with placements in numbers or quality. They don't even have any listed with the early days of NLI http://www.ussoccerda.com/College-Commitments-2019. then again, neither do the Bolts or Revs lol. NE soccer/clubs blows.

Comment

Spoken by a Seacoast person. I’ve been to both GDA and ECNL showcases - plenty of colleges at both and the ones you invite will go. So no it’s not DA gets more and ECNL some.
                                "ECNL will give exposure; not as much, but still plenty."

My statement still stands.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X