Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Enforcing our immigration laws and protecting our borders is not racist. It's you're not your. As in, you're an uninformed, uneducated liberal idiot.
    See the Spelling Nazi's work sundays as well.

Comment

Enforcing our immigration laws and protecting our borders is not racist.
      All of which can be done without a WALL. It's a tremendously inefficient and costly way to stop illegal immigration. The Dems have repeatedly offered up substantial funds for increased staffing, technology and equipment. But because it doesn't have tRump's precious wall he won't agree to it.

Comment

You would be correct if it wasn’t true. Unfortunately it is difficult to defend this agenda since it is coming straight out of these Democrats mouths. They no longer try to hide it which is too bad because I’m no fan of Trump either but being a conservative it would be impossible to support these ideas. I think we need to find a candidate more center that could help bring sanity back to the WH.
        Do you understand the concept of outliers? You have racist King and Smith in office yet I know not all in the GOP are racists. It also at least gets people talking. It doesn't mean that's where candidates or the party ends up with their platforms. Getting to the center, which yes is where most voters are, takes compromise and understanding. Neither side is willing to do so any longer. Compromise has been a dirty word with the GOP since the day Obama was elected.

Comment

All of which can be done without a WALL. It's a tremendously inefficient and costly way to stop illegal immigration. The Dems have repeatedly offered up substantial funds for increased staffing, technology and equipment. But because it doesn't have tRump's precious wall he won't agree to it.
          No he won't and he's got the American people behind him to back him up.

Comment

No he won't and he's got the American people behind him to back him up.
            Some with most against. They will battle it out and God willing. No wasted time and money for useless concrete wall contract.

Comment

If we are lucky, he will set a precedent for the "emergency" taking of funds. Then when we get a better prez, that strategy can work to deal with some real emergencies like healthcare, and guns, and housing.

Comment

If we are lucky, he will set a precedent for the "emergency" taking of funds. Then when we get a better prez, that strategy can work to deal with some real emergencies like healthcare, and guns, and housing.
                How about people wanting housing & healthcare get a job with the exception of Veteran's who should get it all for free instead of giving it to the illegals.

Comment

How about people wanting housing & healthcare get a job with the exception of Veteran's who should get it all for free instead of giving it to the illegals.
                  Job provides **** healthcare. We r the richest country in the world and spend so much on health care and our healthcare stinks. It is an emergency.

Comment

Do you understand the concept of outliers? You have racist King and Smith in office yet I know not all in the GOP are racists. It also at least gets people talking. It doesn't mean that's where candidates or the party ends up with their platforms. Getting to the center, which yes is where most voters are, takes compromise and understanding. Neither side is willing to do so any longer. Compromise has been a dirty word with the GOP since the day Obama was elected.
                    Agreed. But outliers are only outliers if the leadership stands up and outwardly disapproves or discredits these platforms. Unfortunately that has not been the case. I can’t help but think this will be damaging to the Democrats. I’m a moderate Republican with many liberal leanings when it comes to things like the environment. I don’t support Trump on many things. With that said, I wouldn’t be able to vote against him if these Democratic platforms don’t change. I just don’t see where these ideas listed earlier would be good for America. It’s concerning that many Democrats have already thrown in their hats but none have seemed to be center leaning. It a shame because I truly believe a strong centered voice would easily beat Trump. If nobody comes along, it very well could be him again. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Job provides **** healthcare. We r the richest country in the world and spend so much on health care and our healthcare stinks. It is an emergency.
                      The more people that dont pay into it the more expensive it is for the people that do.Don't pay into it then dont expect it.

Comment

The more people that dont pay into it the more expensive it is for the people that do.Don't pay into it then dont expect it.
                        No kidding

Comment

Agreed. But outliers are only outliers if the leadership stands up and outwardly disapproves or discredits these platforms. Unfortunately that has not been the case. I can’t help but think this will be damaging to the Democrats. I’m a moderate Republican with many liberal leanings when it comes to things like the environment. I don’t support Trump on many things. With that said, I wouldn’t be able to vote against him if these Democratic platforms don’t change. I just don’t see where these ideas listed earlier would be good for America. It’s concerning that many Democrats have already thrown in their hats but none have seemed to be center leaning. It a shame because I truly believe a strong centered voice would easily beat Trump. If nobody comes along, it very well could be him again. I guess time will tell.
                          Another thing to consider: getting through the gauntlet of the primaries often means you have to bash through all the noise, especially in a crowded early field Look at how Trump pushed aside more moderate Republicans like John Kasich or Jeb Bush. The most dedicated voters vote in primaries. The turnouts are usually abysmal. Most times talking points are softened enormously as the general gets closer. In addition, some of the things the Dems are talking about like universal healthcare appeal to both sides of the aisle. i agree that sometimes the Dems are their own worst enemy and if they're not careful they will hand Trump another term (if something doesn't happen between now and then).

In an ideal world I wish

- our election cycle wasn't so long. it's asinine to be campaigning nearly two years out when most of them have jobs they're supposed to be doing for their voters

- substantial campaign finance reform to get big donors and big corporate out of office. We desperately need transparency in who is donating and the SCOTUS ruling is a abomination. Have caps on spending with some minimum floor provided by the parties. We have too many rich people in government who don't represent the average voter. The first job of a newly elected official shouldn't be to start fundraising again.

- move the primary system to blocks of states voting at a time. Having Iowa and New Hampshire be make or break states is absurd.

Comment

Totally agree. No one should go broke trying to stay alive, or even just stay healthy

Comment

Another thing to consider: getting through the gauntlet of the primaries often means you have to bash through all the noise, especially in a crowded early field Look at how Trump pushed aside more moderate Republicans like John Kasich or Jeb Bush. The most dedicated voters vote in primaries. The turnouts are usually abysmal. Most times talking points are softened enormously as the general gets closer. In addition, some of the things the Dems are talking about like universal healthcare appeal to both sides of the aisle. i agree that sometimes the Dems are their own worst enemy and if they're not careful they will hand Trump another term (if something doesn't happen between now and then).

In an ideal world I wish

- our election cycle wasn't so long. it's asinine to be campaigning nearly two years out when most of them have jobs they're supposed to be doing for their voters

- substantial campaign finance reform to get big donors and big corporate out of office. We desperately need transparency in who is donating and the SCOTUS ruling is a abomination. Have caps on spending with some minimum floor provided by the parties. We have too many rich people in government who don't represent the average voter. The first job of a newly elected official shouldn't be to start fundraising again.

- move the primary system to blocks of states voting at a time. Having Iowa and New Hampshire be make or break states is absurd.
                              Agreed. Good points

Comment

Totally agree. No one should go broke trying to stay alive, or even just stay healthy
                                Basic Healthcare should be a Right. Want a higher policy to choose doctors and less wait time then
                                Pay for higher plans.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X