Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Partially true but you are trying to camouflage something deeper than that. You've got dismantled in the game that was streamed and your team looked as they didn't belong. If that's your sample size you are in trouble. You were outplayed, out coached and outclassed. It wasn't 10-0 because the other team missed tons of chances.
    This is a long time in the making. The rise of the mega clubs has not worked out. Bring back the days of MAPLE with lots of smaller scrappy clubs and relegation.

Comment

No ECNL parent would view losing to So Cal Blues or Seattle Reign as a sign of "truble".

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standi...D=NzUzODI3OA==

I may despise DA for separating girls from HS experiences, but please, find a better argument Chicken Little.
      At this age group, SoCal Blues’ top team plays in ECNL. NEFC lost to a B team, and losing to a B team is no moral victory.

Comment

This is a long time in the making. The rise of the mega clubs has not worked out. Bring back the days of MAPLE with lots of smaller scrappy clubs and relegation.
        Yes, get rid of NEP and both NPLs and have one big pyramid in NE. The only thing I didn’t like in Maple was that it was limited in scope. Should have kept expanding the pyramid or have a few WC style tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Too bad the mafia wouldn't let them in.

They'l be just fine. Still the class of MA IMO.
          We had a choice - stay in DA or go back to ECNL. We chose DA. A lot of us think that was a mistake. Some decided to go back to NPL to stick with the club and avoid the ridiculous schedule and travel but I’m not so sure about how well that will work. I don’t agree with the anger of the other poster, but I do agree that NEFC overplayed its hand if you are thinking about most of the people in the club. There are some diehard DA fans, but most of them got waivers.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2394811]The truth is NB is a shell of CH.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered]
              The truth is NB is a shell of CH.
              CH was a great organizer, which NB is not, and champion for the club, but CH was not a great coach. He should have been left to management and marketing, and then NEFC might have had a good structure.

Comment

They have two number one teams (of three ranked) and the U14s are 8-1-2. How is that a disaster? Yes the division is weak but NEFC can't control that. In FL the 15s went 2-1, the 16s went 1-2, the 19s went 0-3 but two games were by one goal (meaning they were closely matched and they were competitive). If they weren't dominating a weak division then you might have a case. There are teams in GDA that have 40+ negative GD and don't have won win or 1-2 at the most. those are the ones that should be sweating.

I'm not even with NEFC, but come on. They are not in a death spiral. GDA death spiral? Maybe. If more good clubs drop out this year it will be very tough to recover from.
                You aren’t with NEFC but you’re looking up their stats? Ok.

Comment

Too bad the mafia wouldn't let them in.

They'l be just fine. Still the class of MA IMO.
                  Richie Rich BM is not a well liked man, and that goes far beyond the ECNL.

Comment

Richie Rich BM is not a well liked man, and that goes far beyond the ECNL.
                    He’s fine. He’s a businessman who fancies himself a soccer guru. Heard about that before? He made the call that DA was the better way to go. Even though he is not well liked, NEFC could have gone into ECNL but chose not to.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered]

CH was a great organizer, which NB is not, and champion for the club, but CH was not a great coach. He should have been left to management and marketing, and then NEFC might have had a good structure.
                      I never understood how he got the Harvard gig. He belongs in communications, not coaching. I wonder when they’ll figure that out.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2394990]

And NB can Coach? What are you on? He has no idea what soccer is all about and runs the same drills over and over. Kick and run and send it to the tall forward to shoot it from 40 yds out. Zero soccer IQ.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395067]

And NB can Coach? What are you on? He has no idea what soccer is all about and runs the same drills over and over. Kick and run and send it to the tall forward to shoot it from 40 yds out. Zero soccer IQ.
                          If winning is the goal, it works. Until someone marks her. She has been successful in high school and club.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395098]

If winning is the goal, it works. Until someone marks her. She has been successful in high school and club.
                            Wait until college, then it doesn't work. Same ole, same ole thing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395098]

I thought youth coach’s are supposed to develop players? Not just win!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2395143]

I thought youth coach’s are supposed to develop players? Not just win!
                                Yes but the problem now he was exposed in FL and it didn’t work.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X