Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He's full of excrement, his scores are higher.
    Nope. He got it because of favoritism plain and simple. And his GPA wasn’t that great either.

Comment

The OP said "With regard to DAP, tough to compare because most of those kids have a different mindset and academics is not as important a factor as landing a top D1 soccer school (IMO)."

The key words are "top D1 SOCCER school" and "academics is not as important" - there many "top D1 SOCCER" schools without great academics so why did you have to bring up your school and Stanford?

So... you didn't have to harp on UVA and Stanford- so what if they are up there in the D1 rankings- it has nothing to do with "TOP D1 Soccer Schools where academics is not a big factor" - do you get it now???
      Well, if you want to drop the academic standards I guess Wake, Maryland & UNC are also selective schools.

If you want to drop the soccer ranking, but uphold academic rigor I’d include Georgetown and Duke.

You Harvard types sure get cranky when you’re irrelevant.

I read the OP’s statement and inferred that he believes DAP kids generally aren’t the strongest students. Additionally, the DAP time commitment often precludes a student from participating in the types of EC’s necessary to gain entrance to truly selective schools.

Try to untwist your panties, it’s the weekend.

Comment

Nope. He got it because of favoritism plain and simple. And his GPA wasn’t that great either.
        Jealousy is unbecoming.

Comment

Try to untwist your panties, it’s the weekend.
          you're one classy UVA grad I'll give you that.

Comment

you're one classy UVA grad I'll give you that.
            #snowflake

Comment

I had you pegged for an ISL parent but you seem far too obtuse for a Harvard graduate. Let me guess, mommy and daddy were big donors?

Harvard is no Princeton, by the way.

The W&M comparison would suggest you barely graduated from Harvard. Were you an English major?

If you can't follow this just cut & paste the information below and email it to mommy and daddy to explain it.

The original quote I responded to:

My reply is below communicating my agreement that DAP/public school kids would have a hard time getting into top D1 soccer schools with selective admissions criteria(the premise being that DAP kids are less concerned with academics):

Here's the link to the latest rankings:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer...ens-soccer-rpi

The two most selective schools in the top 10 are Stanford(#9) and UVA(#10).

Is it all falling into place for you yet? I didn't mention a school like Harvard because they're ranked #141. I mentioned Stanford and UVA together because they are literally ranked together.

Then, while agitated about a public university being named in the same sentence with an Ivy, you banged away on your keyboard and came up with this gem:

I took your advice. There are no Massachusetts players on the team that went to public high school. There are 2 Revs boarding school kids and a kid who flew in from Dubai. This is a Massachusetts soccer forum, which is why I said what I said.

Are there in-state kids from publics on the team? Sure, because UVA is a public college. The bar for out of state students is higher.

If you need any more help understanding things on a soccer forum just let me know.
              Oh, wow, you are a total tool. You must have a PhD in Toolbaggary -- eh, more likely abd.

It was never implied that there were Massachusetts public school graduates on the UVA men's soccer team. The point was simply that there are graduates from public high schools on the UVA Men's soccer roster. Do we agree on that? In fact, Plato, there are public school graduates on EVERY D1 ROSTER IN THE UNITED STATES, from Wake Forest to right down to little old UVA.

Comment

Change all-ISL voting

Instead of coaches, I suggest the players vote on who from the OTHER teams impressed them the most as a player. With 20-30 players per team, the numbers would be more statistically valid and would eliminate bias and clout among the coaches. It's already well known that the coaching abilities vary greatly from team to team. Let's go with the player's choices! Who's with me?

Comment

Instead of coaches, I suggest the players vote on who from the OTHER teams impressed them the most as a player. With 20-30 players per team, the numbers would be more statistically valid and would eliminate bias and clout among the coaches. It's already well known that the coaching abilities vary greatly from team to team. Let's go with the player's choices! Who's with me?
                  You again.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Why don't you vote - show us your ballot for the season that just ended.

Comment

stop with the all-isl talk - let's discuss the coaches ...

coaching abilities, who's the biggest A-hole, etc ....

Comment

As an ex-ISL player I know that players know who are the best players. There’s a ton of chirp out there between players. I remember sitting on the bench watching Jack Harrison play. We could tell right away he had it even tho he was just a little runt at the time. We also had decent fear and respect of the players a level under and everyone knew who they were.

Comment

All I'm saying is that IMO, naming two sophomores to ALL-ISL is wrong.

Comment

stop with the all-isl talk - let's discuss the coaches ...

coaching abilities, who's the biggest A-hole, etc ....
                              Their records kind of speak for themselves. Not ISL, but Owen Finberg (South Kent) is universally regarded as a fantastic person and of course phenomenal coach (and no, my son doesn't go there).

Comment

As an ex-ISL player I know that players know who are the best players. There’s a ton of chirp out there between players. I remember sitting on the bench watching Jack Harrison play. We could tell right away he had it even tho he was just a little runt at the time. We also had decent fear and respect of the players a level under and everyone knew who they were.
                                Jack Harrison never played in the ISL. Played at Berkshire. Whole different level.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X