Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    that is the point. Is the WNBA so irrelevant because they cater to the Lesbian crowd to the exclusion of others?

The fans of the USWNT are lesbians and little girls that play soccer. If you cater to the lesbian crowd and ignore the little girls and their parents, and they go away, does women's soccer become the WNBA and a niche sport for one segment of society?
    Youth players and parents go away as it is. There's mllions of male youth players over the last few years but mens' soccer has barely inched up the popularity ladder, despite being a superior game to watch vs women's. Everyone keeps predicitng soccer will replace one the the big three sports because so many kids play, but it hasn't happened. In addition, participation in youth soccer has fallen 15% in the last three years. That's not a way to build a soccer culture.

I think the bigger issue is what is the appeal? I love basketball and soccer but I can't sit through women's games in either sport except maybe the NT during the WC. With my limited time to watch sports, women's sports will be at the bottom of the list.

Comment

Talking Soccer's resident misogynist trying to stir up trouble today. Yawn . . .

Comment

Talking Soccer's resident misogynist trying to stir up trouble today. Yawn . . .
        you can leave as I'm enjoying this conversation as OP has some good points...

Comment

What's the matter snowflake, reality too much to handle? You are as dumb as your leaders. Try and loosen the tinfoil hat, it may increase the blood flow to what ever is left of your brain...

Comment

that is the point. Is the WNBA so irrelevant because they cater to the Lesbian crowd to the exclusion of others?

The fans of the USWNT are lesbians and little girls that play soccer. If you cater to the lesbian crowd and ignore the little girls and their parents, and they go away, does women's soccer become the WNBA and a niche sport for one segment of society?
            How do they cater to the lesbian crowd? Advertise in The Advocate?

Comment

How do they cater to the lesbian crowd? Advertise in The Advocate?
              Pride jerseys, large rainbow everything, very outspoken faces of the league like Rapino et al.

Comment

Which lesbians are dominating the NWSL and USWNT? There are a few for sure but they are not the majority.
                If not the majority of players, it's close to that, but not a need to mention them by name.

Attendance is poor in NWSL and will always be the case.

Portland does a really nice job of creating a club feeling. People are members of the Portland club, so people go to the women's games to support the Portland club. If Portland had a pro team handball team people would go to those games if it were packaged as part of the club. The Portland club has a Euro feel.

Comment

Pride jerseys, large rainbow everything, very outspoken faces of the league like Rapino et al.
                  If more female players are lesbian (I've no idea, nor do I care) and if lesbians are more interested in women's soccer than others, what's the issue? We need someone to nurture it, anyone at this point. It's not very good soccer vs me's soccer or vs may other sports. It's going to be tough to ever draw an audience, regardless of a viewer's sexual orientation. People just aren't into it. If women's basketball can't make it why will women's soccer? As for the young girls who play and admire the players, they could care less about orientation. It's homophobic adults who get caught up on all of that. The younger generation just doesn't care.

Comment

If not the majority of players, it's close to that, but not a need to mention them by name.

Attendance is poor in NWSL and will always be the case.

Portland does a really nice job of creating a club feeling. People are members of the Portland club, so people go to the women's games to support the Portland club. If Portland had a pro team handball team people would go to those games if it were packaged as part of the club. The Portland club has a Euro feel.
                    Well, Portland is also the land of females in plaid shirts....

Comment

Why do people get offended at the suggestion women's soccer is dominated by lesbians? It's a fact and they are very outspoken about it.

If you can't handle the NWSL and USWNT being dominated by and mouthpiece for the lesbian movement you probably wont like women's soccer.
                      Dude, your tiny, tiny balls shrink more each time you post on here. Better stop or no more ugly kids for you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X