Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Heard that team was missing 1-2 key players. I guess injury or state still going on.
    Florida HS state soccer was definitely still going on. Largo high school had 9 players that played that Friday night in Plantation that were on various teams that played Saturday morning.

Comment

Your response was fine. I didn't want the typical TS drama either.

I can definitely say that we all got what we paid for. Good fields, decent college coach turnout, and a great location for people traveling anywhere in Florida or out of state. I know our 03 girls team will be back next year. If they fix the minor issues they had (parking, food, and bathrooms) and promote this showcase properly it could be a nice showcase for non ECNL and non DA kids. IMO it was more enjoyable then the Disney Showcase at Thanksgiving.
      In total agreement. I would much rather attend this tournament than Disney. Disney's only advantage is the quality of the fields are slightly better, but only at the main facility. I'm not talking about that crap they put you at in Austin Park. And for sure, I do not miss paying +$60 to watch my own kid play soccer. If CDL can promote this better, they will have a very nice event each year. They could even add an ECNL division. Far better than Disney, Weston Cup, or other tournaments the same weekend.

Comment

Florida HS state soccer was definitely still going on. Largo high school had 9 players that played that Friday night in Plantation that were on various teams that played Saturday morning.
        Several teams had the same issue, but by Saturday afternoon everyone appeared to be at normal roster, at least at our age group.

Comment

The traffic flow at that new facility is awful. Took over 30 minutes to get out after our match yesterday.

Comment

The traffic flow at that new facility is awful. Took over 30 minutes to get out after our match yesterday.
            Come on. No it didn't. 10 minutes tops. Walking from parking to the field doesn't count.

Comment

Come on. No it didn't. 10 minutes tops. Walking from parking to the field doesn't count.
              Exactly! LOL No need to exaggerate. It took us 10 mins yesterday to get out. 15 mins top but definitely NOT 30 mins.

Comment

In total agreement. I would much rather attend this tournament than Disney. Disney's only advantage is the quality of the fields are slightly better, but only at the main facility. I'm not talking about that crap they put you at in Austin Park. And for sure, I do not miss paying +$60 to watch my own kid play soccer. If CDL can promote this better, they will have a very nice event each year. They could even add an ECNL division. Far better than Disney, Weston Cup, or other tournaments the same weekend.
                ^^^^THIS RIGHT HERE^^^^

Nothing more than having to pay $60+ to watch your kid play at Disney AFTER your team has already shelled out close to $2K to play. Not to mention Disney area hotel prices and Disney traffic.

If they get the kinks worked out of this tournament it could be a really good event.

Comment

That 02 team was missing their top goal scorer. A parent from that team said she was committed D-1. Good for us!
                  No way that team had a D-1 player. LOL

Comment

No way that team had a D-1 player. LOL
                    There are over 160 Division 1 women soccer teams. Only the top 50 are competitive. Saying that a player is D1 is the same as using GotSoccer for rankings.

Comment

Not what I experienced at all. Never had a problem, once I was able to find a parking spot, to get in or out. I will say that whoever designed the field layout really screwed up on making the parking more convenient to the parents. They should have made the all the parking in the middle, between all the fields. Even so, the fields and the quality of the facilities are very nice. I was impressed and much better then getting reamed by the greedy mouse. I did see college coaches out our first game Friday night and then did not see anymore the rest of the weekend.

Comment

Not what I experienced at all. Never had a problem, once I was able to find a parking spot, to get in or out. I will say that whoever designed the field layout really screwed up on making the parking more convenient to the parents. They should have made the all the parking in the middle, between all the fields. Even so, the fields and the quality of the facilities are very nice. I was impressed and much better then getting reamed by the greedy mouse. I did see college coaches out our first game Friday night and then did not see anymore the rest of the weekend.
                        We had college coaches at both games on Saturday (8 & 2) and Sunday (10). Much better than anticipated. Was it to the level of a GDA or ECNL tournament? Absolutely not. But it was good. For the players on my daughter's team, they are focused on certain Florida schools, which all had a presence. No complaints.

Comment

I agree the parking layout was odd. However there seemed to be plenty for everyone.

My daughter's team had 2 games Sat and 1 on Sunday. There were 2-3 college coaches at the first game in the morning. About 5-7 at the second game in the afternoon. I didn't see any Sunday morning.

Comment

No really it did. I have a large vehicle and trying to back out in bumper to bumper traffic was no fun. Sat there for a good while.

Comment

There are over 160 Division 1 women soccer teams. Only the top 50 are competitive. Saying that a player is D1 is the same as using GotSoccer for rankings.
                              So basically anyone can play d-1- so for that team maybe it was true LOL

Comment

So basically anyone can play d-1- so for that team maybe it was true LOL
                                Even for competitive D1 teams, it has gotten crazy. I know of one particular Florida D1 school that has verbally committed with a number of 2019 and 2020 players. None of them have been offered any scholarship money and the most the players have been promised is an opportunity to practice/tryout. If they make the final roster of 30 is still unknown. That's an awfully big maybe. Nothing to do with the CDL tournament, simply a comment on the slave trade we call recruiting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X