Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t think you followed the previous poster - about the most you can get atheletcally is 50%- they expect women’s soccer players to have good grades and get acedemoc scholarship. Most girls have a 4.0 and have an ACT of 30.
    If you are looking at a Florida school they expect you to get bright futures so they can bring in internationals on full rides. No sense letting your tax dollars pay for USA residents.

Comment

Not true.

The top players are getting more than 50%.

If they have have great grades, it’s easier cause they coaches can get them some academic money and save some soccer money for another recruit. Nobody cares how you spilt it up exactly. $$ is $$.

If you think those players from USA GDA that are playing on national teams are getting only 50% you are wrong.
      Who cares, even if your kid doesn’t get a offer, wasting time traveling around winning 13-0 is insane. Who likes that. Trying to compete against top teams and getting better as a team and individual should be the goal. Therefore playing in a league were other teams and players sare better seems to make sense. Complaining about a top league is too good so don’t play in it is what is the case at Sunrise. Sunrise needs to get their teams in a better league.

Comment

I don’t think you followed the previous poster - about the most you can get atheletcally is 50%- they expect women’s soccer players to have good grades and get acedemoc scholarship. Most girls have a 4.0 and have an ACT of 30.
        I followed the previous poster just fine. You are wrong. Plenty of players get more than 50% athletically. Players just have to be very good players. Don't make matter of the fact blanket statements that are factually in accurate.

Comment

I followed the previous poster just fine. You are wrong. Plenty of players get more than 50% athletically. Players just have to be very good players. Don't make matter of the fact blanket statements that are factually in accurate.
          If you live in the ghetto and are a terrible student you might get a full ride. College coaches expect you to have the grades. So they expect some academic money. They only have 14 full scholarships total for the entire team. They stretch that as far as possible. Internationalstudemts get a full ride - period. Top 10 national recruit gets s full ride. Outside of that everything is a partial and they expect the grades or you are a risk for them.

Comment

That is true- my daughter played with a girl who is on a team that won the national championship recently. First year she got a “book” scholarship along with bright futures. Her second year she got a full ride.

Comment

That is true- my daughter played with a girl who is on a team that won the national championship recently. First year she got a “book” scholarship along with bright futures. Her second year she got a full ride.
              Oh, ok. You know one player who this applies to. Must be how it works for EVERYONE. My bad.

Comment

Oh, ok. You know one player who this applies to. Must be how it works for EVERYONE. My bad.
                And you know????? Crickets

Comment

Going to NSU or Stetson or some crap school. I am sure any player worth a crap gets 85% or better

Comment

Dude is right- I know dozens of girls where this happened. Sure top national recruits get big money and if you want to go to a low level school you can get big bucks. Top national programs don’t typically do this.

Comment

Go to a JUCO and everyone gets a full ride! BAM- easy money!!!!!

Comment

And you know????? Crickets
                        Whatever. I’m not going to try and justify myself to some random on this board.

Just put a qualifier or two in front of your blanket statements because it’s not accurate to say “all players” or to just pick the 50% number randomly out of thin air the way you do.

Say most players or even the vast majority of players.

Don’t throw the 50% number out like you know what you’re talking about.

Reality is that the process is not arbitrary and varies greatly depending on what particular school, and whether it’s public or private, how good the player is, and how bad the school wants the player.

You are certainly correct that coaches try and maximize those 14 schollys and slice them up as much as they can get away with....and still get the players they want. Good grades certainly help and give both the coach and player more flexibility.

Comment

It's all about targeting - if you're one of the true top players on a roster you may get well over 50%, closer to 80% or more. But you have to be outstanding relative to your teammates and a true difference maker/team can't live without player (or starting GK). However, that could come with compromises like the quality of the play or even quality of the school. So would you rather get 45% at a different program where you're still going to play more of the time but it's a more challenging conference or the school is better for you?

A coach once described his scholarships like a bell curve. At one end are the 1-4 players he'll give 75%+. The other end are the ones that get 20% or less (he can split one scholarship across 4-5 players. The bulk of the players fall in the largest middle portion of the curve with 40-60%.

Men is a different animal - only 9.9 scholarships to divide vs 14 for women and most programs will have 4-8 international players that get a good portion of the $.

Comment

It's all about targeting - if you're one of the true top players on a roster you may get well over 50%, closer to 80% or more. But you have to be outstanding relative to your teammates and a true difference maker/team can't live without player (or starting GK). However, that could come with compromises like the quality of the play or even quality of the school. So would you rather get 45% at a different program where you're still going to play more of the time but it's a more challenging conference or the school is better for you?

A coach once described his scholarships like a bell curve. At one end are the 1-4 players he'll give 75%+. The other end are the ones that get 20% or less (he can split one scholarship across 4-5 players. The bulk of the players fall in the largest middle portion of the curve with 40-60%.

Men is a different animal - only 9.9 scholarships to divide vs 14 for women and most programs will have 4-8 international players that get a good portion of the $.
                            Someone that gets it. Thank you.

Good break down and explanations.

No absolute this or that. No “everyone gets this.” No “all players” this or “all players” that. Different schools, different conferences, different players, different positions are all....treated differently. Imagine that.

Comment

Someone that gets it. Thank you.

Good break down and explanations.

No absolute this or that. No “everyone gets this.” No “all players” this or “all players” that. Different schools, different conferences, different players, different positions are all....treated differently. Imagine that.
                              Even if my kid does not get college offer, lower leagues (non GDA and ECNL)are a waste of time. I would rather play home and away games in a top league than be teams all over the state of FL. Winning 6-0 or 4-0 does not do anything for my kid.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X