Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't See GDA /ECNL Benefit

I don't see what the fuss is about with these top leagues. Why do I want my kid competing against Top Hat and Concord when my daughters teammates are not able to play at that level. NPL is a much better option for South Florida Talent as we are not there in this area.

no reason to play outside of the area. you got it right

Comment

Don't See GDA /ECNL Benefit

NPL places very small amounts of players to D-1 schools for soccer, nothing close to ECNL/DA. You really cannot be this stupid!

Comment

s. florida DA's place very few D1 as well. nice try though.

Comment

Play for the Y.

No travel.

You’re daughter can be a star.

Get a trophy for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Play for the Y.

No travel.

You’re daughter can be a star.

Get a trophy for sure.
            My kid is never going to be a Doctor so why go to school at all?

Comment

Mine is...

I have 11k saved in a 529.

Comment

Mine is...

I have 11k saves in a 529

Comment

All depends on

- what your local club options are, how good their coaching is and where they play
                  - what level of competitive play your kid wants
                  - what your player's long term goals are (GDA/ECNL help a good deal if you want higher level college play; if that isn't the goal then no need at all)
                  - what your family budget is, how many kids you are juggling, other activities, time to travel etc.

There's no single answer as all of the above varies player to player

Comment

All depends on

- what your local club options are, how good their coaching is and where they play
                    - what level of competitive play your kid wants
                    - what your player's long term goals are (GDA/ECNL help a good deal if you want higher level college play; if that isn't the goal then no need at all)
                    - what your family budget is, how many kids you are juggling, other activities, time to travel etc.

There's no single answer as all of the above varies player to player
                    Look at the college commitments for each club. Sunrise completely dominates against all of the ECNL and DA clubs in Florida. Rush in Orlando is following that same path. Follow great coaches who are dedicated to getting your daughter noticed. College coaches aren't lining up to watch the last placed teams in ECNL at showcases.

Comment

Look at the college commitments for each club. Sunrise completely dominates against all of the ECNL and DA clubs in Florida. Rush in Orlando is following that same path. Follow great coaches who are dedicated to getting your daughter noticed. College coaches aren't lining up to watch the last placed teams in ECNL at showcases.
                      The travel is insane for ECNL and DA...They need to come to their senses. There is plenty of talent in Florida to have a conference in-state.

Comment

I don't see what the fuss is about with these top leagues. Why do I want my kid competing against Top Hat and Concord when my daughters teammates are not able to play at that level. NPL is a much better option for South Florida Talent as we are not there in this area.

This world needs losers too. Thank you for playing your part. But sadly passing it on to your kid too.

Comment

https://youtu.be/BE1wpHA-cdA

Comment

Is Sunrise dominating the 18/19 USA GDA team? BTW...those girls are actually getting real soccer money. Not a pair of cleats and wind breaker from the Athletic department, so they can say “I’m committed.”

I’ll hang up and listen.

Comment

The travel is insane for ECNL and DA...They need to come to their senses. There is plenty of talent in Florida to have a conference in-state.
                              But if all the clubs play each other the inadequacies of the weaker clubs will be revealed. Playing different out of state leagues hides their weaknesses and helps keep the checks coming in

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X