Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No idea why someone would pay top dollar for not top value. 2nd team, 3rd team, 4th team, all same price?

No, I cannot answer why someone would do that.
    What’s “top value”? 3 trainings a week, league games on weekends, 3 tournaments a year, fun with friends, physical activity, playing a game they love?

I have a daughter verbally committed to a D1 school currently but that’s because she’s really good and works hard and I don’t see it as getting money back on an “investment”.

Comment

Why? Not sure this is true but the East and West in ECNL is working. Because they have the numbers and can fully field two teams and the younger NPL teams that competed in the fall are still in 1st place! Why is that ridiculous?
      Fair enough. Enjoy if it floats your boat.

Comment

What’s “top value”? 3 trainings a week, league games on weekends, 3 tournaments a year, fun with friends, physical activity, playing a game they love?

I have a daughter verbally committed to a D1 school currently but that’s because she’s really good and works hard and I don’t see it as getting money back on an “investment”.
        not the poster - the reality is that B or C teams play in weaker leagues and most often have weaker coaching (clubs tend to put their top coaches at the highest level). Why should someone pay A team prices for a B team product? It has nothing to do with "payout" but value for your money

Comment

Nor do I, but I don't understand your point.

Was she on a club's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th team?

Comment

No idea why someone would pay top dollar for not top value. 2nd team, 3rd team, 4th team, all same price?

No, I cannot answer why someone would do that.
            Value is in the eye of the beholder.
            A clubs 3rd team might be more valuable to a family then another clubs 1st team.
            In terms of cost for all teams within a club, much of it is fixed costs such as field space, indoor rentals, league fees, administrative expenses, etc. Hence the cost is the same for 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, and so on. Only difference is that 1st team coach may have higher pay, but in the big picture, that delta is insignificant on a per player basis.

Comment

not the poster - the reality is that B or C teams play in weaker leagues and most often have weaker coaching (clubs tend to put their top coaches at the highest level). Why should someone pay A team prices for a B team product? It has nothing to do with "payout" but value for your money
              Except that at Stars--which is the club that the previous poster is complaining about, both ECNL teams play in the same division and (for the teams that actually played in the fall), ALL were in the top 5 of the Northeast. Training and tournaments are exactly the same for all ECNL teams (different coaches, but there is no coaching assignment guarantees from year to year with any club).

Is it better for a kid to play for a weak ECNL team at another club because it's the "A" team? It's worth the money for that?

Comment

Nor do I, but I don't understand your point.

Was she on a club's 2nd, 3rd, or 4th team?
                In the beginning, yes.

Comment

Except that at Stars--which is the club that the previous poster is complaining about, both ECNL teams play in the same division and (for the teams that actually played in the fall), ALL were in the top 5 of the Northeast. Training and tournaments are exactly the same for all ECNL teams (different coaches, but there is no coaching assignment guarantees from year to year with any club).

Is it better for a kid to play for a weak ECNL team at another club because it's the "A" team? It's worth the money for that?
                  Agreed. Some a-home on here can’t let go of the “B team” issue. So Stars B ECNL team beats Scorpions A ECNL team yet families are stupid for choosing and paying for the B team???

Comment

Pretty much sums it up,scorpions A team nothing to brag about

Comment

Agreed. Some a-home on here can’t let go of the “B team” issue. So Stars B ECNL team beats Scorpions A ECNL team yet families are stupid for choosing and paying for the B team???
                      Nobody called them stupid.

You want to buy an Accord DL at an Accord XL price, help yourself.

Comment

Nobody called them stupid.

You want to buy an Accord DL at an Accord XL price, help yourself.
                        So, in your example, is the "A" team at a weaker club that has weaker players for your kid to train with worth that Accord XL price? Because it's the "A" team?

Comment

So, in your example, is the "A" team at a weaker club that has weaker players for your kid to train with worth that Accord XL price? Because it's the "A" team?
                          Not relevant. An Accord is better than a Tercel, that's not in question.

The question is paying the same price the higher price for a lesser model of the same car.

Comment

Not relevant. An Accord is better than a Tercel, that's not in question.

The question is paying the same price the higher price for a lesser model of the same car.
                            Perhaps your kid is lucky that there are 2 Accords available at Stars... Otherwise she might have no choice but to buy the Tercel. And I'm sure that the price isn't that different for that lesser club.

In all seriousness... why is your kid still at the club if you are this unhappy? Plenty of above average NPL programs in the area.

Comment

I was lazy and didn't go back through the thread to see if this was already mentioned but how, exactly, is ECNL2 different from what is now known as ECNL Composite?

I agree that this is all about marketing to egos that want patches and prestige.

Comment

Perhaps your kid is lucky that there are 2 Accords available at Stars... Otherwise she might have no choice but to buy the Tercel. And I'm sure that the price isn't that different for that lesser club.

In all seriousness... why is your kid still at the club if you are this unhappy? Plenty of above average NPL programs in the area.

Oh, I'm not. I'm mocking the "Stahs are wicked good crowd and we are the best in the country" when they got allocated to the, ahem, "West" team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X