Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the younger age groups with DA, the top NPSL teams can compete with the RCL D2 teams, and some D1 teams.

The NPSL champs have the option of moving into the RCL, but in the bottom division. Most stay in the NPSL because they get better competition and way shorter travel to away games.

I'm still amazed at the parents who are paying more than $2k/year for their kid to play on a premier D/E/F team. I refereed an E team in the Pac tournament and they would struggle to beat a mediocre rec team. But the parents can say their kid plays for a premier team.
    As a parent who has a child who is a NPSL champ, I would agree with the sentiment above. The idea of having to 'move up' to RCL, pay more, to have matches against less talented teams a lot further away, is just not appealing at the moment.

Comment

I see two games today at starfire . 2 select teams eagleclaw v Southlake (u12) then pac nw v federal way. the two select teams were far superior and would beat both premier teams quite convincingly . What is wrong with parents ? Are the car stickers traded for gold at the end of the season ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X