Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't think that many players choose a club because of ecnl vs gda league. A few. Most choose because of coach, location, cost, travel burden, etc.
    100%

Even with the no HS soccer rule in GDA... lots of kids get waivers or just break the rules (not saying that's right)....

Comment

And NEFC would go where? NPL? Wait a bit and before you know it ECNL2 will be here. EHEHEH
      ECNL 2 = another label that means nothing.

Comment

Ussf would need to spend money to promote woman’s and men’s soccer equally .Same day playing before men’s game maybe.With all the girls playing club there is a way to involve the youth with the women’s teams .

Comment

I don't think that many players choose a club because of ecnl vs gda league. A few. Most choose because of coach, location, cost, travel burden, etc.
          Really? Everyone we know chooses based on this.

Comment

All the best girls clubs left or are leaving DA. Look at the list: Slammers, PDA, Stars, Eclipe-Select, Michigan Hawks & Cross Fire. More rumored to be on the way out soon including Real Colorado, Solar, Top Hat & So Cal Blues.

If those other teams do go, GDA might as well close shop and NEFC & Select should just tuck tail and try to placate their member families with NPL, as neither will ever get into ECNL.

Comment

Based on the league? I don't see too much of that. I know league is a factor but not at the top of the list.

Comment

Most I know chose the club and went where they were sent.

Comment

Most I know chose the club and went where they were sent.
                  That works great when you are 9. When you are a top end 14 year old, not so much.

Comment

Based on the league? I don't see too much of that. I know league is a factor but not at the top of the list.
                    Totally agree. Parents really didn’t know what to expect when DA started a couple years ago. It sounded good to be associated with the Breakers pro team and all. Apparently, the clubs didn’t know what was involved or FC Stars wouldn’t have been so fast to join and then pull out. The NEFC families who’ve stuck with it were already far along and didn’t want to switch clubs, but the younger families who see what is happening with the older girls are re-thinking their options. The lack of local in-state competition, the travel, getting waivers for HS play, and training schedule are turning many off. SSS parents should be carefully considering what they are getting into.

Comment

All the best girls clubs left or are leaving DA. Look at the list: Slammers, PDA, Stars, Eclipe-Select, Michigan Hawks & Cross Fire. More rumored to be on the way out soon including Real Colorado, Solar, Top Hat & So Cal Blues.

If those other teams do go, GDA might as well close shop and NEFC & Select should just tuck tail and try to placate their member families with NPL, as neither will ever get into ECNL.
                      Add Reign and Thorns. Northwest is falling apart. Not sure they will make it to Colorado

Comment

That works great when you are 9. When you are a top end 14 year old, not so much.
                        Either league can work for a top 14 year old. The cream will rise.

Comment

Will either league work for a top 14 year old if the two choices are ECNL & NPL, because that’s where it is heading?

Comment

Will either league work for a top 14 year old if the two choices are ECNL & NPL, because that’s where it is heading?
                            Yes. But i doubt that gda is going anywhere.

Comment

Yes. But i doubt that gda is going anywhere.
                              If all the MLS clubs pull out of DA, as rumored, and all the top girls clubs leave GDA over the next few months....

Comment

Heard Liz did not consult parents and did this to satisfy her NT players at the expense of all other players that want to play Locally in NPL. Several players already testing the water and heard a few have already come over. Bet Liz is telling them if they don’t sugn up for next year they will not be able to play the rest of this year. Talk about building a culture on fear. That is what she does even though she tries to sell it as building a family and strong young women. You will see how much that is BS in the coming weeks/months.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X