Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Absolutely true. They love to poach players from other ECNL teams and parents will only move and PAY for that league so those new players slide right on.
    As other poster just noted you cant switch ECNL clubs mid season.
    The movement is cross league where another club’s NPL player is convinced that they need ECNL to realize their full potential. ECNL may not be mandatory, but the college commitment lists tell a compelling story. NPL player enjoys shiny object status on top team for a month, then it is all up to that player

Comment

There are definitely players that come into ECNL without spending time on lower teams. Just met a girl from another state who goes to school in MA and she tried out for and was put on an ECNL team when she came here. However, I do not think that is the norm.

Comment

You do realize that’s because you can’t switch ecnl teams mid year right? Stars takes ecnl players from other teams mid season and sticks them on npl until they can be rostered for ecnl.
        In this case, they joined but were put on their NPL team for the upcoming year. Impression this Stars parent got is you about everyone starts there for a year.

Comment

In this case, they joined but were put on their NPL team for the upcoming year. Impression this Stars parent got is you about everyone starts there for a year.
          In one age group, there were 2 players from BBA DA that went right on to Stars ECNL East team this year, and 4 that went right on Stars West ECNL team (one coming mid season). None “started” on Stars NPL team. They would never had moved clubs for that deal.

Comment

Only the strong survive cupcakes.

Comment

In one age group, there were 2 players from BBA DA that went right on to Stars ECNL East team this year, and 4 that went right on Stars West ECNL team (one coming mid season). None “started” on Stars NPL team. They would never had moved clubs for that deal.
              Please. West teams were NPL last year. So they did in fact move clubs for that deal. Just a new name for their second team.

Comment

Thanks Mike

Comment

Please. West teams were NPL last year. So they did in fact move clubs for that deal. Just a new name for their second team.
                  Not 100% true. Stop all the rosters are not the same as they were last year, many top players coming from other clubs make up a good portion of the west rosters. Secondly, when you chase the ECNL patch, being on an ECNL team is worth changing clubs. Stars was smart. They knew kids would not move to their club to play on the second team if it was an Northeast NPL team, but a second team that is still an ECNL team is worth the move.

Comment

When do the ID events typically start?

Comment

Scorpions week of February 18th at Forekicks in Taunton.

Comment

If we are interested in moving our 2008 daughter from her current club to a new club for the 2019-2020 season what would the expectations be if she attended one of the these pre-ecnl id clinics in February?

Would she be expected to switch clubs mid-year or is there a scenario where she would finish the year with her current club and then move in June? I imagine it will likely depend on numbers, etc... but she's 10 and I think would prefer to not leave her team mid-year.

Comment

If we are interested in moving our 2008 daughter from her current club to a new club for the 2019-2020 season what would the expectations be if she attended one of the these pre-ecnl id clinics in February?

Would she be expected to switch clubs mid-year or is there a scenario where she would finish the year with her current club and then move in June? I imagine it will likely depend on numbers, etc... but she's 10 and I think would prefer to not leave her team mid-year.
                          These clinics are generally for next year's teams...

Comment

You are the parent, you decide and show her the way. IMHO, you signed her up for her current team and committed her for the year to that team, those coaches and those kids. If all of those things were not what you hoped, then you made a mistake, but you should not bail on them and potentially screw them for your mistake .... go to the clinic, tryout, wait to see if you get an offer for next year and then make the decision ... it isn't likely they will want her to move right away unless they are in trouble for numbers in which case, caveat emptor. Why don't you just email the coach of that team and ask if your kid can come to a few workouts in the winter and spring to check out the team for next season?

Comment

You are the parent, you decide and show her the way. IMHO, you signed her up for her current team and committed her for the year to that team, those coaches and those kids. If all of those things were not what you hoped, then you made a mistake, but you should not bail on them and potentially screw them for your mistake .... go to the clinic, tryout, wait to see if you get an offer for next year and then make the decision ...
                              I agree. I just wanted to go in eyes open. I'm not interested in sabotaging her current team/club. Just wasn't sure of what to expect. Thanks for replying.

Comment

Is your 10 yo old enough for an ECNL tryout - isn't she an 09? Youngest is U13 so I think you have one more year. Her tryout is going to be later in the season - late May/early June.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X