Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter Soccer Leagues on LI

Are there any competitive leagues that take place during the Winter? Both my kids play and half the games have been a waste of time. Low level LIJSL and NYCSL teams playing against Premier teams doesn't work but most leagues take anyone. Speaking to other parents from around the island and this seems very common. Where would people recommend playing next year?

There just aren't enough facilities available and teams interested to make truly competitive winter leagues. Every once in a while you may get lucky and get a well matched division but that is the exception, not the rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There just aren't enough facilities available and teams interested to make truly competitive winter leagues. Every once in a while you may get lucky and get a well matched division but that is the exception, not the rule.

The winter leagues are a joke (too many mismatches) I think the best thing to do if you have a real competitive team is play them up a year in the winter league season.

Comment

The winter leagues are a joke (too many mismatches) I think the best thing to do if you have a real competitive team is play them up a year in the winter league season.
        Our team paid a fortune to play a SUSA indoor league and it wasn't worth it. Most games a waste of time.

Comment

Our team paid a fortune to play a SUSA indoor league and it wasn't worth it. Most games a waste of time.
          Our BHS plays at KK and had a very good division. Well run too.

Comment

the leagues are really just a way of trying to get some touches on the ball. We are in an area where it is very hard to do so during the winter months so just look at it like that. Your alternative is don't play a league and that is one less day they don't touch the ball.

Comment

the leagues are really just a way of trying to get some touches on the ball. We are in an area where it is very hard to do so during the winter months so just look at it like that. Your alternative is don't play a league and that is one less day they don't touch the ball.
              or do an extra days training.

Comment

wouldn't be so bad if the price was reasonable. Paying a ref to do a 15-0 type of game is a waste them and both teams.

Comment

The Susa winter league was a joke and very expensive. Complete waste of time. Referees would barely watch the games. My daughter did Susa indoor clinic. That was also very expensive and not great. So many better options out there

Comment

The Susa winter league was a joke and very expensive. Complete waste of time. Referees would barely watch the games. My daughter did Susa indoor clinic. That was also very expensive and not great. So many better options out there
                    Everyone I speak to says the same. We went there a few years ago and had to play in a mixed age group, it seems nothing has changed.

Comment

Has anyone played at 516 Futsal?

Comment

Yes, it’s not to bad. Very disorganized and most teams do not play at their Robbins ln facility which we were not told when joining. I will never go back

Comment

my kids played there last month for a tournament....venue is not great but the kids liked it....we will play there again soon.

Comment

Yes, it’s not to bad. Very disorganized and most teams do not play at their Robbins ln facility which we were not told when joining. I will never go back
                            Where do they play then? Is that only reason you are not going back or were there other?

Comment

Did a winter weekly league with them last year, was very disorganized, we had times where teams showed up at the wrong times and ended up playing different teams than they were supposed to ...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X