X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The obsession continues

I looked over my pool fence last night and thought we saw some leering eyes peering into the yard. Must be the same dude from this thread.
    This is like arguing with a middle schooler. "I can't argue my opinion with facts so I'm going to just throw out the word obsessed over and over again and hope hurling insults makes me look smart". Try using pontificate a few times too. That's your other favorite word anytime someone dare have a different opinion on the mighty GDA, right?

Psst. This is a site called "Talking Soccer". People are going to, you know, talk about soccer. If that's concerning to you, you might want to check out "Talking Unicorns and Rainbows" or perhaps "My Daughter is a Superstar Because SU says So".

Comment

This is like arguing with a middle schooler. "I can't argue my opinion with facts so I'm going to just throw out the word obsessed over and over again and hope hurling insults makes me look smart". Try using pontificate a few times too. That's your other favorite word anytime someone dare have a different opinion on the mighty GDA, right?

Psst. This is a site called "Talking Soccer". People are going to, you know, talk about soccer. If that's concerning to you, you might want to check out "Talking Unicorns and Rainbows" or perhaps "My Daughter is a Superstar Because SU says So".
      It's called "Talking-Soccer.com" not "I-obsess-about-and-belittle-others-who-are-taking-a-different-route-than-I-due-to-various-factors-that-I-am-not-privy-to-because-I-obviously-have-some-underlying-concern.com"

In the meantime, stay out of backyard. It's getting creepy.

Comment

It's called "Talking-Soccer.com" not "I-obsess-about-and-belittle-others-who-are-taking-a-different-route-than-I-due-to-various-factors-that-I-am-not-privy-to-because-I-obviously-have-some-underlying-concern.com"

Ohhhhhh! You're the guy who got busted for creeping on the academy girls last fall. You remember, knowing weird facts, following their "insta". That's why you're using all the hashtags. Still trying to impress the gals. I remember now. It struck quite a nerve with you. You're trying to use those same words now. Cute! Good luck, man.

#stillacreep

Comment

Funny. No one would be in the backyard of a mediocre SUSC DA player if they were obsessed with anyone. But keep telling yourself otherwise. You need that fantasy to keep writing that check.

Comment

You are way too sensitive. I don't see bashing of personal choices as much as bashing the cluster phuk of youth soccer these days. The clubs and leagues are merely fighting over the limited talent and market share. Players now have more options than ever before, which I guess is a good thing (?). But with player and coaching talent spread so thin no one is really "winning"

not the op

Comment

Funny. No one would be in the backyard of a mediocre SUSC DA player if they were obsessed with anyone. But keep telling yourself otherwise. You need that fantasy to keep writing that check.
              But, yet, here you are. Obsessing away.

You know nothing of me nor my family, who we play for, if we even play, boy or girl, what age, nothing....Instead obsession blinds any real thought and characterizes everyone who doesn't take your stance as a SUSC sucker.

Good times.

Thought I smelled something wafting over from the bushes earlier.

https://www.calvinklein.us/en/obsess...e-and-campaign

Comment

But, yet, here you are. Obsessing away.

You know nothing of me nor my family, who we play for, if we even play, boy or girl, what age, nothing....Instead obsession blinds any real thought and characterizes everyone who doesn't take your stance as a SUSC sucker.

Good times.

Thought I smelled something wafting over from the bushes earlier.

https://www.calvinklein.us/en/obsess...e-and-campaign
                Ok. Let's just say your daughter plays for the SUSC U15 DA team, ok? No one's obsessed. Trust me.

Comment

Ok. Let's just say your daughter plays for the SUSC U15 DA team, ok? No one's obsessed. Trust me.
                  Nope.

#obsessed

Comment

I agree. The constant obsession and worry about what others are doing is only something a child could muster.
                    Funny how one side is obsessed, and the other side who argues just as frquently is normal. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Funny how one side is obsessed, and the other side who argues just as frquently is normal. Hmmmmm.
                      One is overly concerned with what other families decisions are, one just takes glee in pointing it out.

I mean...typically...if I have no direct knowledge about something, I STFU about it. That's where it delineates from mild humor to obsession.

Comment

One is overly concerned with what other families decisions are, one just takes glee in pointing it out.

I mean...typically...if I have no direct knowledge about something, I STFU about it. That's where it delineates from mild humor to obsession.
                        You aren't S'ingTFU up now. Really funny that whenever someone posts negatively about GDA you chime in within a few minutes. Are you sure YOU'RE not obsessed? Are you this board's moderator? Do you get text alerts when someone post's something with GDA in it?

Comment

You aren't S'ingTFU up now. Really funny that whenever someone posts negatively about GDA you chime in within a few minutes. Are you sure YOU'RE not obsessed? Are you this board's moderator? Do you get text alerts when someone post's something with GDA in it?
                          I'm not S'ingTFU about a subject I am familiar with: Obsession with haters too concerned with other families decisions of which has no bearing on their lives. So, it applies.

Maybe I am the moderator....

Follow along...

#obsession.

Comment

I'm not S'ingTFU about a subject I am familiar with: Obsession with haters too concerned with other families decisions of which has no bearing on their lives. So, it applies.

Maybe I am the moderator....

Follow along...

#obsession.
                            I don’t see either poster as obsessing. True this is called talking soccer for a reason. People come on to talk soccer.

The GDA is not doing well in the northeast. That’s a fact. Why? So many reasons contributing. The northeast already had several leagues and many clubs in a small area competing. They are popping up everywhere and big clubs are grabbing up real estate as satellite branches everywhere as well. In MA there are so many clubs - GPS, SSS, Stars, Scorps, Spirit of Liv, Western Pioneers, Aztecs, Bolts, Revs, FSUSA, and so many more that it’s silly. So northeast already started with so many choices and so many leagues. Adding more only waters everything down.

GDA comes along and top clubs think they need to be a part of it even though they don’t like the no high school aspect and the subbing rules and the travel to NY every weekend. Then top clubs pull out so they have to offer to next tier clubs to have a balance in a region. More watering down. Many players don’t belong and their clueless parents often annoy people. Just because they are playing in that league doesn’t automatically make them super talents above everyone else.

ECNL and NPL had their problems but they were, by in large successful leagues. Basically they weren’t broken so why fix them? GDA is making a mess of things. So many uncertainties and families are losing faith and trust and kids are getting bounced around. Not good. Not good for anyone.

Comment

I don’t see either poster as obsessing. True this is called talking soccer for a reason. People come on to talk soccer.

The GDA is not doing well in the northeast. That’s a fact. Why? So many reasons contributing. The northeast already had several leagues and many clubs in a small area competing. They are popping up everywhere and big clubs are grabbing up real estate as satellite branches everywhere as well. In MA there are so many clubs - GPS, SSS, Stars, Scorps, Spirit of Liv, Western Pioneers, Aztecs, Bolts, Revs, FSUSA, and so many more that it’s silly. So northeast already started with so many choices and so many leagues. Adding more only waters everything down.

GDA comes along and top clubs think they need to be a part of it even though they don’t like the no high school aspect and the subbing rules and the travel to NY every weekend. Then top clubs pull out so they have to offer to next tier clubs to have a balance in a region. More watering down. Many players don’t belong and their clueless parents often annoy people. Just because they are playing in that league doesn’t automatically make them super talents above everyone else.

ECNL and NPL had their problems but they were, by in large successful leagues. Basically they weren’t broken so why fix them? GDA is making a mess of things. So many uncertainties and families are losing faith and trust and kids are getting bounced around. Not good. Not good for anyone.
                              I do feel for the kids/families caught up in the mess. Yes some of the writing was on the wall but there was hope (and hype). Then what many predicted would happen has happened. I don't feel for USSF who ultimately is who f'd this up. i also don't feel for the parents who now won't acknowledge what a mess it is. Ok it works for your kid. That's great. Now everyone has an abundance of choices and that's good for the consumer. But it isn't improving soccer at al and the league is taking on water, fast.

Comment

I do feel for the kids/families caught up in the mess. Yes some of the writing was on the wall but there was hope (and hype). Then what many predicted would happen has happened. I don't feel for USSF who ultimately is who f'd this up. i also don't feel for the parents who now won't acknowledge what a mess it is. Ok it works for your kid. That's great. Now everyone has an abundance of choices and that's good for the consumer. But it isn't improving soccer at al and the league is taking on water, fast.
                                I don't agree that an abundance of choices is good for the consumer. I do agree that USSF created this mess, but not by the formation of the Development Academy, but by allowing multiple youth governing bodies at all levels in the first place. They should have either umbrella'd everything under a single governing body, or put restrictions on the levels that the different governing bodies had authority (Rec, State Travel, Regional Travel, Regional-National Travel).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X