Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    soccer is a team sport!!!! it seems we all want our kids to be messi, its not reality these are generational players. So you had better learn game understanding, which none of the kids have here in S florida at younger ages, for example when I watch da u-13 as example not one kid plays the way he is facing and more disturbing there in no correction. I am all for individual skill and the ability to beat players but when you do it in your own defensive 1/3 of the field we are teaching the wrong things. This happens 10 times during a match by most of the kids. These kids cant get to the next level because they have no vision, or more importantly football IQ. I do agree adapting to different style becomes difficult. However anyone would have difficulty adapting to S florida DA kickball. We come from Da in California and whats going on here is completley oposite of out west. So i am not sure whats wrong or right, the premise out west however is play soccer play the game, its a team sport. We had the opportunity last year to play german side Dortmund they sliced us up, we were faster and stronger, however there precision passing and movement off the ball was at another level. So are they doing it wrong as well? I am not sure on this individual mandate people speak of here in florida, I believe its the parents attitude of its all about my kid and not the team. This is a new concept to us and like I said a complete 180 in philosophy
    if you watch how a professional clubs transitions and plays out the back, it's an art. most kids in FL have no training in how to play out the back through the midfield and into a favorable attacking opportunity. easier to have the keeper punt to the attacking midfielder or striker.

if you're attacking, but don't have numbers, reset to the pivot or play back to the open player. simple things like these - that i consider pretty darn basic and not very advanced soccer- are not happening in most FL clubs. My surprise is that FYSA as governing body is not concerned about the quality of play at all levels. it's almost as if we are satisfied with kickball soccer as our florida "version" of the game.

Comment

if you watch how a professional clubs transitions and plays out the back, it's an art. most kids in FL have no training in how to play out the back through the midfield and into a favorable attacking opportunity. easier to have the keeper punt to the attacking midfielder or striker.

if you're attacking, but don't have numbers, reset to the pivot or play back to the open player. simple things like these - that i consider pretty darn basic and not very advanced soccer- are not happening in most FL clubs. My surprise is that FYSA as governing body is not concerned about the quality of play at all levels. it's almost as if we are satisfied with kickball soccer as our florida "version" of the game.
      WHY? its maddening!! I watch A license coaches stand there with there arms crossed dont say a word, walk off the field and say good game to parents.

Comment

someone told me this recently if you want your kid to have proper development and any chance leave the state of Florida now, you wont find it here!

Comment

WHY? its maddening!! I watch A license coaches stand there with there arms crossed dont say a word, walk off the field and say good game to parents.
          i can come up with 20 theories, but the bottom line is, the party most responsible is the governing body for soccer in the state. they seem to be content with bad soccer for the masses as a mission statement. at least kids get exercise.

Comment

someone told me this recently if you want your kid to have proper development and any chance leave the state of Florida now, you wont find it here!
            It was me. If your kid has real talent and you think you can go all the way. Not only leave Florida, leave the US. Go back to Columbia, Venezuela, Mexico or whereever you came from. Because the chance to advance is much higher, and your influence can be much heavier. Sad but true.

Comment

Licenses have no guarantees. Laziness is full of guarantees.

Comment

It was me. If your kid has real talent and you think you can go all the way. Not only leave Florida, leave the US. Go back to Columbia, Venezuela, Mexico or whereever you came from. Because the chance to advance is much higher, and your influence can be much heavier. Sad but true.
                Apparently the only real talent is from immigrants.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X