Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The word every is an absolute. My kid had D1 offers as well and knew she would not be able to juggle the demands.
    Getting no traction .. also known as no one really wanted her .. so now it’s all about the education .. funny how we have to debate the merits of D3 educations in a thread about New England D1 soccer programs .. just another reason to laugh at D3 parents.

Comment

Does this make any sense? Talk about the effects of inbreeding.
      Well I have always felt that some cover their feet on the cape so we dont see their webbing. You have to read it with the comment it was originally attached to.

Anyway it seems like former teammates families, either club or school or both have identified a poster. Maybe a kid who was going d3 and change mind Or was there and left. Obvious bad blood.

Comment

The word every is an absolute. My kid had D1 offers as well and knew she would not be able to juggle the demands.
        There’s a big point is the kids lack of motivation. If the poster is saying his kid had elite D3 academic intelligence and motivation then the rigors of even the most difficult D1 school are attainable with the academic supports most D1 schools have in place for their athletes. Being lazy on top of being a relatively weak soccer player is the real reason the kid chose D3. It was their only option.

Comment

There’s a big point is the kids lack of motivation. If the poster is saying his kid had elite D3 academic intelligence and motivation then the rigors of even the most difficult D1 school are attainable with the academic supports most D1 schools have in place for their athletes. Being lazy on top of being a relatively weak soccer player is the real reason the kid chose D3. It was their only option.
          Not true as she has graduated and played semi pro while in grad school. Had little to no loans because of her academics.

Btw she still plays today. Her sisters were/are both d1. Different strokes.

Comment

Not true as she has graduated and played semi pro while in grad school. Had little to no loans because of her academics.

Anyone who can fog a mirror can play semi-pro after college. That means nothing. Not wanting to pay the price, that as everything.

Comment

Guess that they showed outlaw D3 soccer then. My kid is getting paid to play soccer.
              sorry that your kid was too stupid for Stanford or HYP. She'll be coaching club soccer in a few years. you must be proud.

Comment

Love when people throw FA in like it wasn’t available anywhere else but an Ivy or some snob D3. Truth probably was that places like Stanford, Duke, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, Nortwestern etc weren’t an option because your neice wasn’t a good enough soccer player so they essentially just walked on at a place like Dartmouth. That’s just another form of face saving.
                Any of those schools within a 5 hour drive of Boston? No, in case you don't have a map (or more likely can't read one). There's more to college selection than scholarship $'s, for those of us that have had some career success.

Comment

Getting no traction .. also known as no one really wanted her .. so now it’s all about the education .. funny how we have to debate the merits of D3 educations in a thread about New England D1 soccer programs .. just another reason to laugh at D3 parents.
                  There is no reason to laugh at any parent. There are lots of good reasons to play soccer at most any level. As parents of a student athlete playing at the D1 top 10 NE level, there are days that D2 or D3 seem pretty attractive.

Comment

Anyone who can fog a mirror can play semi-pro after college. That means nothing. Not wanting to pay the price, that as everything.
                    Not the team she was on. But she has regrets but she knew what she was able to handle. I respect that. Depression and more in college due to the stress is very real. And it is idiots like you who miss the signs.

Comment

BS. Anyone who knows anything about how the Ivies operate knows that this is a lie.
                      I know how Ivies operate. My kid is at one right now. This person's story is not too different from ours. You seem to be guessing, or hoping that you're right. Perhaps you chose the wrong path?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        I wouldn't laugh at D3 parents. I just think many of them are hypocrites because their kids didn't get the attention of D1 schools so they reverted to D3. There is no problem with that, but they should be honest. I have two kids playing D1. One plays every minute or almost every minute, and the other has gotten on the field only a few times. I don't know yet which one will end up the better for it, and both are happy with their choices. The younger one has had to deal with not being perceived as the best, but she is getting stronger and better, is committed to pushing her team, and has a pretty great attitude. As I said, time will tell which one grows more from the experience, and I have no doubt that the younger one would have been starting on D3 and playing every minute at a D3 school. To each her own.

Comment

So now we are comparing Johnson & Wales to Stanford or HYP?

Comment

Not the team she was on. But she has regrets but she knew what she was able to handle. I respect that. Depression and more in college due to the stress is very real. And it is idiots like you who miss the signs.
                            Anyone who has read kate fagan's book about the di kid who was an athlete, soccer played into it, and jumped off a parking garage at college understands.
                            These posters dont get it. It isnt a do over.

Comment

So now we are comparing Johnson & Wales to Stanford or HYP?
                              Not d3 around here bozo. Ever hear of messiah?

Comment

I wouldn't laugh at D3 parents. I just think many of them are hypocrites because their kids didn't get the attention of D1 schools so they reverted to D3. There is no problem with that, but they should be honest. I have two kids playing D1. One plays every minute or almost every minute, and the other has gotten on the field only a few times. I don't know yet which one will end up the better for it, and both are happy with their choices. The younger one has had to deal with not being perceived as the best, but she is getting stronger and better, is committed to pushing her team, and has a pretty great attitude. As I said, time will tell which one grows more from the experience, and I have no doubt that the younger one would have been starting on D3 and playing every minute at a D3 school. To each her own.
                                I had kids go both as well. I laugh my azz off at the D3 nut jobs here who have to elevate everything about D3 so they can soothe their wounded egos. They don’t represent the average D3 parent I’ve stood on sidelines with. The nut jobs here are all about keeping score and it bugs the crap out of them that someone else’s kid got more than their kid did. Why not laugh at them, they make fools out of themselves here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X