Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A basic youth license, which might be run by a club official, is more or less just going and taking the classes to get an understanding of organization. They are a helpful tool to new coaches or for people that aren’t making a living coaching. It is not something you really fail, you go to get an understanding of how-to help little kids have fun playing. The NSCAA (United Soccer Coaches) licenses are also very good for coaches that are just starting or for school coaches. But the basic USSF or State badges are helpful for many people.

The USSF is a different story. I know guys that failed the B or A, and they don't get the money back from their clubs. I know guys that didn't pass and got stuck with the bill since you only get reimbursed for passing, which makes sense. The license and travel involved is expensive, and it’s a time-consuming process.

Getting any coaching badge is a positive thing, not a bad thing.
    no that's not it

Comment

Yes absolutely educate parents. Practice patience. Miami does not have that.

Comment

For the majority of parents a great coach is one who starts their kid .

Comment

For the majority of parents a great coach is one who starts their kid .
          Signed,
          Team Mom

Comment

Just like saying professional players are good coaches. That's not always the case.
            I have seen it. Former pro players taking their B license and they are off topic in their final session, yet they still get a pass. If current US National player Michael Bradley was in the "A" license course, do you think anyone would fail him?
            No matter how bad he might be

Comment

I have seen it. Former pro players taking their B license and they are off topic in their final session, yet they still get a pass. If current US National player Michael Bradley was in the "A" license course, do you think anyone would fail him?
              Why would you fail him if just from his experiences he will be ale to relay a different message to a player that YOU CANNOT. Put next to him a savy coach and you have Zidane’s success. In order to coach, the player must believe you. You earn that by having played or working your butt off. Just like you focus on W-Ls, you’re making the same mistake with Passing or Failing

Comment

Michael Bradley was an excellent player. I’m sure he will be a very good coach. His father is did a great job with the US. Kids would be lucky to have him but he will with senior players.

Comment

Michael Bradley was an excellent player. I’m sure he will be a very good coach. His father is did a great job with the US. Kids would be lucky to have him but he will with senior players.
                  Bradley sucks as a player maybe a better coach

Comment

A license coach does not mean great coach they just put in the time and money their are plenty of great coaches that do not have an a license. It is all just about money
                    No shyt Sherlock

Comment

Bradley sucks as a player maybe a better coach
                      And vice versa: plenty of great players make terrible coaches

Comment

And vice versa: plenty of great players make terrible coaches
                        Those who can't play...

Comment

years ago when my oldest was a u10, his club at time brought in a coach that just wanted 9 year olds to do technical drills all day long. Juggling, receiving, first touch, etc. did not care about winning. he lasted less than one month, losing every game 8-0 and the parents ran him out of the club. in retrospect, there was a lot of positives with his approach. the kids were not ready to really compete until they developed mastery of the ball.

the point of this story is this - sometimes as parents we are our own worst enemies. sometimes we equate winning with good coaching. we think a good coach gets results, and this is wrong. unfortunately, a gang of parents, in many clubs, can get coaches fired.

i don't think licensing alone is the solution. the solution is more patience, less competition and more technical skill growth at the younger ages. this will produce better overall players. there is no point in playing 9 year olds 60 games a year scooting after a ball IF they first do not control the ball at a high level. we put competition first and ball control second; this is backwards.
                          Best comment spot on .

Comment

A basic youth license, which might be run by a club official, is more or less just going and taking the classes to get an understanding of organization. They are a helpful tool to new coaches or for people that aren’t making a living coaching. It is not something you really fail, you go to get an understanding of how-to help little kids have fun playing. The NSCAA (United Soccer Coaches) licenses are also very good for coaches that are just starting or for school coaches. But the basic USSF or State badges are helpful for many people.

The USSF is a different story. I know guys that failed the B or A, and they don't get the money back from their clubs. I know guys that didn't pass and got stuck with the bill since you only get reimbursed for passing, which makes sense. The license and travel involved is expensive, and it’s a time-consuming process.

Getting any coaching badge is a positive thing, not a bad thing.
                            A badge shows you give a crap about taking $1500 from parents + all the time and other expense they put into the sport. Clubs should demand their coaches have appropriate levels of license for the team and age they are overseeing. This isn't rec soccer and we pay too much money to be disrespected with daddy coach and daddy club ball.

Comment

Sorry, I disagree. It’s all rec soccer

Comment

Even the DA teams are ”rec” soccer. Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X