Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes - looked into - easier to run through club at a slightly higher cost.
    Our club lets the coaches/parents organize there own team, and they still handle the registration and everything for the team, without charging any extra.

Comment

I understand every club needs to make enough money in order to function properly. And It takes money for turf/fields, coaches, registration fees, ect. And I think for the most part most clubs are pretty fair in most of this (and I know this is a huge argument as well, but I'll leave it out of this for now). In this situation though its pretty black and white. This is for 1 thing, and the prices aren't a secret, they are out there. If I was on one of there teams that has a 10 person roster, I would be pretty upset knowing that in other clubs they have a 10 person roster for 50 bucks cheaper, all because their club wants to make money off them.
      If these clubs don't produce revenue where they can they will struggle to provide a quality product. Everything is more expensive than it was 12-24-36 months ago. I know people don't like paying more, but it is reality that they need to create new revenue where they can in order to survive and better serve the community. Otherwise clubs limp along and then people complain about the lack of quality of services.

Comment

Yes - looked into - easier to run through club at a slightly higher cost.
        Then quit complaining, there’s no free lunch, and it sounds like you don’t want to work for free either.

Comment

Seems like you're singling out one particular club. Here's PCU's $125 registration fee as well.

http://www.pcusc.org/WinterFutsal

Comment

Seems like you're singling out one particular club. Here's PCU's $125 registration fee as well.

http://www.pcusc.org/WinterFutsal
            I only heard about the one. If there are others I think adding them to the list is fine. Good to know

Comment

I only heard about the one. If there are others I think adding them to the list is fine. Good to know
              Whoa I thought it was a good deal when my local club offered it for $140. We have paid volunteer coaches.

Comment

I feel sorry for you guys.

Futsal is a part of your fees over here in Vancouver. We even get one night per week of training in a gym with futsal equipment. It took about three years to fine tune and budget. All for $1,795/year!
                Oh, and my DD gets half of a lot turf field four nights a week.

Comment

THUSC did it correctly. Quoted the correct price and then split it up with whoever is up for playing. Coaches rotate to the games.

Comment

Futsal is a part of your fees over here in Vancouver. We even get one night per week of training in a gym with futsal equipment. It took about three years to fine tune and budget. All for $1,795/year!
                    But you either have to live or travel to vantucky.

Pass!

I’ll pay more to not have to subject myself to that

Comment

So you were uninformed, use skewed assumptions, and your first instinct was to yell from on high that you have an ax to grind.

You must be a joy at PTA meetings.

Comment

Uh, seems like the futsal is folded into the $1,795 which is more than United PDX and PCU. Look, there are different ways to do this. The OP was complaining in an attempt to smear one particular club but he/she lacks facts, which is all too common on this board.

Comment

So you were uninformed, use skewed assumptions, and your first instinct was to yell from on high that you have an ax to grind.

Sister please PTA is child's play - the real cray crays come out to PPS meetings.

Comment

Which facts were incorrect? For that club the facts were correct. The fact that Other clubs were listed, doesn't mean the original statement was false, it just means there were other clubs that also do this. No where in the original statement was it claimed that this was the only club that did it.

Comment

Which facts were incorrect? For that club the facts were correct. The fact that Other clubs were listed, doesn't mean the original statement was false, it just means there were other clubs that also do this. No where in the original statement was it claimed that this was the only club that did it.
                              Literally every input into your calculation was wrong, except the $125. You would get an F for that.

The fact that you didn't consider what other clubs' are charging means you are devoid of context.

Through all of that you make a value judgment about an organization.

Comment

Literally every input into your calculation was wrong, except the $125. You would get an F for that.The fact that you didn't consider what other clubs' are charging means you are devoid of context.Through all of that you make a value judgment about an organization.
                                The club charges nothing to us if our team wants to play organized Futsal/Indoor in the winter months. As parents we decide if our children want and have an extra hour 1/2 on the weekends to do this. We prefer to find a local destination, register the team and just go play. It's simple cost effective and doesn't have the added cost of supplying a club 'paid' coach doubling or tripling the actual cost of participation for 8 games inside, it costs each of us around $55 to $75 all in. Having the kids sub off and on is the only ask of the parent from the bench. Easy stuff and it's fun.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X