Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of the top 20 players in the state only 1-2 are with thorns. Rest are playing high school. Sad but true.

Comment

I coach in the high school age group. Nobody has consolidation of the top 18 players in the state. This is over all the age groups as a whole. It’s also important to know that being on different teams is better for them. forwards from every top 5 club team team in the state in my age group has kids going to good soccer schools. Top 5 teams in the age group have a D1 forward which isn’t always the best place to be but still an indicator of development and opportunities for players. Top 5 teams in the age group can beat each other on any given day. Top 7-8 teams in this geographical area have no excuse to not play each other except for being worried someone might sort their shiz out for them.

You need good coaches who your kid can understand and can learn from. Doesn’t have to always like them but should understand why when they don’t.
      A group of players that commit generally the same as your kid does.
      The recognition of challenging trainings and improvement in games.

If you did this for 7-8 years your kid can play on a decent college team. Do this for 3-5 years and you still can play on some teams. This isn’t rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I coach in the high school age group. Nobody has consolidation of the top 18 players in the state. This is over all the age groups as a whole. It’s also important to know that being on different teams is better for them. forwards from every top 5 club team team in the state in my age group has kids going to good soccer schools. Top 5 teams in the age group have a D1 forward which isn’t always the best place to be but still an indicator of development and opportunities for players. Top 5 teams in the age group can beat each other on any given day. Top 7-8 teams in this geographical area have no excuse to not play each other except for being worried someone might sort their shiz out for them.

You need good coaches who your kid can understand and can learn from. Doesn’t have to always like them but should understand why when they don’t.
        A group of players that commit generally the same as your kid does.
        The recognition of challenging trainings and improvement in games.

If you did this for 7-8 years your kid can play on a decent college team. Do this for 3-5 years and you still can play on some teams. This isn’t rocket science.
        Sadly you can't string a coherent thought together.
        I trust you are kidding when you claim to be a coach.

Comment

Actually, he probably is a coach. That rambling is not unlike what I have heard from soccer coaches before.

Comment

Typical idiot parent. After one sentence, “I don’t understand blah blah blah”.

On the sideline, “I know best, this coach is an idiot, blah blah blah.”

I should have wrote it in crayon.

Comment

Typical idiot parent. After one sentence, “I don’t understand blah blah blah”.

On the sideline, “I know best, this coach is an idiot, blah blah blah.”

I should have wrote it in crayon.
              Not a parent or typical idiot.

It's reassuring you still have your 'go to' crayons.

Color by numbers might be a great next step for you.

Love the effort.

Comment

Not a parent or typical idiot.

It's reassuring you still have your 'go to' crayons.

Color by numbers might be a great next step for you.

Love the effort.
                Lol yes you are a typical idiot parent. You seem to know quite a bu about crayons and coloring.

Might want to stick to that instead of trying to understand soccer. No wonder you’ve been found struggling.

Comment

Lol yes you are a typical idiot parent. You seem to know quite a bu about crayons and coloring.

Might want to stick to that instead of trying to understand soccer. No wonder you’ve been found struggling.
                  With your insight and leadership skills your parent group must seem like a genius breed compared to you, Coach Crayon.

Comment

With your insight and leadership skills your parent group must seem like a genius breed compared to you, Coach Crayon.
                    Sorry, can’t hear you through all the struggles and issues that follow you around each day.

Sorry, can’t hear you through all the struggles and issues that follow you around each day.

I wrote it twice so you wouldn’t get lost.

Comment

Thanks Coach Crayon.

Comment

Supplemental try outs happening after high school?

Comment

Supplemental try outs happening after high school?
                          The DA setup is unlike the local neighborhood club model that features a traditional tryout and supplemental tryout date.

DA can drop or add players at time they like, tryouts are not a requirement. Scouting and recruitment are allowed without any push back.

It's confusing for those not in the US Soccer DA.

Comment

The DA setup is unlike the local neighborhood club model that features a traditional tryout and supplemental tryout date.

DA can drop or add players at time they like, tryouts are not a requirement. Scouting and recruitment are allowed without any push back.

Hahaha scouting and recruitment are allowed without any push back? Lol

Please tell us why the da thorns can’t seem to give away spots unless it’s the kids final year playing club for fun otherwise the teams are terrible and all the talent seems to not go there.

Serious question.

Comment

Thanks Coach Crayon.
                              Gotta be able to spell it out for the amateurs or idiot parents out there. Otherwise how would you read it?

Comment

Even more confusing since their website home page clearly states they're holding supplemental tryouts (their words) November 17. But hey don't let the printed facts from an organization's website get in the way of your gas lighting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X