Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Rec parents need to just let it go. Their kids are rec for a reason. The competitive clubs helped to build the fields. Little Nick can use the grass fields for the 2 months of the year he plays. My son had no problem finding fields when he played for Aloha Youth. Not sure why they are having so much trouble now.
    Don't forget. They are coming out with a new rec league. Rec plus!!!!! This is ludicrous. I would like to hear the logic behind this? We will now have Rec, Rec + and classic. Sound like the rec + is being organized by some person who has a grind against classic and is not capable of coaching at this level. See's OPL move away from OYSA and decides to be in on the act.
    Pathetic!!!!!

Comment

Don't forget. They are coming out with a new rec league. Rec plus!!!!! This is ludicrous. I would like to hear the logic behind this? We will now have Rec, Rec + and classic. Sound like the rec + is being organized by some person who has a grind against classic and is not capable of coaching at this level. See's OPL move away from OYSA and decides to be in on the act.
      Pathetic!!!!!
      You got to be kidding me? Rec +? I hope nobody buys into this.

Comment

You got to be kidding me? Rec +? I hope nobody buys into this.
        I thought the PML existed for all of the "Rec +" teams...

Comment

Your arrogance is appalling. All kids deserve a place to play. You don't need to put down the recreational player because they don't have the talent of your child. You have the fields locked up. Don't be so territorial. It's pathetic.

Comment

Your arrogance is appalling. All kids deserve a place to play. You don't need to put down the recreational player because they don't have the talent of your child. You have the fields locked up. Don't be so territorial. It's pathetic.
            They do have a place to play. It's called the park. Portland is full of them.

Comment

They do have a place to play. It's called the park. Portland is full of them.
              Not if WST/THUSC has control over them it seems...

Again, I will ask the question that none of you defenders seem to be willing to answer. Is it not a conflict of intereset the current scheduling crew for these fields?

Mind you, I am not even remotely affected by this it is just frustrating that some people are fine with the current situation.

Comment

THUSC and WSM should be required to have all players from within the taxing district that supplies the fields they use. Then there is no problem, using the taxing districts fields to service youth within the taxing district. If they don't want to do that, then they can fall in line for field usage like all of the others and lose their priviledges/priority. Simple as that.

Comment

Not if WST/THUSC has control over them it seems...

Again, I will ask the question that none of you defenders seem to be willing to answer. Is it not a conflict of intereset the current scheduling crew for these fields?

Mind you, I am not even remotely affected by this it is just frustrating that some people are fine with the current situation.
                  You seen to be ignoring the fact that there are contracts in place. Contracts. Why do you keep ignoring this. Two separate clubs have contracts in place, too. Not just one, two.

There are grass parks around the city where rec players can play. Those don't have any contracts covering them.

Comment

THUSC and WSM should be required to have all players from within the taxing district that supplies the fields they use. Then there is no problem, using the taxing districts fields to service youth within the taxing district. If they don't want to do that, then they can fall in line for field usage like all of the others and lose their priviledges/priority. Simple as that.
                    Oh, Ok, then all public areas outside of where you live are off limits to you since you don't pay taxes there. Unless your tax dollars are paying for something, then you can't use it.

Comment

You seen to be ignoring the fact that there are contracts in place. Contracts. Why do you keep ignoring this. Two separate clubs have contracts in place, too. Not just one, two.

There are grass parks around the city where rec players can play. Those don't have any contracts covering them.
                      Contrary to what the WST and THPRD folks say, the contracts are renegotiable. they are not simply 10 year contracts.

Since Bill Kanabel is on the THPRD and WST boards, it was not in his or THPRDS interesest to let people know. THAT is wrong.

Comment

No.

Contrary to what the WST and THPRD folks say, the contracts are renegotiable. they are not simply 10 year contracts.

Since Bill Kanabel is on the THPRD and WST boards, it was not in his or THPRDS interesest to let people know. THAT is wrong.
                        They are not renegotiable unless both parties agree to renegotiate. Where did you learn contract law, the FAUX Knews channel?

Comment

Dear Dingle Dork

I hate to bust your dumb ass bubble but its quite obvious you have...

A) Not read the "contracts" as they don't cover all the turf fields only Field 1 and 2 at the HMT Complex

B)The "contract" for one of those fields ENDS this year (but have no fear THPRD is working hard to try and find a way to justify another give-away to the WSM)

And if you had read it you'd see that at best its not so much a contract as a rental agreement/giveaway to one club in particular... While we're here lets just kill the "WSM put money in to build the fields" BS Again read the contract they put in NOTHING they signed a backroom/midnight rental agreement.

Lets see Kanable's kids play for ???

Bonus points to the first one who comes up with the correct answer...

Who else on the THPRD Board, or in THPRD mgmt has kids in the WSM?

And he's on the THPRD Board and he is the fields coordinator. There is absolutely no way he has a conflict of interest... Must be a "Media-Fed/Created" controversy

Comment

Consider.

Every child has talent. It's up the child with assistance from the parents to develop this talent to the fullest. Playing soccer part-time is great, but its not high level soccer. Put in the time, effort, and money to develop, and you will be entitled to equal treatment. Last time I wanted Air Force One to pick me up at PDX, I was told that I had to put in the time, effort and money to become the President and then they would consider it. Until then, it's not fair. By the way, my kids can't use the grade, middle or high school fields, either. And I assure you, I pay enough property taxes to the Beaverton School District.

Comment

Dear Assface

I hate to bust your dumb ass bubble but its quite obvious you have...

A) Not read the "contracts" as they don't cover all the turf fields only Field 1 and 2 at the HMT Complex

B)The "contract" for one of those fields ENDS this year (but have no fear THPRD is working hard to try and find a way to justify another give-away to the WSM)

And if you had read it you'd see that at best its not so much a contract as a rental agreement/giveaway to one club in particular... While we're here lets just kill the "WSM put money in to build the fields" BS Again read the contract they put in NOTHING they signed a backroom/midnight rental agreement.

Lets see Kanable's kids play for ???

Bonus points to the first one who comes up with the correct answer...

Who else on the THPRD Board, or in THPRD mgmt has kids in the WSM?

And he's on the THPRD Board and he is the fields coordinator. There is absolutely no way he has a conflict of interest... Must be a "Media-Fed/Created" controversy
                              "Through decade-long contracts, Westside and Tualatin Hills United locked up the rights to use or designate the "soccer-playing" time on synthetic fields. They pay $7 per hour for the fields, which is the same rate other teams pay on the rare occasions they get to play on the synthetic turf."

Synthetic being the key word you don't understand. Go take your rec player and find a strip of grass. That's all you will need since he won't be playing soccer past the age of 10 when he discovers the skateboard parks.

Comment

I think we need to be adults and support all kids in their love of the game. I just don't like putting kids down because they are rec. Sometimes the kids don't have a choice. That doesn't mean they don't work hard. That's what I mean by arrogance.

One of the best boys in our area is a foster kid. Natural athlete, hard worker, extremely coachable. But he'll never get a chance to play with the club kids because his life just doesn't provide him with those opportunities.

Keep in mind that all kids are the same. It's the adults in their lives that provide the opportunities.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X