Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's an observation. The USSF have called for changes, not me. 'I don't have a dog in this fight', as they say, but clearly as an ECNL parent you are threatened and worried about your DD's future at the top level. Sorry about that!
    I wanted to see the OPL succeed, but it didn't. I'd like to see the ECNL and DA do well but clearly one will become top tier, the other will fade away. With federation backing, clearly the DA is in the strongest position at the moment. I know this will bend some parents out of shape, but that's how it looks to many people who have been around the game for a while.
    I am an ECNL parent and contrary to your assertion, I'm not worried at all. We will continue to do it as long as it exists and my DD enjoys it (until graduation of course). It's
    An option we choose to do. Not here to advocate for ECNL. I've said it on prior posts, ECNL is not for everyone. I called into question your leap that somehow the recent stumbles of USWNT can somehow be attributed to ECNL.

In light of the recent losses, I get the USSF maybe calling for some review or reflection, but did they actually and specifically point to or even remotely refer to ECNL? If not, then how did you make that leap, especially if you don't have a dog in the fight? I'm a little dubious with your claim. It's just another anti ECNL volley.

Comment

No one gets cut from Ecnl in Oregon. Seriously. You deny facts with lies.

Typical Ecnl idiot
      You're a true hardcore liar or delusional. Either way, you're wrong. With your logic each ECNL rosters would be 40-50 players deep, the general amount at tryouts. Silly rabbit.

Comment

You're a true hardcore liar or delusional. Either way, you're wrong. With your logic each ECNL rosters would be 40-50 players deep, the general amount at tryouts. Silly rabbit.
        My dd attended the FC Portland tryout and there were only 23 girls there. We ended up going with Crossfire but FC only has 20 on the roster.. so cut two? Crossfire had a much bigger turnout.

Comment

My dd attended the FC Portland tryout and there were only 23 girls there. We ended up going with Crossfire but FC only has 20 on the roster.. so cut two? Crossfire had a much bigger turnout.
          But, but, but I thought no one got cut in Oregon ECNL?

Comment

And you know?

The USSF doesn't have the faintest clue about anything. Do you really think that those clowns truly know the one and only best way to develop soccer players? Give me a break. This whole GDA charade is a complete debacle. Too bad it will cause way more damage than necessary before it finally dies.
            'Soccer Dad' knows better, huh?

Comment

No one gets cut from Ecnl in Oregon. Seriously. You deny facts with lies.

Typical Ecnl idiot
              Not true. Thorns Academy is FULL of girls that were cut from ECNL teams.

Comment

'Soccer Dad' knows better, huh?
                No, but I'm sure that the USSF "gods" don't know the "one best way" either. GDA is all about control and money and nothing about player development. Just watch.

Comment

So for your age group there 23 (or so) at FC. You chose CU v FC. How many at tryouts at CU? How many cut? If none, than CU was right choice for you.

Comment

So for your age group there 23 (or so) at FC. You chose CU v FC. How many at tryouts at CU? How many cut? If none, than CU was right choice for you.
                    At least 35 at 01 CU tryouts. At least 60 at 02 tryouts. Hard to count when there are that many running around.

Comment

At least 35 at 01 CU tryouts. At least 60 at 02 tryouts. Hard to count when there are that many running around.
                      60 on a 02 roster is a lot since no one gets cut from ECNL.

Comment

60 on a 02 roster is a lot since no one gets cut from ECNL.
                        21 rostered, genius. Which is four less than Thorns academy rostered. But by all means continue with your rhetoric about bloated ECNL rosters. There might be 1-2 people left in Oregon who believe you.

Comment

Thanks Dad!

No, but I'm sure that the USSF "gods" don't know the "one best way" either. GDA is all about control and money and nothing about player development. Just watch.
                          Your vast knowledge of soccer is impressive!

Comment

21 rostered, genius. Which is four less than Thorns academy rostered. But by all means continue with your rhetoric about bloated ECNL rosters. There might be 1-2 people left in Oregon who believe you.
                            My apologies, I may not have been clear:

I was sarcastically responding to the genius who blatantly claimed no one gets cut from ECNL teams in Oregon.

Comment

My apologies, I may not have been clear:

I was sarcastically responding to the genius who blatantly claimed no one gets cut from ECNL teams in Oregon.
                              You can't count your B and C teams that are getting destroyed in state too.

I'm talking about actual talent. No one is going to tryout anymore because they don't believe the lies.

Comment

If Thorns Academy has 25, what happens to the 7 that can't play on game days? Do they rotate not playing? If they ever play challenging teams do the 18 play equal minutes since Academy is only for development, not for winning?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X