Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Oregon's ECNL teams end up such a mess?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Oregon's ECNL teams end up such a mess?

Since this forum asks for the tough questions, why are the Oregon ECNL teams so bad?

Good question! They are awful!

Comment

Answers:

1- Diluted player Pool
      2- Too expensive for some top players
      3- bad coaches
      4- Crossfire and a FC Portland as clubs do a lousy job of player development from u7-u13 so families don't trust coaches at either of those clubs not to stagnate players that are developed and coming in from other clubs.

Comment

Poor talent level in Oregon! Simple! Next!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Since this forum asks for the tough questions, why are the Oregon ECNL teams so bad?
          But man they are winning the recruiting battle

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

Another thread on this topic? Lol. Yaaawn. This beaten horse has long been buried. No new ideas here, please refer to previous threads. We get it. ECNL is not for you. Great! It's not for everyone.

Comment

Another thread on this topic? Lol. Yaaawn. This beaten horse has long been buried. No new ideas here, please refer to previous threads. We get it. ECNL is not for you. Great! It's not for everyone.
              It's called diversion. Lots of conversation on this board about the Portland Thorns Sandbag Academy and their parental bragging about beating B teams and playing in low brackets in Vegas. So the Thorns excuse makers are out in full force trying to change the narrative. The irony is the biggest complaining and mocking about Thorns academy isn't coming from the ECNL teams. It's coming from the TA clubs (including mine) who outraged that Thorns academy is using our fees to underwrite teams of so called superstars and them putting them back in our own leagues to whoop on their former teams. Totally low class moves from day one by the academy leaders. We have friends on ECNL teams. They don't care one bit about the Thorns Cluster***k. But part of the propaganda going out to those sucker Thorns parents is that the ECNL teams are scared of you. Hence this thread.

Comment

It's called diversion. Lots of conversation on this board about the Portland Thorns Sandbag Academy and their parental bragging about beating B teams and playing in low brackets in Vegas. So the Thorns excuse makers are out in full force trying to change the narrative. The irony is the biggest complaining and mocking about Thorns academy isn't coming from the ECNL teams. It's coming from the TA clubs (including mine) who outraged that Thorns academy is using our fees to underwrite teams of so called superstars and them putting them back in our own leagues to whoop on their former teams. Totally low class moves from day one by the academy leaders. We have friends on ECNL teams. They don't care one bit about the Thorns Cluster***k. But part of the propaganda going out to those sucker Thorns parents is that the ECNL teams are scared of you. Hence this thread.
                Says an ECNL parent in a poor disguise! Ha ha!

Comment

Results speak for themselves

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague....est-schedules/

Comment

Nope. I'm a Salem parent and we are pi**ed off. I hear about it at every league game I've attended this year. But keep believing your propaganda.

Comment

Not OP; at independent club. Think way Thorns was run this year was BS. Timbers treat OYSA like their play thing.

I don't think OYSA can keep this thing together on its current path.

Comment

TA parent from Eugene and we think thorns academy is the biggest scam in the history of youth soccer. Our coach and DOC agree.

Comment

I'm the OP you responded to and agree you may be onto something. I am an ECNL parent and I haven't given a second of thought about the TA since we left. Btw, I'm not here to push or advocate for the ECNL. It works for my DD, but it's not for everyone and that's perfectly fine.

At the end of the day, We are consumers. We all have a choice in how and where we spend our money to support our kids.

Comment

Answers:

1- Diluted player Pool
                            3- bad coaches
                            4- Crossfire and a FC Portland as clubs do a lousy job of player development from u7-u13 so families don't trust coaches at either of those clubs not to stagnate players that are developed and coming in from other clubs.
                            1 - 90%+ of the top players in the state are at the ECNL clubs
                            2 - no more expensive than playing on an OYSA team that travels to tournaments. May be too far to drive for some that don't live in the Portland metro area
                            3 - Best coaching line ups in the state - show me 1 club that has a better line up
                            4 - If they are so bad at player development why do all of the top athletes at the TA clubs move to Xfire or FCP at U13/14? It's because they don't get any development at the TA clubs. And bootball thugball isn't development.

Comment

Answers:

1- Diluted player Pool
                              3- bad coaches
                              1. It's very hard to get the best players to shell out the money when they don't have to.
                              2. Yes it's very expensive like a lot of things in life. Deal with it.
                              3. The coaches are not that bad.
                              4. Development is done at a lot of clubs and if you can recruit those players, why worry about the hassle of the younger ages?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X