Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SUSA is still a mess in many areas

But the released picture/details of the new facility they intend on building is impressive.

It's on the front page of their web-site.

Same picture from Newsday article years ago. SUSA will hang themselves with the embedded costs. They want $3400 per player before expenses at the clubs they work through today. That will only go up.

Comment

Smart of them to drop the huge indoor facility from the plan. That will save a lot.

Comment

SUSA is da bomb! The parents make every other soccer parent look like an idiot, they all know the game, respect refs and never scream at their children. The coaches and trainers are the best on the planet. As a group they show everyone how to act. It's worth the $4500 (plus a ton of unexpected expenses) a year to be around them. The greatness oozes from their skin and we all absorb it through osmosis, you should give it a try. Or is your wallet too small?

Comment

That project was downgraded a lot. The stadium will be built last if they decide to go down the road of the Cosmos and start a non-MLS team that will draw a few hundred per game in CI.

Was supposed to have full size indoor Complex.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/t...play-1.4756828

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
            susa is da bomb! The parents make every other soccer parent look like an idiot, they all know the game, respect refs and never scream at their children. The coaches and trainers are the best on the planet. As a group they show everyone how to act. It's worth the $4500 (plus a ton of unexpected expenses) a year to be around them. The greatness oozes from their skin and we all absorb it through osmosis, you should give it a try. Or is your wallet too small?
            $4500?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              That project was downgraded a lot. The stadium will be built last if they decide to go down the road of the Cosmos and start a non-MLS team that will draw a few hundred per game in CI.

Was supposed to have full size indoor Complex.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/t...play-1.4756828
              They could still bubble up a couple of the fields every winter.

Comment

They could still bubble up a couple of the fields every winter.
                I agree also. Old plan was too ambitious for what you can charge. I know for a middle of the road team in a local club they asked for $3400 per player before expenses. That's not a misprint. The coach is a dad with a USSF B license and told them to take a walk. And for them it's not about the money, it's about what you get for that much.

Comment

I agree also. Old plan was too ambitious for what you can charge. I know for a middle of the road team in a local club they asked for $3400 per player before expenses. That's not a misprint. The coach is a dad with a USSF B license and told them to take a walk. And for them it's not about the money, it's about what you get for that much.
                  I think it's $2500 before extras but yes, realistically the number is going to be somewhere between $3000 and $4000 even for the lower teams after you add in other costs. In some cases the training may still be worth it but it's pretty funny when my players who are paying roughly $600 a year all-in each beat their $4000 a year players.

Comment

I think it's $2500 before extras but yes, realistically the number is going to be somewhere between $3000 and $4000 even for the lower teams after you add in other costs. In some cases the training may still be worth it but it's pretty funny when my players who are paying roughly $600 a year all-in each beat their $4000 a year players.
                    That's crazy ... that's DAP or ECNL pricing for lower level training

Comment

That's crazy ... that's DAP or ECNL pricing for lower level training
                      Maybe these parents don't want to be in leagues where they have to travel all over creation for kid soccer games.

Comment

Maybe these parents don't want to be in leagues where they have to travel all over creation for kid soccer games.
                        Then they shouldn't be at SUSA

If they really don't want to travel, there's nothing wrong with that, but don't spend $3000 on your kids soccer. They are better and cheaper options in every community that would limit travel

Comment

Then they shouldn't be at SUSA

If they really don't want to travel, there's nothing wrong with that, but don't spend $3000 on your kids soccer. They are better and cheaper options in every community that would limit travel
                          Time for SUSA to call Alby/Fury or EM. Makes a lot of sense for all.

Comment

Call them for what? To offer fields?

Comment

Call them for what? To offer fields?
                              I'm sure for GDA and/or ECNL.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X