Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone is quite defensive and likes to deflect. Must have a daughter on that CU U17 team. 33 goals against? Sheesh. $10,000 a year for weekly beatdowns. Who coaches that disaster? Will anyone actually claim they them?
    Why all the hate?

It is just 16 year old girls playing soccer?

Comment

Why all the hate?

I could'a been a contender!
      But I wasn't, so I'll live vicariously through my daughter and ferociously defend her honor as if I were on the pitch myself!

Comment

I could'a been a contender!
        But I wasn't, so I'll live vicariously through my daughter and ferociously defend her honor as if I were on the pitch myself!
        Uhh not at Crossfire, but dads should stick up for their daughters, especially when *******s take swipes.

Comment

Someone is quite defensive and likes to deflect. Must have a daughter on that CU U17 team. 33 goals against? Sheesh. $10,000 a year for weekly beatdowns. Who coaches that disaster? Will anyone actually claim they them?
          No reason for older HS players to do ECNL or Thorns Academy. Some do it anyway but not the majority so the older ECNL & Academy teams understandably don't do as well. Still a viable option for some so why the hatred? Do what is best for your family and don't begrudge others.

Comment

Why all the hate?

Oh, so when it's showing how pathetic ECNL teams are, you are whinging and crying. But all the threads bashing the Thorns are just A O K with you. Hypocrite much? Sure hope these daughters of yours are not the sniveling whiners like you parents are.

Comment

When is CU just going to turn their ECNL membership in and apologize for wasting all the other team's time? Those poor teams that have to fly up to Portland for a couple of games are wasting money. At least FCP will give them a fight. CU just rolls over.

Comment

When is CU just going to turn their ECNL membership in and apologize for wasting all the other team's time? Those poor teams that have to fly up to Portland for a couple of games are wasting money. At least FCP will give them a fight. CU just rolls over.
                Fcp isn't giving much of a fight in most of their ages. It looks like a waste considering they don't have a choice and have to play teams that are bad that are a waste of their money and time along with teams they don't stand a chance against. When you carry overloaded rosters their isn't much time of what good time they have.

Comment

Fcp isn't giving much of a fight in most of their ages. It looks like a waste considering they don't have a choice and have to play teams that are bad that are a waste of their money and time along with teams they don't stand a chance against. When you carry overloaded rosters their isn't much time of what good time they have.
                  Yawn..yada yada yada yada. Funny how ECNL haters are so altruistic and worried about the wasted money and time teams spend to play CU and FC. we get it, ECNL is not for you.

Comment

Oh, so when it's showing how pathetic ECNL teams are, you are whinging and crying. But all the threads bashing the Thorns are just A O K with you. Hypocrite much? Sure hope these daughters of yours are not the sniveling whiners like you parents are.
                    I never said anything about the Thorns. We have a family friend who switched from ECNL to Thorns and is doing great. The Thorns bashing is pretty stupid as well.

Comment

It's so funny how Ecnl was spouted as the next best thing and now you have people getting screwed and entire age groups suffering because people are realizing how bad it actually is.

Comment

It's so funny how Ecnl was spouted as the next best thing and now you have people getting screwed and entire age groups suffering because people are realizing how bad it actually is.
                        Really Screwed?? I guess if you call getting your college education paid for! And please don't come back with it cost you $6k a year!!! It doesn't - please please stay with the thorns! That is where you belong.

Comment

Oddly enough you sound like the whiner.

Comment

Really Screwed?? I guess if you call getting your college education paid for! And please don't come back with it cost you $6k a year!!! It doesn't - please please stay with the thorns! That is where you belong.
                            If you knew anything you'd realize that majority of the kids aren't getting more then 3k a year to play at local schools they could have probably achieved higher without paying 10k a year.

Comment

If you knew anything you'd realize that majority of the kids aren't getting more then 3k a year to play at local schools they could have probably achieved higher without paying 10k a year.
                              We know a top player going local Pac12 for basically no money. The player & parents are happy for the chance to play Pac12 and stay local. A rare accomplishment but don't be fooled into thinking Oregon players are getting considerable money to play in college, especially Pac12. Play soccer for the love of the game and know that most of the thousands of youth soccer dollars are simply gone. Realize that going in and totally unrealistic expectations won't harm you in the end.

Comment

My DD lives for soccer, so I drive her there, pick her up, and pay for it all. She's my daughter. It's what we do.

If you choose to spend your money in a different way, that is fine too. If she gets a soccer scholarship - great. If she doesn't, it's OK. They're not investments, they're children. I'm not looking for ROI. I'm looking for happy, healthy, well adjusted human beings.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X