• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why aren't the scores posting?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Why aren't the scores posting?
      They are showing online if you go to the OYSA webpage and look at each team individually. Appears to be a problem with the app and the overall schedule/results pages.

Comment

Where is the rest of the schedule?

Comment

According to the referee director/manager/scheduler, March schedules should be up this weekend - but maybe they'll just be visible to him? Which makes it complicated for players to apply for those games.

Comment

According to the referee director/manager/scheduler, March schedules should be up this weekend - but maybe they'll just be visible to him? Which makes it complicated for players to apply for those games.
            We need the rest of February's schedule too.

Do you know how they determine which team you play 2x (in a 10 team pool for example)? Since it effects State Cup seeding, do they just throw out that 2nd time you play a team? Or do they try to seed off of 1st half of games to ensure top teams don't have to play one another 2x? Do they put names in a hat? Geographically?

Biggest question: why don't they make the pool sizes such that you play everyone else 2x - once home & once away? Isn't that how leagues are normally set up?

Comment

Do you know how they determine which team you play 2x (in a 10 team pool for example)? Since it effects State Cup seeding, do they just throw out that 2nd time you play a team? Or do they try to seed off of 1st half of games to ensure top teams don't have to play one another 2x? Do they put names in a hat? Geographically?

Biggest question: why don't they make the pool sizes such that you play everyone else 2x - once home & once away? Isn't that how leagues are normally set up?
              Welcome to the world of youth soccer run by the Timbers/OYSA monopoly. No one cares about fairness or your concerns or convenience. Just shut up and write a check.

Comment

Welcome to the world of youth soccer run by the Timbers/OYSA monopoly. No one cares about fairness or your concerns or convenience. Just shut up and write a check.
                I realize OYSA/Timbers doesn't care, but they must have some method of deciding which teams play 2x and which won't. Anyone know how it's decided? Alphabetically? Randomly? Based on field availability? There must be something. They must decide somehow? Even if it's random.

The method should be included in their league rules.

Comment

the pool sizes are determined by the DOCs, you might ask them why they decide what they decide, but usually it's to make somewhat equally sized pools. so if there are 33 teams, they might do 3 groups of 11. which would cause scheduling issues, which is why it would then be changed based on a number of factors, primarily field availability would be the first one. so, a club like mine that has access to a field and told OYSA any schedule you want, you got. we get more home games that we probably should, but hey, we gotta play somewhere, right?

then, another part of the answer is, there are only about 5-8 good teams, so that premier division will have about 5-4 filler teams, so it's like "why would i want my team to get shellacked?" being involved with one of these OK teams it's like, "hey were decent, but we might get killed if we play the actually 1-4 best teams in the state." We might not, but the chances of that are pretty darn good, we're in the middle of the 2nd div at the moment.

after that it's basically random because spring soccer doesn't really matter, it's all about getting practice (game competition/game-like situations) for the state cup.

oh, and also if you ask your DOC they're not actually going to give you an answer to your satisfaction, so there's a good change they'll basically say "idk." but they'll say it in that Kellyanne/Spicer/Presidente way where they're talking and talking and talking, but they don't say much.

*sure, apply that to this answer if you want.

Comment

the pool sizes are determined by the DOCs, you might ask them why they decide what they decide, but usually it's to make somewhat equally sized pools. so if there are 33 teams, they might do 3 groups of 11. which would cause scheduling issues, which is why it would then be changed based on a number of factors, primarily field availability would be the first one. so, a club like mine that has access to a field and told OYSA any schedule you want, you got. we get more home games that we probably should, but hey, we gotta play somewhere, right?

then, another part of the answer is, there are only about 5-8 good teams, so that premier division will have about 5-4 filler teams, so it's like "why would i want my team to get shellacked?" being involved with one of these OK teams it's like, "hey were decent, but we might get killed if we play the actually 1-4 best teams in the state." We might not, but the chances of that are pretty darn good, we're in the middle of the 2nd div at the moment.

after that it's basically random because spring soccer doesn't really matter, it's all about getting practice (game competition/game-like situations) for the state cup.

oh, and also if you ask your DOC they're not actually going to give you an answer to your satisfaction, so there's a good change they'll basically say "idk." but they'll say it in that Kellyanne/Spicer/Presidente way where they're talking and talking and talking, but they don't say much.

*sure, apply that to this answer if you want.
                    Thank you. Asking about Winter League, the only club season for high schoolers. I would argue (on deaf ears) that Winter league matters & not just for seeding purposes. I would also argue (again on deaf ears) that at least the premier group should have pools the size that teams could play everyone 2x, one home & one away. It's the same number of total games so would need the same number of field availability, refs, etc. Competition would also be much more evenly matched for better matches. Only downside is teams/clubs getting mad if their team isn't in Premier or top Premier division.

Comment

Thank you. Asking about Winter League, the only club season for high schoolers. I would argue (on deaf ears) that Winter league matters & not just for seeding purposes. I would also argue (again on deaf ears) that at least the premier group should have pools the size that teams could play everyone 2x, one home & one away. It's the same number of total games so would need the same number of field availability, refs, etc. Competition would also be much more evenly matched for better matches. Only downside is teams/clubs getting mad if their team isn't in Premier or top Premier division.
                      Well start your own league and run it the way you want then. Honestly, this is kids playing low level OYSA soccer. No scholarships will be handed out. And as far as state cup seeding, if you can't beat all comers you don't deserve to win and represent Oregon at regionals.

Comment

And as long as I'm on a roll pointing out your ridiculousness, it is obvious that the league plays teams against each other twice based on geographic consideratuons. Medford plays twice against Bend or Eugene. Vantucky plays twice against Eastside. Which is how every parent wants it. So get over yourself and find something else to get fired up about.

Comment

Despite any short comings, OPL was set up more along these lines and with promotion & relegation. Made much more sense.

Comment

i was replying to winter league. the other one is called spring league.

Comment

Despite any short comings, OPL was set up more along these lines and with promotion & relegation. Made much more sense.
                              oysa is setup the exact same way. with promotion & relegation. and it's the exact same clubs involved, the exact same DOCs. only diff is more of the teams involved at the older ages are diverse.

Comment

I don't think the relegation process could work the same this year due to birth year changes, because as everyone knows, all teams have changed significantly since last year.

I do however think seeding is important. It's best to break up the strongest teams so we don't end up with top teams battled nag it out in quarter finals, while weaker teams squeak by to semis (although it usually happens somewhere);

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X