Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BSC gets home turf field advantage. I'm wagering BSC wins on Saturday.
    So little old BSC has access to a turf field with legit goals but high and mighty Westside (the apparent destination of choice according to mouthpiece) only has powerlines and a field with pop up goals? What's complete joke..

Comment

WT won't change. The turf will allow BSC to pass circles around WT. The long, wet grass will make it easier for WT to kick and chase.

Comment

Heh. We should have the game at Powerlines 1, so we can have BOTH the popup goals and the high-voltage dog park. Cool. :)

(On a serious note--it will be nice to be playing 11v11 next year--THPRD has good full-size facilities, but their small-sided games leaves much to be desired, especially if you are talking turf).

Wouldn't surprise me, actually, if the game does move.

Comment

Predictions for Saturday.

FC 5, Bend 0. Navy should have no trouble against the team from Bend.
          Crossfire 3, ADF 0. (Sounds like ADF is falling apart, if the rumor of a large number of no-shows last weekend is true).
          CFC 2, 4H 1. Hard game to pick, because they never faced each other in league play.
          Copa 5, BSC 2. BSC might this more interesting if the game moves to a turf field (Copa will have a bigger advantage on grass), but the way to beat BSC is simple: press them in the back and pass the stinking ball. BSC is quite good at intense ball pressure; and overdribbling against them will get you killed--but like a football team that blitzes all the time, they leave large areas of the field open and exposed. Copa has enough speed on defense to withstand BSC's intense counters.

Comment

Crossfire 3, ADF 0. (Sounds like ADF is falling apart, if the rumor of a large number of no-shows last weekend is true).
            CFC 2, 4H 1. Hard game to pick, because they never faced each other in league play.
            Copa 5, BSC 2. BSC might this more interesting if the game moves to a turf field (Copa will have a bigger advantage on grass), but the way to beat BSC is simple: press them in the back and pass the stinking ball. BSC is quite good at intense ball pressure; and overdribbling against them will get you killed--but like a football team that blitzes all the time, they leave large areas of the field open and exposed. Copa has enough speed on defense to withstand BSC's intense counters.
            Might want to check your source. ADF had a full roster last weekend. Actually added a new player two weeks ago.

Comment

Easy to beat BSC by playing with speed and aggression and then shutting down the center mid that plays DA. He's good.

Comment

Heh. We should have the game at Powerlines 1, so we can have BOTH the popup goals and the high-voltage dog park. Cool. :)

(On a serious note--it will be nice to be playing 11v11 next year--THPRD has good full-size facilities, but their small-sided games leaves much to be desired, especially if you are talking turf).

Wouldn't surprise me, actually, if the game does move.
                Westside actually is in control of what fields they play on. Spend a little money and build some fasciitis as the premier club in Oregon. Call wa Timbers or crossfire or FC if you need help with how to do that...

Comment

Westside actually is in control of what fields they play on. Spend a little money and build some fasciitis as the premier club in Oregon. Call wa Timbers or crossfire or FC if you need help with how to do that...
                  This!!

Comment

Might want to check your source. ADF had a full roster last weekend. Actually added a new player two weeks ago.
                    Source was a commenter here; obviously not a very reliable one. But still, ADF did a faceplant last weekend, and almost found themselves out of the tournament. Snuck into the quarterfinals the way Mexico snuck into the 2014 World Cup.

Comment

Source was a commenter here; obviously not a very reliable one. But still, ADF did a faceplant last weekend, and almost found themselves out of the tournament. Snuck into the quarterfinals the way Mexico snuck into the 2014 World Cup.
                      Are you talking about A Dumpster Fire.

Comment

What is the source of your issues? So bitter. Why?

Comment

Easy to beat BSC by playing with speed and aggression and then shutting down the center mid that plays DA. He's good.
                          This, of course, is the wildcard--I haven't seen them play with their DA players.

What I have seen of BSC is they are well-suited to beating bootball teams. They also can beat passing teams that lack speed. They have problems against teams that know how to pass the ball, and who have enough defensive speed to man-mark their forwards and run down their counter-attacks. Copa is an excellent passing team, and along with FC has the best back line in Oregon. And probably the best center mid in the state, or at least one of the top three.

Again--should be interesting.

Comment

How do you add players during statecup? Only way is to have players play under false names at this point which would not surprise me.

Comment

How do you add players during statecup? Only way is to have players play under false names at this point which would not surprise me.
                              He was with the team since late February. Meant two months not two weeks.

Comment

This, of course, is the wildcard--I haven't seen them play with their DA players.

What I have seen of BSC is they are well-suited to beating bootball teams. They also can beat passing teams that lack speed. They have problems against teams that know how to pass the ball, and who have enough defensive speed to man-mark their forwards and run down their counter-attacks. Copa is an excellent passing team, and along with FC has the best back line in Oregon. And probably the best center mid in the state, or at least one of the top three.

Again--should be interesting.
                                Best center mid?!?? Interested in who you think is the third if that is your evaluation? Based on my observations of those teams games. I can think of 3 or 4 center mids that are better than either the Westside or FC midfield...those teams are made by their outside wings and in the case of fc their goalie not the middle....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X