Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OCYS is struggling this year. They will do better next year. One club doesn't make a league, so quit making generalizations based on a club whose merger didn't work out and is now struggling to pick up the pieces. I have no doubt that over the next couple of years, they will.
    Gosh I hope all the rising u16s are okay with waiting a couple years for the English to get their act together.

Comment

Your ant ECNL bias is showing

Gosh I hope all the rising u16s are okay with waiting a couple years for the English to get their act together.
      What you don't get is that it's not about the team, it's about showcasing the players. Just as you say, college coaches will find the non ECNL player, which I completely agree with. But, the college coaches will also venture across the complex to watch a player who isn't on a top team. League games are about the competition. Showcases are about the players. Coaches come to watch the players not the team. They aren't recruiting a team. So they will find the player at the showcase. Sorry you can't grasp that.

I have no problem withmy child's decision to play ECNL. You seem to spend a lot of time criticizing ECNL. Perhaps you are justifying your decision. I don't know since I don't know you. But, there is plenty of room in this world for more than one soccer league. Choose the one that works for you and go with that.

Comment

Here's what you and the VAST MAJORITY of parents and players misunderstand: getting recruited by a D1 soccer program is NOT a function of "being discovered" among 100s of players, and it's not a random event.

A college coach seeing a player at a showcase (or anywhere) and watching that player with interest and consideration for recruiting is 90% of the time a PLANNED ENCOUNTER, pre-arranged between the player and coach or by the club.

I know what you're being told at your club. I've been there and been to the meetings. There are no magic carpet rides. While ECNL can be a good tool in the journey, "exposure" is a small fraction of what it takes for success. Too many have been sold on the idea that "exposure" is all it takes. That's fantasy.
        Funny, we go to showcases, colleges see her play, they send emails saying they've seen her play please come to a clinic, or please fill out our questionnaire, many of these schools are on her list, she calls them and sends letters they talk...we track who's seen her play, some schools have seen her play 12 times this year and she's not a recruit they are tracking, what do you think would happen if she called them. Yeah we've seen you play, no we are not interested, or yes, we like you, you are on our list, we didn't know you were interested. You live in a fantasy land.

Comment

Only a small part of the puzzle. And thanks for making my point further. In my original post#218 I said OCYS "is not too different then other clubs"... They ALL DO IT. Some more overtly than others.

Learn about the recruiting process outside your club and you will learn a lot more.
          And thanks for helping me point out the hypocrisy of those at FKK who criticize OCYS and other ECNL clubs for promising exposure, when their club does the same thing.

Comment

Brandon is breaking up with WFF

News...Brandon(BAYSL) is breaking up with WFF

Comment

What you don't get is that it's not about the team, it's about showcasing the players. Just as you say, college coaches will find the non ECNL player, which I completely agree with. But, the college coaches will also venture across the complex to watch a player who isn't on a top team. League games are about the competition. Showcases are about the players. Coaches come to watch the players not the team. They aren't recruiting a team. So they will find the player at the showcase. Sorry you can't grasp that.

I have no problem withmy child's decision to play ECNL. You seem to spend a lot of time criticizing ECNL. Perhaps you are justifying your decision. I don't know since I don't know you. But, there is plenty of room in this world for more than one soccer league. Choose the one that works for you and go with that.
              Don't pay him any mind. More crap from the FKK and OC threads bleeding over here because he saw "ECNL" and had to come pee on it. They had it, got smacked around the SE Conference and decided to take their ball and go back to FYSA. No problem right? Clearly within their right? Then why do these chuckleheads have to run everything down regarding ECNL? They are a bitter bunch, that is why.

Comment

Here's what you and the VAST MAJORITY of parents and players misunderstand: getting recruited by a D1 soccer program is NOT a function of "being discovered" among 100s of players, and it's not a random event.

A college coach seeing a player at a showcase (or anywhere) and watching that player with interest and consideration for recruiting is 90% of the time a PLANNED ENCOUNTER, pre-arranged between the player and coach or by the club.

I know what you're being told at your club. I've been there and been to the meetings. There are no magic carpet rides. While ECNL can be a good tool in the journey, "exposure" is a small fraction of what it takes for success. Too many have been sold on the idea that "exposure" is all it takes. That's fantasy.
                This describes the pre-ECNL model. Our ECNL experience includes this traditional women's soccer recruiting and being contacted by several interested schools in the weeks following events.

Comment

Don't pay him any mind. More crap from the FKK and OC threads bleeding over here because he saw "ECNL" and had to come pee on it. They had it, got smacked around the SE Conference and decided to take their ball and go back to FYSA. No problem right? Clearly within their right? Then why do these chuckleheads have to run everything down regarding ECNL? They are a bitter bunch, that is why.
                  You're paranoid. Believe me, if you think the only local club that thinks OCYS is a poorly run corporate bully, you've got your head in the sand.

http://centralfloridayouthsoccercoal...m/Welcome.html

Comment

Okay

You're paranoid. Believe me, if you think the only local club that thinks OCYS is a poorly run corporate bully, you've got your head in the sand.

http://centralfloridayouthsoccercoal...m/Welcome.html
                    If you got that OCYS is a poorly run corporate bully from that then you must have a key to code. But, those of us who are ready to see the feud between FKK and OCYS end, don't automatically see the message you do.

After all of this time, why can't FKK and OCYS just put it behind them? A merger was tried, and it didn't work. Maybe it was OCYS's fault it didn't work. Maybe FKK was completely innocent in the unraveling of the merger. But, it's been a year. Move on. It's so hard to have a discussion without the FKK/OCYS fight bleeding in.

Comment

Funny, we go to showcases, colleges see her play, they send emails saying they've seen her play please come to a clinic, or please fill out our questionnaire, many of these schools are on her list, she calls them and sends letters they talk...we track who's seen her play, some schools have seen her play 12 times this year and she's not a recruit they are tracking, what do you think would happen if she called them. Yeah we've seen you play, no we are not interested, or yes, we like you, you are on our list, we didn't know you were interested. You live in a fantasy land.
                      The emails inviting her to camps are sent to every player who was registered at the Showcase. The colleges are given the database as part of their registration. If a college is contacting her directly about recruiting via email and she's not yet in the Summer before her Senior year, then it's a recruiting violation and the NCAA would be very unhappy.

I'm just giving you information based on my first-hand experience with 2 kids now playing D1 soccer. You're interpreting "clinic invitations" as recruiting activity. Who's living in Fantasy Land?

Comment

If you got that OCYS is a poorly run corporate bully from that then you must have a key to code. But, those of us who are ready to see the feud between FKK and OCYS end, don't automatically see the message you do.

After all of this time, why can't FKK and OCYS just put it behind them? A merger was tried, and it didn't work. Maybe it was OCYS's fault it didn't work. Maybe FKK was completely innocent in the unraveling of the merger. But, it's been a year. Move on. It's so hard to have a discussion without the FKK/OCYS fight bleeding in.
                        I got that OCYS is a poorly run corporate bully from experience.

Comment

That's not true

The emails inviting her to camps are sent to every player who was registered at the Showcase. The colleges are given the database as part of their registration. If a college is contacting her directly about recruiting via email and she's not yet in the Summer before her Senior year, then it's a recruiting violation and the NCAA would be very unhappy.

I'm just giving you information based on my first-hand experience with 2 kids now playing D1 soccer. You're interpreting "clinic invitations" as recruiting activity. Who's living in Fantasy Land?
                          It must have changed. D1 can contact the player by email (not phone, text, etc., only email) on Sept. 1 of their junior year. D2 can initiate contact by email, phone, text on June 15th prior to junior year. D3 can initiate contact by email once the player is in high school.

Comment

Your kids (probably boys, we are talking about girls here) are older, I'm guessing they played before ECNL or you are in denial, ignorant or both. When your team parent sends a list of every college they gave brochures to. You check the camp invites against the list. Delete the ones who didn't see you play. Some of the emails say we saw you play and think you are a potential Flying Monkey please fill out our questionnaire or consider the camp below. My kid calls the coach. During the phone call (sometimes she calls them several times to get through) they provide details about the games ask her questions tell her, yes please come to the camp we are interested. She asks for interviews prior or after (unofficial visits) they often offer sleep overs with players or ask her to come early to go to class with players.

My daughter is an ECNL sophomore and this happens. Sorry your kid's experience was not as good, but this is the God honest truth.

Comment

Your kids (probably boys, we are talking about girls here) are older, I'm guessing they played before ECNL or you are in denial, ignorant or both. When your team parent sends a list of every college they gave brochures to. You check the camp invites against the list. Delete the ones who didn't see you play. Some of the emails say we saw you play and think you are a potential Flying Monkey please fill out our questionnaire or consider the camp below. My kid calls the coach. During the phone call (sometimes she calls them several times to get through) they provide details about the games ask her questions tell her, yes please come to the camp we are interested. She asks for interviews prior or after (unofficial visits) they often offer sleep overs with players or ask her to come early to go to class with players.

My daughter is an ECNL sophomore and this happens. Sorry your kid's experience was not as good, but this is the God honest truth.
                              Still thinking you are in some way or other, glorifying your experiences perhaps? You start by saying.. "when your team parent sends a..." ok - red flag. my kids play in a large, very financially stable club, where my daughters entire team of players were (individually) recruited to DI schools this year. there are NO team parents ... the only thing a parent does is cheer for their kid on the sideline, so I'm really thinking you are a wannabe of sorts here. not calling you a liar, but where really do you hail from?

Comment

Still thinking you are in some way or other, glorifying your experiences perhaps? You start by saying.. "when your team parent sends a..." ok - red flag. my kids play in a large, very financially stable club, where my daughters entire team of players were (individually) recruited to DI schools this year. there are NO team parents ... the only thing a parent does is cheer for their kid on the sideline, so I'm really thinking you are a wannabe of sorts here. not calling you a liar, but where really do you hail from?
                                So you don't have parents that build the team brochure? That hand out fliers and take lists of coaches? "I'm not calling you a liar." Why would I lie? You don't know me. What glory would an anonymous person gain? Poor logic there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X