• Show
Clear All

1. build a brand
    2. charge $$$
    3. expand to new locations
    4. inevitably everything good about the brand is lost
    5. merge with another club

Comment

Does anybody know what exactly is the relationship with NY Surf and SkyBlue? They announced this awhile back:

http://www.skybluefc.com/sky-blue-fc...b-partnership/

but on the SkyBlue website, they aren't included in the club partners?

http://www.skybluefc.com/club-partners/

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Does NY Surf really have its stuff together? We registered for tryouts and got an email with blank spaces for date/time/location. It seems even the "professional" organizations all have high school dropouts running their sites.
        Probably because its pre-reg per the site...I havent seen them announce dates/locations etc.

Comment

Does anybody know what exactly is the relationship with NY Surf and SkyBlue? They announced this awhile back:

http://www.skybluefc.com/sky-blue-fc...b-partnership/

but on the SkyBlue website, they aren't included in the club partners?

http://www.skybluefc.com/club-partners/
          It's just Surf trying to buy some credibility. PDA has the real relationship with Surf with the GDA.

Comment

It's just Surf trying to buy some credibility. PDA has the real relationship with Surf with the GDA.
            They are sponsoring a game between SkyBlue and SJ women's team? What does that even mean?

Comment

They are sponsoring a game between SkyBlue and SJ women's team? What does that even mean?
              Not sponsoring. Hosting.

Comment

So where's the ECNL announcement Larry was touting a few weeks ago?

Comment

I think he was going to bundle that up with the NY Surf announcements about their big tournament to-do. Promised to give details by the end of the 1st quarter.

Comment

It's coming - along with Surf getting GDA :)

Comment

I here that they are also getting an MLS slot and are entered into the world cup as a sovereign nation.

Comment

I here that they are also getting an MLS slot and are entered into the world cup as a sovereign nation.
                        It was on the BOTN so it must be true

Comment

I heard they are going to give training for free, provide housing for all of their players and families, and provide a pension after their soccer careers are over in a few years.

Comment

Actually I emailed them they are adding a second 2007 team.

As someone who brought their kid from albertson as a 2007 player... very happy w the move..training is lights out better --- and because my kid is 9... not so worried about college or encl or anything else right now...because she is 9 -and for those of you that don't know, ALOT can happen between now and 18 years old- even for those amazing 9 year old players- lol --- and as a parent I played division 1 soccer - so I am fully aware of the environment... I am not some village idiot parent.... I want my kid to enjoy playing for the next few years and develop --- to thInk about 2007s worried about ecnl or gda is ridiculous and showcases the lunacy .... the name of the day for 2007s should be environment/coaching.... and both of those are way better than alby right now.....

And the portion of the team that is leaving are the 2008s that were added because they are making a "b" team- not any of the players from albertson- just to clear up those facts!

everyone looking for the right environment for their kid... nothing wrong w that...

Comment

As someone who brought their kid from albertson as a 2007 player... very happy w the move..training is lights out better --- and because my kid is 9... not so worried about college or encl or anything else right now...because she is 9 -and for those of you that don't know, ALOT can happen between now and 18 years old- even for those amazing 9 year old players- lol --- and as a parent I played division 1 soccer - so I am fully aware of the environment... I am not some village idiot parent.... I want my kid to enjoy playing for the next few years and develop --- to thInk about 2007s worried about ecnl or gda is ridiculous and showcases the lunacy .... the name of the day for 2007s should be environment/coaching.... and both of those are way better than alby right now.....

And the portion of the team that is leaving are the 2008s that were added because they are making a "b" team- not any of the players from albertson- just to clear up those facts!

everyone looking for the right environment for their kid... nothing wrong w that...

Why would a prior D1 soccer player have their kid at Albertson at 8. At this age and probably up to 12 it's what they are doin when they are not at practice. And with your experience she should be way ahead of the curve. As we all know by 12-13 everyone who is committed catches up to the ones who started training early. As you know with your soccer experience their are plenty of Town team players who can easily walk on to the so called Academy clubs by name.

Comment

I agree and also disagree. The issue you potentially face is, is your daughter better than what they have? If she is as good or almost as good, there is a very good chance she will not make the cut. I have seen this happen numerous times now. My daughter is 15 and I have seen girls in smaller clubs never get the chance to be on an ECNL club, even though they are very good players. Coaches will pick kids they know are in their organization and know how that kid will perform and, as importantly, that their parents are not idiots. It's always a safer bet to pick kids within your organization, unless your daughter is clearly very good and will make it. But here, you need to be objective. Not an easy thing for a parent to always do. Good luck.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X