Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aside from ECNL and Thorns Academy, what girls clubs focus on college prep?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from ECNL and Thorns Academy, what girls clubs focus on college prep?

My daughter has done regional ODP for Thorns and ECNL, but we believe the investment in these programs does not equal the returns. She has participated in a few camps in California (a few universities and some local club camps) and the training and skills taught at these camps far outweigh the quality of training in Oregon.

If your daughter is not doing FCP ECNL, CU ECNL, or Thorns Academy, what would you suggest for the top clubs in Oregon that focus on college prep? My daughter does want to play college soccer and we know that attending showcases and id camps at potential colleges is critical to getting visibility. What local clubs, that are not ECNL or Thorns, have active participation at showcases?

Westside timbers, Washington timbers and Eugene

Of these Eugene has been the most consistent of placing girls in college based on what the post on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      My daughter has done regional ODP for Thorns and ECNL, but we believe the investment in these programs does not equal the returns. She has participated in a few camps in California (a few universities and some local club camps) and the training and skills taught at these camps far outweigh the quality of training in Oregon.

If your daughter is not doing FCP ECNL, CU ECNL, or Thorns Academy, what would you suggest for the top clubs in Oregon that focus on college prep? My daughter does want to play college soccer and we know that attending showcases and id camps at potential colleges is critical to getting visibility. What local clubs, that are not ECNL or Thorns, have active participation at showcases?
      If you are counting on iD camps then you are wasting your time. 3 different schools that my daughter had received interest from and 2 of them gave her offers, but all 3 told our family not to waste the money on iD camps as they see her enough at showcases. 1 coach went even further to say the iD camps were money maker for their program

Comment

If you are counting on iD camps then you are wasting your time. 3 different schools that my daughter had received interest from and 2 of them gave her offers, but all 3 told our family not to waste the money on iD camps as they see her enough at showcases. 1 coach went even further to say the iD camps were money maker for their program
        So, going back to my question because I don't want to debate over the value of id camps, what clubs actively participate in showcases then? Again, I am interested in clubs that are not ECNL or Thorns.

Comment

GPS has a college placement program as well.
          http://www.globalpremiersoccer.net/p...215698-college

Comment

Westside timbers, Washington timbers and Eugene

Of these Eugene has been the most consistent of placing girls in college based on what the post on their website.
            Of course, not everyone posts on their club's web site.

A club doesn't place each girl in college. If the girl fulfills the admissions requirements of the schools and has done her own work to be approachable by recruiters, she is more likely to go to the school of her choice.

A club should offer a recruitment program and supportive coaching staff. Some clubs offer workshops, showcases, scheduled college tours, and one-on-one advising.

Comment

Omg if your child has made it this far and your asking on here what to do. This must be a set up question to bash some organization.

Comment

Of course, not everyone posts on their club's web site.

A club doesn't place each girl in college. If the girl fulfills the admissions requirements of the schools and has done her own work to be approachable by recruiters, she is more likely to go to the school of her choice.

A club should offer a recruitment program and supportive coaching staff. Some clubs offer workshops, showcases, scheduled college tours, and one-on-one advising.
                I'm not sure what goes on at other clubs but I imagine it's similar to our experience. My kids did Westside's workshops and my daughter's coach has taken them to showcases and also set up friendlies that had recruiters there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X