Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For Girl's Teams (Best Competition/ Getting Scouted for College)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) GDA
    2) ECNL
    3) National League
    4) Reg 3 Premier
    5) FL State Playoff tournament and Championships
    6) Reg 3
    7) NPL
    8) FSPL
    9) SFYfUSA
    This order is absolutely correct. My daughter has played in 4 of these leagues. GDA and ECNL lead the way.

Comment

Lots, no. 1 or 2; yes.

Look, I have not walked a mile in your shoes and I don't know the hurdles you face. My daughter chose 10 schools. Narrowed them down to five. Two were up north. I took vacation time two summers in a row and drove. We visited schools, stayed in the cheapest hotels and ate a lot of subway. Considering the highway robbery we pay for club, ecnl, da, whatever.....a couple of hundred for something that will impact her for the rest of her life seemed worth it. Best of luck to you and your kid. Hope she gets to where she deserves to be.
      In the NE there is a rediculousnumber if good schools within a few hours drive. You can bang out several visits quickly. Agree about the cost and investing some now. Sure you can transfer if it's a disaster but often times you will lose some credits (more money, stay longer in school) and you'll still need to research the new choices. I'd rather spend 's little more now and try and get it right the first time .

Comment

This order is absolutely correct. My daughter has played in 4 of these leagues. GDA and ECNfL lead the way.
        No coaches have been at our GDA games yet but the showcase will herd them.

Comment

In the NE there is a rediculousnumber if good schools within a few hours drive. You can bang out several visits quickly. Agree about the cost and investing some now. Sure you can transfer if it's a disaster but often times you will lose some credits (more money, stay longer in school) and you'll still need to research the new choices. I'd rather spend 's little more now and try and get it right the first time .

Exactly, MIT, Tufts, Boston College, Amhurst, Holy Cross, Wellesly, and of course Harvard all within 2 hrs of each other.

Comment

Exactly, MIT, Tufts, Boston College, Amhurst, Holy Cross, Wellesly, and of course Harvard all within 2 hrs of each other.
            Thousands of players are contacting and visiting the top colleges.

Comment

Thousands of players are contacting and visiting the top colleges.

And your point is what?

Comment

FL cranks out some talent. Same with CA and a few other states.
                LMFAO. Are you for real? How many girls are currently or have been on the national roster?

Comment

LMFAO. Are you for real? How many girls are currently or have been on the national roster?
                  Why limit to a national roster?

Comment

This order is absolutely correct. My daughter has played in 4 of these leagues. GDA and ECNL lead the way.
                    This order is unfortunately correct. A friend of my had a college coach tell their kid that they need to see them play against competition. What was alarming was the school was a FL Division 2 school. That is a huge statement for parents and kids playing in non competitive leagues and teams and thinking their kid is exceptional when it doesn't reflect reality.

Comment

1) GDA
                      2) ECNL
                      3) National League
                      4) Reg 3 Premier
                      5) FL State Playoff tournament and Championships
                      6) Reg 3
                      7) NPL
                      8) FSPL
                      9) SFYfUSA
                      You obviously have never spoken to a college coach about this because every college coach will tell you that the DA is the best except for both south Fl DA,s especially BU. Just like when they were ECNL they are a terribly weak club of teams and college coaches know that and don’t even bother going to watch them anymore. They get beaten so badly there’s no reason to watch them get embarrassed. So if you’re looking to get recruited and you live in South Florida stick with 3-9. If you’re at one of the n Fl da,s then you’re probably ok but even 5en I would say national league or even region 3 pl is better for recruiting purposes.

Comment

You obviously have never spoken to a college coach about this because every college coach will tell you that the DA is the best except for both south Fl DA,s especially BU. Just like when they were ECNL they are a terribly weak club of teams and college coaches know that and don’t even bother going to watch them anymore. They get beaten so badly there’s no reason to watch them get embarrassed. So if you’re looking to get recruited and you live in South Florida stick with 3-9. If you’re at one of the n Fl da,s then you’re probably ok but even 5en I would say national league or even region 3 pl is better for recruiting purposes.
                        "So if you’re looking to get recruited and you live in South Florida stick with 3-9."

ok buddy, 9 is SFUYSA !!!! hahahaha lolol

this is comical, hating da is one thing but recommending to bypass it in favor of SFUYSA !!! omg pissed myself

Comment

Girls da is brand spankin new, but as someone said the girls da teams in south Florida are the former ecnl teams. Ecnl is extinct in south Florida.

Comment

What do you think? Posted by Team Boca or Sunrise? I'm leaning towards Team Boca. Sunrise is restructuring for ECNL, so at least they are moving with the rest of the youth soccer world.

Comment

We have had numerous colleges at our GDA games. They typically are scouting 1 or 2 girls which allows other players to get looked at. This winter showcase there will definitely be a herd of coaches The girls are sending out the schedule and letters and communicating with all the coaches. Here is the link: http://www.ussoccerda.com/2017-da-ws...-attendee-list

Comment

My kid plays for a GDA club in SOuth FL. We had coaches at our away games and home games. We will have many attend our showcase as they have contacted the club.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X