Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the OP, but I inquired about the waiver and they said they had to be in by Sept. 1. Weston completely manipulated the situation by lying to our families.
    The USDA site under league operations clearly state the rules, including that waivers had to be in by September 1. While I empathize and if the club lied purposely then they are scum. They also could be legitimately clueless, but that isn't a real excuse. All parents should familiarize themselves with the rules or participation to protect their kids in the future

Comment

I know players that will nut be missing the showcase and still playing high school. DA make exception for their "better players".
      Hard to pledge loyalty to an organization that expects you to follow the rules but doesn't follow it themselves huh?

Comment

Hard to pledge loyalty to an organization that expects you to follow the rules but doesn't follow it themselves huh?
        Lo siento, no entiendo. Gracias.

Comment

Wow I would quit and try bowling , but that’s just me

Comment

Lo siento, no entiendo. Gracias.
            que no entiendes?

Comment

que no entiendes?
              Como leer un contrato en ingles.

Comment

My family was informed when we were recruited to Weston that our daughter could play HS (as she plays on a school that "recruited" her), by MP. We were told that she could play both, but now we have been given an ultimatum. Her and the majority of the team has been doing both GDA and HS at the same time the last few weeks. And now suddenly they aren't allowed to do both, and threatened with missing the GDA showcase. I have seen multiple threads, but does anyone know the actual rules. Can my daughter do both?
                Schools don’t recruit. Crazy parents go make a deal and pay less. GDA said no school. You just want the believe what guy want to believe.

Comment

Schools don’t recruit. Crazy parents go make a deal and pay less. GDA said no school. You just want the believe what guy want to believe.
                  That's why I said "recruited", because it's financial help with understanding that she plays for the school. That's not the point. The point being that Weston lied to is from the beginning! MP and CP can go eat a flaming bag of ****e. Biggest liars and scam artists out there.

Comment

That's why I said "recruited", because it's financial help with understanding that she plays for the school. That's not the point. The point being that Weston lied to is from the beginning! MP and CP can go eat a flaming bag of ****e. Biggest liars and scam artists out there.
                    Looks like you're one of the many that have been duped by Carlos and Matt. Don't worry you aren't the first or last. The Parra and Parry duo strike again!

Comment

Which rules are you referring to exactly? You seem to be mixing Florida HS rules and DA rules.

DA simply says you cannot play HS and DA events or practices at the same time. If you play HS, you cant play DA. Once DA is over or a player decides to play HS (with club permission until 2021, then waiver thing kicks in) they can.

There is no FHSAA rule that I know of that says a player cannot join a team later in the year. There may be a rule on the number of games necessary to qualify to play in the championship or playoffs but I have not been able to find it. That decision falls on the HS coach, AD or principal.
                      High schools can do whatever they want! They can take 5 GDA players in January if they want. But it would be wrong for most high school programs to have different rules and expectations for GDA players. Also players have to play 10 regular season games to be eligible to play in the HS playoffs. If a high school is caught cheating them the whole program suffers. If a complaint is made against a HS the HS has to prove the 10 Hs games the players were in.

Comment

Okay Matt whatever you say. You and Carlos are both liars, and I have messages saying Weston was making deals with HS coaches and now you make the ultimatum? That's what weasels do. At what point will you ever accept any accountability?

Comment

High schools can do whatever they want! They can take 5 GDA players in January if they want. But it would be wrong for most high school programs to have different rules and expectations for GDA players. Also players have to play 10 regular season games to be eligible to play in the HS playoffs. If a high school is caught cheating them the whole program suffers. If a complaint is made against a HS the HS has to prove the 10 Hs games the players were in.
                          Finally someone that knows what they're talking about. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

Comment

Como leer un contrato en ingles.
                            Ha! muy divertido, gracias por la risa.

Comment

If there is a 10 game minimum rule than that is the rule. I have yet to see the link to the rule but I will take your word for it. That being said, different rules or expectation are not being made for GDA players specifically. Have seen players come in later in the season for many years for different reasons. Heck, I know of a private school that that gave academic scholarships during football season and then the kid returned to public school after football season.

This time around, it is a ton of players, not just one or two so everyone has their panties in knots. Most because their kid likely returns to the bench, some because they think their HS might have a chance at winning state now that the more talented players are out and some because they simply have an ax to grind with DA. Few are really and truly viewing this from the moral high ground as the claim to be.

Guess will see what happens on Dec 11th.

Comment

Not the OP, but I inquired about the waiver and they said they had to be in by Sept. 1. Weston completely manipulated the situation by lying to our families.
                                USSF GDA does not require waivers for your daughter to play HS soccer. Any kid can play HS as long as they drop out of the DA while doing so, and their club allows their DA girls to play. Waivers won't be needed until after 2021 when all GDA players will banned from playing HS except those that can get a waiver from their school saying why their kid needs to play soccer at the school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X