Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because the program has had sustained, great success. He's able to recruit, unlike public schools and he's a good salesman. I wouldn't say Jack is a terrible coach at all, I'd say he's a good coach who benefits greatly from the ability to recruit players. I'd like to see him at a public school, that's where he'd be able to prove his coaching abilities (or lack thereof).
    you dont think he would do well at Staples,Darien, Warde
    Hell lets move him to the SWC
    Barlow ,Newtown,Masuk
    he would do fine at all of those places They all produce players

Comment

Why do so many people hate JN? Is it jealousy?
      Honestly, I think it's his style or his demeanor. I know Jack somewhat well and have known him for decades. He's actually a pretty good guy that gets an unfair rap at times. I'll admit that he can definitely rub people the wrong way and can be extremely annoying at times. His antics on the sidelines don't help at all either. Composed is not an adjective that I'd use to describe his style. He does however love the sport and cares about his kids.

Comment

Imagine what a great coach could do at a program like SJ? They've had tremendous success with an awful coach.
        Lol —Poster don’t waste your time with these boneheads. JN knows soccer and what he’s doing
        Is working , his personality is one thing but if a parent can stay outta his way I see no problem.

Comment

Because the program has had sustained, great success. He's able to recruit, unlike public schools and he's a good salesman. I wouldn't say Jack is a terrible coach at all, I'd say he's a good coach who benefits greatly from the ability to recruit players. I'd like to see him at a public school, that's where he'd be able to prove his coaching abilities (or lack thereof).
          He is the program- how much success did they have before he started coaching?

Comment

you dont think he would do well at Staples,Darien, Warde
            Hell lets move him to the SWC
            Barlow ,Newtown,Masuk
            he would do fine at all of those places They all produce players
            I think he'd do fine at strong programs, however he wouldn't be bringing home state championships.

Comment

A guy like JN wouldn’t last a minute at a public school in Fairfield county.

And why you ask?

Because He’d CUT the Varsity squad before the season opened and the Snowflake parents would come out at night with Pitch Folks.

‘Snowflakes can’t handle the truth’

Comment

A guy like JN wouldn’t last a minute at a public school in Fairfield county.

And why you ask?

Because He’d CUT the Varsity squad before the season opened and the Snowflake parents would come out at night with Pitch Folks.

‘Snowflakes can’t handle the truth’
                Sorry had a rough night — Staples mom kept me up ‘Meant to say Forks ‘

Comment

I think he'd do fine at strong programs, however he wouldn't be bringing home state championships.
                  every one of those teams have been to the finals or semis- with part time head coaches
                  whatever you want to say about Jack,he is 100% committed to building his program

Comment

Sorry had a rough night — Staples mom kept me up ‘Meant to say Forks ‘
                    understood
                    if he survived the first year (think wilton) he would be fine from there on out
                    but that first year would be brutal

Comment

He is the program- how much success did they have before he started coaching?
                      Bottom of the FCIAC! 15 years of success! 5 State Championships and 4 FCIAC titles!

Comment

Bottom of the FCIAC! 15 years of success! 5 State Championships and 4 FCIAC titles!
                        exactly ,they were Trinity or Kolbe or the Stjs boys team

Comment

every one of those teams have been to the finals or semis- with part time head coaches
                          whatever you want to say about Jack,he is 100% committed to building his program
                          The inability to recruit hampers "building a program". You have to work with what you have at a public school, which could be exceptional or mediocre year to year. Recruiting gives him a clear edge.

Comment

Sorry SJ Dad, without recruiting, no state championships and no fciac titles. That's a reality. Recruiting makes JN look better than he is.

Comment

Sorry SJ Dad, without recruiting, no state championships and no fciac titles. That's a reality. Recruiting makes JN look better than he is.
                              ^^^^^^ amen.

Comment

The inability to recruit hampers "building a program". You have to work with what you have at a public school, which could be exceptional or mediocre year to year. Recruiting gives him a clear edge.
                                at a public you have a youth program- that is your pipeline, he also runs a premier program and has college connections
                                no matter where he was those kids would be at YU or BS or CFC he would make sure of it

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X