Friedel to Revs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeing the Atlanta United team play at home makes me very envious and ALMOST makes me wish Arthur Blank was the local NFL/MLS owner. But then again, that Super Bowl...

Comment

Big(ish) name with no real coaching experience. Sounds like more of the same from the Revs. Hiring someone on the cheap in hopes it will work.
      May be Mike Burns’ last hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Big(ish) name with no real coaching experience. Sounds like more of the same from the Revs. Hiring someone on the cheap in hopes it will work.
        Exactly why is Burns still around? He should have been shown the door at the same time as Heaps, IMO.

Comment

Could be worse y'know.

Comment

Seeing the Atlanta United team play at home makes me very envious and ALMOST makes me wish Arthur Blank was the local NFL/MLS owner. But then again, that Super Bowl...
            Well he does seem like such a nice man. After all, he did come out of the stands to celebrate the end of the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              It is the same thing on the women's side, but they can't even get a biggish name.

Comment

Zidane was a "coach" on the field, but Friedel wasn't? Got it. Thanks. LOL
                Pep played the role that Xavi played for Barcelona. He was the metronome for the team, deciding when the team played high tempo, or slowed it down. He did the same for Spain. He had more touches than any other player on the field, completing more passes by far.

Zidane's Juventus probably did not hold the ball as much as Barcelona (as Barcelona's possession was freakish). However, Zidane still dictated the play, as he did for a French team that was the best in the world.

If you watch BPL, you might not understand what their roles were. BPL games tend to be played at the same pace (high speed) throughout. And Friedel was a goalie; his ability to dictate tempo was limited.

If I was going to predict which player/coach would be better able to understand tempo, momentum, etc, it would be the playmaking central midfielder.

I am not saying Friedel can't be successful. Just don't use Zidane or Pep as similar examples.

Comment

If I was going to predict which player/coach would be better able to understand tempo, momentum, etc, it would be the playmaking central midfielder.

I am not saying Friedel can't be successful. Just don't use Zidane or Pep as similar examples.
                  All that pomposity to get to your point...which unsurprisingly misstates the comparison to Zidane and Pep, despite having been explained over and over.

Being so obtuse while trying so hard to seem so smart is so goddamn tedious.

Comment

Friedel needs to address the Academy Program and institute a style of play. I been following the DA program over couple years now and it is horrendous to watch. Getting beaten by the likes of FC Boston and Seacoast is not good when supposedly when you have the best talents. Records against other MLS Academy are deplorable given you have the entire NE players pool.

Comment

All that pomposity to get to your point...which unsurprisingly misstates the comparison to Zidane and Pep, despite having been explained over and over.

Being so obtuse while trying so hard to seem so smart is so goddamn tedious.
                      Gosh darn. Wishin' I knowed them big fancy words like you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X