Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If they hire him, his first task is to fire all the academy staff then that would be a big statement. Address the defense side. Institute a style of play that is attractive and hopefully based on his European experience.
    Other than playing top flight, there are coaches in rec leagues who have better credentials and experience.
    Good players don’t equal good coaches

Comment

Other than playing top flight, there are coaches in rec leagues who have better credentials and experience.
      I'm not saying you're wrong, but this could have also been said of Pep and Zidane. To be clear I'm not saying Friedel is going to be one of those examples, but there is another side to that "other than playing top flight" coin.

Comment

I'll look around our rec league for a U19 National Coach/U20 Assistant Coach.

If I find anyone, I'll be sure to let you know. First glance, I see a lot of accountants who have never touched a ball before September. I'll dig deeper.

Comment

I'll look around our rec league for a U19 National Coach/U20 Assistant Coach.

If I find anyone, I'll be sure to let you know. First glance, I see a lot of accountants who have never touched a ball before September. I'll dig deeper.
          Ha ... LOL

Comment

Please. Enough of comparing Freidel with Pep and Zidane.

They played at the highest level. Both played in Spain and Italy. Both played on brilliant teams (Barcelona, and Juventus/Real Madrid), under some of the most thoughtful coaches (Cruyff, Lippi). Both coached in the youth teams and/or B teams with success prior to transitioning to head coach.

Freidel played goalie in the EPL. That is a vastly different playing experience. He has had no exposure to truly high level coaching in his playing career. Listen to his commentary, not that insightful.

I'm not saying he cannot do a good job. He will have to work hard and learn a lot. But please do not use Pep and Zidane as examples for Freidel.

Comment

Listen to his commentary, not that insightful.
              I agree. All the commentary you really need to know can be found right on here. This is where all the experts come to spread their abundant knowledge.

Comment

I understand the skepticism, and while this is on a different level, look at what Zidane has done with Madrid with even less coaching qualifications
                Comparing one of the greats in futbal , decades a field player, to this guy, what's his name, is a joke, right?

Comment

If they hire him, his first task is to fire all the academy staff then that would be a big statement. Address the defense side. Institute a style of play that is attractive and hopefully based on his European experience.
                  He's a status quo hire. Maintain second fiddle status.
                  Only difference would be to sell to a real soccer owner. No real futbaler would come to this uncommitted establishment.

Comment

Comparing one of the greats in futbal , decades a field player, to this guy, what's his name, is a joke, right?
                    Of course not. A statement was made that he has no coaching experience, so therefore he cannot coach. Zizzou was an extreme example of a player who proves otherwise. Nobody is comparing him directly.

But, a top-10 player of all-time like him is going to be good no matter. OK. How far down do we go before we say it does matter?

Comment

Please. Enough of comparing Freidel with...

Freidel played goalie in the EPL. That is a vastly different playing experience. He has had no exposure to truly high level coaching in his playing career. Listen to his commentary, not that insightful.

I'm not saying he cannot do a good job...
                      You seem insightful though.

Comment

Rev's search criteria

The boxes that must be ticked:

Kraft: has to be below market compensation

Burns: has to be someone he's roomed with before.

So it was Freidel or one of Burn's summer camp bunkmates.

Comment

He's a status quo hire. Maintain second fiddle status.
                          Only difference would be to sell to a real soccer owner. No real futbaler would come to this uncommitted establishment.
                          well said.

Comment

You are all acting as if I'm comparing Friedel and Zidane as players. They are both former players who had little to no experience when they got their first head coaching job, that's a fact. We're not comparing the two as players.

Comment

Revs official announcement - https://www.revolutionsoccer.net/pos...del-head-coach

Comment

I'm happy to be the first to jump on the Friedel bandwagon. GREAT hire.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X