Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South American Style Soccer?

Curious... We are new to club soccer and starting to learn about club styles. Does any of the area clubs teach South American style soccer? I see a lot of European connections, but I have yet to see South American connections, our closer neighbors. When watching the national teams play, I've always enjoyed watching Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay... and they are very successful with big name stars. It was exciting going to some of the games for the Copa America a couple of years ago to see them play. I was wondering if any of the clubs have tried to bring that style to the US?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Curious... We are new to club soccer and starting to learn about club styles. Does any of the area clubs teach South American style soccer? I see a lot of European connections, but I have yet to see South American connections, our closer neighbors. When watching the national teams play, I've always enjoyed watching Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Uruguay... and they are very successful with big name stars. It was exciting going to some of the games for the Copa America a couple of years ago to see them play. I was wondering if any of the clubs have tried to bring that style to the US?
    No. That would give players freedom and creativity. Not good for the club soccer model

Comment

Oh, it's out there. Teams are usually surrounding the ref for every call; writhing around in pain at the drop of a hat - master of simulation (it's part of the game); very individualistic, extremely creative play; the pitch will be littered with trash, fans throw bags of urine at players as they enter the arena. There's also a higher % of red cards issued in games.

Comment

If you have the Waze app just type Chelsea into it. Drop your child off on any corner.

Comment

Oh, it's out there. Teams are usually surrounding the ref for every call; writhing around in pain at the drop of a hat - master of simulation (it's part of the game); very individualistic, extremely creative play; the pitch will be littered with trash, fans throw bags of urine at players as they enter the arena. There's also a higher % of red cards issued in games.
          Well done!

Comment

Hammer fc

Comment

No ,We need to do a better job of vetting all the British coaches. If we start there , we may get better as country and eventually play real futbol.

Comment

No ,We need to do a better job of vetting all the British coaches. If we start there , we may get better as country and eventually play real futbol.
                U20 and u17 England programs much improved.
                But futbol and England rarely mentioned in same sentence.

Comment

Does real futbol clubs provide the urine bags, or are those extra?

Comment

Offensive

I've attended multiple games in South America, and I've never seen a urine bag. That's very offensive to the many South American immigrants living in Massachusetts with children playing soccer who may be viewing this board.

Comment

I've attended multiple games in South America, and I've never seen a urine bag. That's very offensive to the many South American immigrants living in Massachusetts with children playing soccer who may be viewing this board.
                      Offensive...not wrong.

Just a 3-second google search will bring it up. Seriously. Pretty common.

What kind of parent lets a child view this board, is the real question?

OK to make fun of Brits' accents though?

Comment

This kind of South American "Style" soccer?

Are the little children still offended?

http://www.espnfc.us/mexico/story/32...cup-qualifiers

"The chant, yelled when the opposing goalkeeper takes a goal kick, is also used throughout Latin America, with Chile also receiving 11 fines, and Argentina, Peru, Brazil, Honduras and Panama commonly punished. Only Honduras and Chile have been punished with stadium bans."

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X