Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If I could wave a wand as emperor of New England girls youth soccer land I would have 2 Leagues that would initially breakout like this...

PREMIERSHIP - One division with 2 Bracket play with a few crossover games, including crossover playoff/championship between the 2 brackets, as well as a crossover relegation game playoff to see who gets relegated out of Premiership to Championship division the next season

"A"BRACKET - First Teams of following clubs
    Breakers/NEFC
    FC Stars
    SSS
    CFC
    FCB
    FSA
    Seacoast
    Oakwood

"B" BRACKET - First and/or Second Teams of following clubs
    GPS First team
    Yankee United First team
    FCUSA First team
    Breakers/NEFC Second team
    FC Stars Second team
    CFC Second team
    FCB Second team
    FSA Second team
    Seacoast Second team
    GPS Second team

CHAMPIONSHIP - All other premier clubs/regional teams in New England. Dozens of divisions broken down similar to how NEP currently is formatted, with promotion/relegation with each division at the end of each spring season, and the winner of top Championship division taking the place of the relegated Premiership team the next season.

Nice streamlined format with New England travel only for league play and will plenty of good match-ups to be had. It will never ever happen, but if we could blow up the system here in New England, this would be the best way to start fresh IMO. Ahhhh we can all dream.
    If only ... *sigh*

Comment

If only ... *sigh*
      USSF will never do something that makes sense for the vast majority of players. The calendar year mandate is a classic example of that. They only care about their own leagues and 100 players per gender.

Comment

Thanks for wasting our time with all that.

Us soccer is in charge of the GDA. The buck stops with them and if there is a poor quality experience out there for the players they should do something about it. That goes for both the Boston Players and the Long Island players.
        No one forced you to read it, toolbag.

Comment

No one forced you to read it, toolbag.
          What a long tirade blaming every club and coach under the sun for that miserable situation except for USSF. I don't tolerate the blame game when my kids try to play it or anonymous posters. IMO, the buck stops with the USSF.

Comment

What a long tirade blaming every club and coach under the sun for that miserable situation except for USSF. I don't tolerate the blame game when my kids try to play it or anonymous posters. IMO, the buck stops with the USSF.
            The USSF goes without saying. The evolution of that club is interesting. That the USSF didn’t put a stop to the charade speaks volumes about their true agenda. Instead of a slow roll out and a well structured thoughtful build out they simply took on the ecnl where ever they could. There should 1/2 as many clubs as there are.

Comment

The USSF goes without saying. The evolution of that club is interesting. That the USSF didn’t put a stop to the charade speaks volumes about their true agenda. Instead of a slow roll out and a well structured thoughtful build out they simply took on the ecnl where ever they could. There should 1/2 as many clubs as there are.
              Whatever the number, there is not any oversight from the USSF. Not that here any oversight from ECNL of their members or from any other league of their clubs. Let the buyer beware fpr gda clubs or any soccer club.

Comment

Spot on

Comment

If I could wave a wand as emperor of New England girls youth soccer land I would have 2 Leagues that would initially breakout like this...

PREMIERSHIP - One division with 2 Bracket play with a few crossover games, including crossover playoff/championship between the 2 brackets, as well as a crossover relegation game playoff to see who gets relegated out of Premiership to Championship division the next season

Breakers/NEFC
                  FC Stars
                  SSS
                  CFC
                  FCB
                  FSA
                  Seacoast
                  Oakwood

GPS First team
                  Yankee United First team
                  FCUSA First team
                  FC Stars Second team
                  CFC Second team
                  FCB Second team
                  FSA Second team
                  Seacoast Second team
                  GPS Second team

CHAMPIONSHIP - All other premier clubs/regional teams in New England. Dozens of divisions broken down similar to how NEP currently is formatted, with promotion/relegation with each division at the end of each spring season, and the winner of top Championship division taking the place of the relegated Premiership team the next season.

Nice streamlined format with New England travel only for league play and will plenty of good match-ups to be had. It will never ever happen, but if we could blow up the system here in New England, this would be the best way to start fresh IMO. Ahhhh we can all dream.
                  FSA? FCB? Seacoast? Are you high?

Comment

Breakers/NEFC
                    FC Stars
                    SSS
                    CFC
                    FCB
                    FSA
                    Seacoast
                    Oakwood

GPS First team
                    Yankee United First team
                    FCUSA First team
                    FC Stars Second team
                    CFC Second team
                    FCB Second team
                    FSA Second team
                    Seacoast Second team
                    GPS Second team

You really could do a much better local league in NE, I know it won't happen. It seems like it would be going back in time, but maybe it was not all that bad (USYS regional leagues always bad!). No doubt there is quality in the GDA and there was in the ECNL. I am not saying Sky Blue and FC Fury, NYCSC don't have top players because they do; I just think we get more out of the Stars, Breakers, FCB and even CFC and FSA games. However there is way too much money to be made and you will never see the ECNL/GDA go local again.

We had good games vs. Penn Fusion, Continental, Albertson and Match Fit, but were those games that much better than what we do here on a local level? Are they worth driving 4 to 6 hours every third weekend? No state in the Northeast ECNL division had three clubs that could play at a high level. Three clubs that could play at a national level, while SSS were doing very well in USYS. I don't think we give enough credit to how decent girls soccer is in MA. I know certain people are not liked here in the state and clubs are always beating each other up on this site, but IMO we have 4 clubs in MA that are just better than most of all the other clubs in Region I/Northeast Region. It will never happen, I get it, but it sucks that parents have to invest money, and often more important, time, playing games that are not as good as what we have here at home.

Comment

You really could do a much better local league in NE, I know it won't happen. It seems like it would be going back in time, but maybe it was not all that bad (USYS regional leagues always bad!). No doubt there is quality in the GDA and there was in the ECNL. I am not saying Sky Blue and FC Fury, NYCSC don't have top players because they do; I just think we get more out of the Stars, Breakers, FCB and even CFC and FSA games. However there is way too much money to be made and you will never see the ECNL/GDA go local again.

We had good games vs. Penn Fusion, Continental, Albertson and Match Fit, but were those games that much better than what we do here on a local level? Are they worth driving 4 to 6 hours every third weekend? No state in the Northeast ECNL division had three clubs that could play at a high level. Three clubs that could play at a national level, while SSS were doing very well in USYS. I don't think we give enough credit to how decent girls soccer is in MA. I know certain people are not liked here in the state and clubs are always beating each other up on this site, but IMO we have 4 clubs in MA that are just better than most of all the other clubs in Region I/Northeast Region. It will never happen, I get it, but it sucks that parents have to invest money, and often more important, time, playing games that are not as good as what we have here at home.
                      Parents created this situation and they are the only ones that can change it. As long as they continue to do business with the high mileage leagues, they will stay in business.

Comment

Parents created this situation and they are the only ones that can change it. As long as they continue to do business with the high mileage leagues, they will stay in business.
                        Parents participate because they feel their hands are tied. Just now there's starting to be push back on BDA and the need to participate there. GDA certainly didn't start off with a bang. But unfortunately I think both leagues will slog it out in the land of mediocrity for years until someone steps in and restructures it all once again with a "new and improved" product

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X