Who will win D2 title?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scituate clearly team to beat...westerly can't beat three of top four teams in a row for title, but give credit for overachieving

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I started this thread to generate some discussion on the talented teams of young ladies who have made it this far. If you have a desire to behave more immaturely than the kids we are discussing, please create a different thread and have at each other.

Here are my two cents:

Scituate is the obvious favorite, with a great scoring attack and a superb goalie. MB has a couple of quick scoring threats, but will need to rely on their strong back four to negate Scituate's attack. Scituate will prevail.

Westerly has the stronger keeper and a good D, but will have difficulty mounting an offensive threat. Burrillville meanwhile has a strong offensive unit, and better balance. Burrillville will most likely take it, as long as doesn't come down to pk's.

Thank you Scituate goalie Mom. Again.....

Comment

Some parents are so negative and/or jealous. We are a rival school and I agree she is by far the best in d2. As a freshman she singlehandedly preserved a victory in the state championship on her way to winning mvp. It is actually crazy for any team left in the final four not to think there is a huge advantage for scituate at keeper. Of course, the jealous hater will take the easy way out and say this is her family again!

Comment

Some parents are so negative and/or jealous. We are a rival school and I agree she is by far the best in d2. As a freshman she singlehandedly preserved a victory in the state championship on her way to winning mvp. It is actually crazy for any team left in the final four not to think there is a huge advantage for scituate at keeper. Of course, the jealous hater will take the easy way out and say this is her family again!
          I'm posting from a "rival" team as well. The Situate keeper is an awesome athlete and this is a huge advantage for Situate.

The top 4-6 teams in D2 have all been really competitive. It's been a great season and kudos to all the top 4 teams who made the semi finals.

Comment

Oh ya, we forgot how the goalie moms get to vote for Allstate!

You sound so ignorant when you bash on kids, especially if groundless. The kid made third team all state as a freshman. Sole difference in finals.

I dare you to repost the day after voting comes out , whether it be Allstate or all division, she will be there.

Comment

Oh ya, we forgot how the goalie moms get to vote for Allstate!

You sound so ignorant when you bash on kids, especially if groundless. The kid made third team all state as a freshman. Sole difference in finals.

I dare you to repost the day after voting comes out , whether it be Allstate or all division, she will be there.
              Thanks Scituate goalie Mom........AGAIN..................................

And besides, who is bashing this kid? You are the one making her seem like the best keeper in the state. Nobody said anything against her. Go back to facebook to let all your friends and family know how wonderful she is. Nobody cares here. Its actually a dick thing to say that SHE was the one who won the championship last year, regardless of how she played.

Comment

And besides, who is bashing this kid? You are the one making her seem like the best keeper in the state. Nobody said anything against her. Go back to facebook to let all your friends and family know how wonderful she is. Nobody cares here. Its actually a dick thing to say that SHE was the one who won the championship last year, regardless of how she played.
                And wouldn't it be funny if I were someone from your team......hmmmmm..??

Comment

And, again...back to soccer...any thoughts on the games?

Comment

Actually not the kids parent. Obviously the coach of Scituate who loves TS. Has been saying the same things to the local papers about the goalie for a year now.

Comment

Actually not the kids parent. Obviously the coach of Scituate who loves TS. Has been saying the same things to the local papers about the goalie for a year now.
                      There are a lot of very good goalies, particularly in D1. I highly doubt the d2 coach last year had so much influence that he swayed everyone into naming her as the third best.

Comment

There are a lot of very good goalies, particularly in D1. I highly doubt the d2 coach last year had so much influence that he swayed everyone into naming her as the third best.
                        Incredible game Scituate vs MB. Very well played game by both teams with a ton of action. Clinics put on by both Scituate and MB Keepers. Great great game and playoff atmosphere.

Comment

Point made clear again tonight. In a very close game with under 2 minutes left and a 1-0 lead, a MB player has a perfect free kick...until Scituate keeper punches it out 6 inches from the crossbar, preserving the win.

Comment

Watched 2 close games...first one was evenly played by two good teams, with scituate keeper preserving win. the second ended up close even though Burr dominated but hit several posts. Good effort by all four. Coaches should be proud of all their teams

Comment

Watched 2 close games...first one was evenly played by two good teams, with scituate keeper preserving win. the second ended up close even though Burr dominated but hit several posts. Good effort by all four. Coaches should be proud of all their teams
                              Where does this scituate GK play club soccer? I never heard of her. How good can she really be? It’s D2 High School soccer for god sakes. It’s not like she’s playing against ECNL competition.

Comment

Where does this scituate GK play club soccer? I never heard of her. How good can she really be? It’s D2 High School soccer for god sakes. It’s not like she’s playing against ECNL competition.
                                Sounds like a parent may be seeking a refund since their daughter can't match up to a girl who doesn't play club! Ha ha ha

Yet another obvious failure of the broken pay to play system....this is a kid who can clearly play better than most others in the state, which again was the topic...nobody said she has to be better than ecnl, just repeatedly shines in ri high school

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X