Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OP here, and completely agree. We are trying to be as diplomatic as possible, without getting walked on. We've learned that it's a small soccer world.
    What do you hope to gain by leaving?

Comment

What do you hope to gain by leaving?
      Fun, growth, and development for my kid.

That's not happening, in the current situation.

Comment

Fun, growth, and development for my kid.

That's not happening, in the current situation.
        All excellent reasons, and without the first one the others won't matter. It's not an easy decision to make. We had to do it once, but quickly after moving saw the light turn back on and our player loving the game and going to practices and games again. Wish we had done it sooner but luckily it wasn't too late. That was almost 5 years ago and he's still playing, doing great, will be playing in college next year.

Comment

All excellent reasons, and without the first one the others won't matter. It's not an easy decision to make. We had to do it once, but quickly after moving saw the light turn back on and our player loving the game and going to practices and games again. Wish we had done it sooner but luckily it wasn't too late. That was almost 5 years ago and he's still playing, doing great, will be playing in college next year.
          Definitely not an easy decision.

Glad to hear the move worked out for your son.

Comment

Leave already, why are u still there.?

Comment

If money no option I am sure you can find other clubs which will gladly accept your money. The truth is youth soccer is reaching some lows - especially in Western Mass. I've never seen it like this.

If money an issue -- then I would recommend staying put and having your kid stick it out. Spring goes by fairly quickly and frankly, your kid can learn from experience.

I almost pulled my kid mid-season as the treatment he got was ridiculous. We stuck it out and moved in summer.

The move was great - the coach was an idiot - yes sometimes they are. But waiting was the right thing to do and think my kid learned to deal with adversity.

Comment

If money no option I am sure you can find other clubs which will gladly accept your money. The truth is youth soccer is reaching some lows - especially in Western Mass. I've never seen it like this.

If money an issue -- then I would recommend staying put and having your kid stick it out. Spring goes by fairly quickly and frankly, your kid can learn from experience.

I almost pulled my kid mid-season as the treatment he got was ridiculous. We stuck it out and moved in summer.

The move was great - the coach was an idiot - yes sometimes they are. But waiting was the right thing to do and think my kid learned to deal with adversity.

Agree with this. If the situation isn't too horrible, I would stick it out for the year and make a move in the Spring. That way, you aren't making a rash decision and you have a bit of time to call other clubs, maybe go to a few games of other clubs/teams that you are thinking of, etc. You don't want to "jump" just to jump, you want to "jump" with purpose... if that makes sense.

Comment

Thank you for the last two replies.

Now that the season is over, we've decided to move on. The situation was not worth the grief my kid was dealing with. At the end of the day, if your kid consistently leaves practice head down; something is wrong.

We'll look around, maybe participate elsewhere as a practice player, or do clinics; if we can't find a team by Spring. For now we have basketball season.

Comment

Thank you for the last two replies.

Now that the season is over, we've decided to move on. The situation was not worth the grief my kid was dealing with. At the end of the day, if your kid consistently leaves practice head down; something is wrong.

We'll look around, maybe participate elsewhere as a practice player, or do clinics; if we can't find a team by Spring. For now we have basketball season.
                    Good plan. If your child is miserable it isn't worth it. Take your time to find a better place. There are many options out there. Good luck

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X