Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Appreciate your insight and thoughts on it, obviously I beg to differ.

I dont believe I am one of the examples you mentioned above, we are actually content where our daughter is just now. We have been approached by the same coach a few times, and his tactics to recruit are he is a better coach than existing one we have "as he is not very good", his team are in a better league than our current league. These reasons just seem small minded and insecure to me, nothing about development reasons... just all about him and ego I think.

Anyway, that is why we were turned off.
    What you just described makes my argument. I'm not sure why you think it's some sort of stretch to see it as common practice among coaches and clubs.

Comment

Comment

I completely agree!

Comment

Appreciate your insight and thoughts on it, obviously I beg to differ.

I dont believe I am one of the examples you mentioned above, we are actually content where our daughter is just now. We have been approached by the same coach a few times, and his tactics to recruit are he is a better coach than existing one we have "as he is not very good", his team are in a better league than our current league. These reasons just seem small minded and insecure to me, nothing about development reasons... just all about him and ego I think.

Anyway, that is why we were turned off.
          He should be selling his higher team placement.
          Denigrating a fellow coach is bush league.
          Glad you were turned off and stayed.
          Think about what he must say about his players...

Comment

This does not happen to be the fraud who ran the Kings thing? Sounds like him and his antics.

Comment

Why do certain coaches feel the need to bad mouth other coaches from different clubs, as a way to try and recruit players?! I am fed up of one coach in MA who is bad for it in particular, but it is just a huge turn off to me right away if that is one of their tactics.

Not sure if anyone else has much experience with it, but it seems a pretty insecure way to recruit a player.
              BB does this all the time. No one can coach but him.

Comment

+1. one of the top tricks in SM's arsenal. and it, along with his other approaches to "player development," led to a complete implosion of his once semi-successful boy's program. but who cares cuz he coaching DA now baby! #hatbackwardsforthewin #provenpathway

Comment

+1. one of the top tricks in SM's arsenal. and it, along with his other approaches to "player development," led to a complete implosion of his once semi-successful boy's program. but who cares cuz he coaching DA now baby! #hatbackwardsforthewin #provenpathway
                  Haha this made me laugh 😂😂😂 sad, but so true!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X