Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The kids are pawns. The parents need to step up to whoever is in charge of this idiot.
    This is u14. these kids are old enough to know sportsmanship.

Comment

This is u14. these kids are old enough to know sportsmanship.
      But if the coach is pushing them, or maybe even the parents....anyway I agree it isn't entirely their fault and they are just 13. Kids don't always make good choices and in this case the adults in charge aren't making good choices either.

Comment

guy even looks like a douce in the photo

http://scdcjsa.com/Bulletins.asp?MyT...rg=SCDCJSA.COM

Comment

Guilford has been steadily decomposing for the last 6-7 years. Lot of fighting and politics at the Board level, personal agendas, etc...18-1 score is symptomatic of what ails them. What's also sad is that team has a coach that is not a parent. They brought in "a professional" who is supposed to know what he is doing. They can't get out of their own way. Really sad to see a once proud soccer club reduced to a bickering mess.
          I think it was 19-1

Comment

I think it was 19-1
            who cares about guilford they will lose to Masuk anyway

Comment

guy even looks like a douce in the photo

http://scdcjsa.com/Bulletins.asp?MyT...rg=SCDCJSA.COM
              meh. It's not like he's disheveled in a mug shot. I would assume a parent coach would run scores up like that. A supposed professional should know better.

Comment

But if the coach is pushing them, or maybe even the parents....anyway I agree it isn't entirely their fault and they are just 13. Kids don't always make good choices and in this case the adults in charge aren't making good choices either.
                it's naugy football town. trust me it's the classless parents pushing

Comment

it's naugy football town. trust me it's the classless parents pushing
                  this is no surprise. There's NO ONE of quality left in a town program at U14. I suspect the Guilford u14's are a mish mash of toejammers and punters just like most u14 town travel teams. It's even worse on the girls side. My niece's 2006 team could hammer must u14's

So some j3rk0ff in Naugy is pounding teams like he's coaching liverpool. Lots of those m0r0ns out there too

It's an ugly mess at the older town levels these days

Comment

this is no surprise. There's NO ONE of quality left in a town program at U14. I suspect the Guilford u14's are a mish mash of toejammers and punters just like most u14 town travel teams. It's even worse on the girls side. My niece's 2006 team could hammer must u14's

So some j3rk0ff in Naugy is pounding teams like he's coaching liverpool. Lots of those m0r0ns out there too

It's an ugly mess at the older town levels these days
                    This looks like it is town travel soccer.....not club. By U12, the stronger players in town have moved on to a club team. Looks like Naugatuck had a bunch of parents that wanted to keep the band together. So, the product of that decision is that the kids are wasting their time playing in games that are not competitive for even one minute. Meanwhile they lose out on opportunity to develop. Maybe they didn't want to spend the $$ on club....it's their choice.

Nothing says they can't schedule some friendlies against teams outside their district, or even against some club teams. Perhaps they are doing that....and the scores just aren't posted.

Comment

meh. It's not like he's disheveled in a mug shot. I would assume a parent coach would run scores up like that. A supposed professional should know better.
                      Parent? Maybe

Coach? Definitely not

Comment

This looks like it is town travel soccer.....not club. By U12, the stronger players in town have moved on to a club team. Looks like Naugatuck had a bunch of parents that wanted to keep the band together. So, the product of that decision is that the kids are wasting their time playing in games that are not competitive for even one minute. Meanwhile they lose out on opportunity to develop. Maybe they didn't want to spend the $$ on club....it's their choice.

Nothing says they can't schedule some friendlies against teams outside their district, or even against some club teams. Perhaps they are doing that....and the scores just aren't posted.
                        Sad thing is most of them play club Premier. Most of them play on a team competing in EDP. So this is just extra soccer to score tons of useless goals and feed adult egos.

Comment

Sad thing is most of them play club Premier. Most of them play on a team competing in EDP. So this is just extra soccer to score tons of useless goals and feed adult egos.
                          LMFAO. Which club?

Comment

EDP Boys U14 teams from CT: Rush, BS (1st division); Shoreline, FSA and Ginga (2nd division). Given the location FSA and Ginga might be the only possibilities. By U14 most "serious" club players aren't playing travel any longer. Also it's TS so the other poster could be blowing smoke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X