Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If the meeting minutes of the Cjsa board meetings are read, they have been voting and approving of all the premier pop ups, so cjsa was complicit in what has happened over the last 5 years.
    They didn't have much choice - it was that or the rest of the clubs would leave too. You need teams to run a program, even if the program is running on fumes.

Comment

They didn't have much choice - it was that or the rest of the clubs would leave too. You need teams to run a program, even if the program is running on fumes.
      You need 4 teams to join. But, after that, there is no minimum number to stay a club. And, to form 4 teams, you can probably double roster younger players to make up the teams you don't have. So, start with a strong U11 team, double roster those players on U12 and U13 teams, repeat for the other gender, voila. Essentially 6 teams based on two large rosters.

Comment

You need 4 teams to join. But, after that, there is no minimum number to stay a club. And, to form 4 teams, you can probably double roster younger players to make up the teams you don't have. So, start with a strong U11 team, double roster those players on U12 and U13 teams, repeat for the other gender, voila. Essentially 6 teams based on two large rosters.
        6 shi**y teams if you're stretching your players that much. That's why clubs left

Comment

6 shi**y teams if you're stretching your players that much. That's why clubs left
          Those clubs with the 6 shi**y teams went to CCSL, as well.

Comment

Yes, yes they have. But, what else could they do? Becoming a club in CJSA pretty much only requires you have a home field and four teams. How do you change those rules to prevent the money grubbers from forming clubs?
            Never saw money grabbers. Just town club executives to concerned with own ego. Our town program was blown up by two know nothing soccer people. They chased good soccer people away. My kids followed their friends. Been in a good place since. Town is done

Comment

Never saw money grabbers. Just town club executives to concerned with own ego. Our town program was blown up by two know nothing soccer people. They chased good soccer people away. My kids followed their friends. Been in a good place since. Town is done
              And, I've seen town club executives start popup premier clubs or work with popup premier clubs and take kids away from their town program. There are bad people out there. People at the town club don't know who they have on their board working against the club until it's too late.

Comment

Cjsa should have never approved the pop ups. The new pop ups would not had a place to play. Cjsa approved the new ones, it grew fast. Over the last 5 years it has slowly eroded travel such is now like rec plus. Cjsa should just get out of running a premier league, it just looks silly with so few teams.

Comment

Cjsa should have never approved the pop ups. The new pop ups would not had a place to play. Cjsa approved the new ones, it grew fast. Over the last 5 years it has slowly eroded travel such is now like rec plus. Cjsa should just get out of running a premier league, it just looks silly with so few teams.
                  CJSA had to approve the popups because the popups met CJSA requirements. You can't discriminate against a small business on the basis you perceive it's skeevy. I can't see a way for the CJSA to have blocked the popups yet still permitted legit clubs from joining.

CJSA will be done with premier league soccer within two years. It's out of their hands at this point.

Comment

Sooooo ... CJSA has grassroots programs like Rec and TOPS soccer. So, the CJSA is very engaged in the youth sport and will continue, I am sure, to provide these programs for the good of the game.

CJSA will also continue to provide town travel, through its regions. However, popup premier outfits like the ones that moved to CCSL have been poaching these kids for half a decade, so these programs will falter.

Finally, there is little true premier left with the CJSA. NEU and Southeast are probably it, as far as real premier clubs go, because the likes of OW and FSA left a while ago. CJSA premier now is mostly popups and town premier.

A word about town premier. Popups have been picking apart town travel clubs for a while now, like the CCSL, in search of the almighty buck. Most of those popup premier kids belong in town travel, and not premier play. Most of those popup premier clubs are town-travel quality (or worse), in large part because they feature current or ex-town travel coaches and players.

Finally, the CJSA does not by itself represent all of Connecticut with the USSF. AYSO and U.S. Club represent youth soccer to the USSF, in addition to USYS.

Bottom line: greedy azzhats and idiot parents pushed youth soccer in CT to a place it oughtn't be. That being the case, the CJSA continues to offer the grass roots youth sport at an affordable level for everyone.

~ Not a CJSA Official
                    My daughters town premier team destroyed FSA

Comment

To follow on to my words about town premier.

Town premier is a good attempt by parents and clubs to keep kids playing together to high school. Most clubs have as a goal developing players for high school play. Popup premier outfits pick kids up from all over and, as a result, kids end up not playing with the kids they will go to high school with. That's a problem.

By offering town premier, CJSA clubs can keep their kids together and avoid losing them to popup premier outfits. Obviously, if the kid is ECNL or DA good, then the town premier coach pushes them on appropriately, but the rest stay, compete at a higher level, get challenged, and then are used to playing with each other by the time 9th grade rolls around.

Town premier is an appropriate reaction to the slimy and predatory business practices of popup premier.
                      I totally agree, but would add it is an appropriate reaction to FSA C teams and weak CFC branch teams

Comment

This is an opportunity for the CJSA to focus on its core, grass roots business of rec and town travel and developing grassroots support for the beautiful game.

For example, teams that win their town travel league go into a tournament with the winners of leagues in other districts. This could be in addition to Connecticut Cup. (State Cup Goes away.)

Alternatively, the CJSA could fire back up the idea of district select teams, but put limits to control things, such as players must be rostered AND active on a district town team, cannot play for a non-CJSA team, etc. Note, I am not saying these would rival OW academy or FSA ECNL, but they would provide excellent training and experience for high school players while continuing to develop enjoyment for the competitive side of the sport. I suspect a fair number of kids will find more enjoyment and pride in this, and play local, versus NPL, EDP, and some other more regional and watered-down U.S. Club experiences.

That is, the CJSA needs to focus on what it can do, and not what it has lost.

Comment

There are a couple of decent FSA NPL teams. The ECNL teams are just for legacy kids and generally are not quality at the ECNL level. The C and D level teams are just money grabs. So, yeah, I could see a town team beating FSA teams. Heck, Sporting pwned FSA one winter a year or two back.

Comment

CJSA had to approve the popups because the popups met CJSA requirements. You can't discriminate against a small business on the basis you perceive it's skeevy. I can't see a way for the CJSA to have blocked the popups yet still permitted legit clubs from joining.

CJSA will be done with premier league soccer within two years. It's out of their hands at this point.

Every established club was a kind of a pop up at some point. You're right that it isn't fair to discriminate against new businesses if they meet the basic requirements. Some of the big established clubs also hold blame by having multiple branches and teams that often are poor quality.

Comment

So what? FSA state team? Yeah they stink. Prime example of a big club going for the money instead of fielding quality teams.

Comment

My daughters town premier team destroyed FSA's CT team
                                Fixed that for ya'

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X