Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Fox news reporting that Putin slept with HRC!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What elitist ivory tower are you from. This one of the most racist, bigoted rants I have seen on talking soccer.

Without the hard-working construction, truck drivers, and " Menial Job" workers the country would grind to a halt.
    We have to have all levels of skill in this country. If Trump were to succeed in deporting all illegals the agricultural sector would fall apart over night, along with many other sectors. Sorry but our white folk ain't taking those jobs. Just because someone doesn't have a university degree doesn't mean they are unworthy of coming here (and in fact immigrants in the last few years have a great rate of higher ed than US citizens do). There is no predicting how an immigrant will do once in a new country with new opportunities and challenges. What I do know is most immigrants I've ever had privilege to know (family, inlaws, co-workers, employees, neighbors) are far more hard working than many native borns. It's a rare immigrant that takes those opportunities for granted.

Comment

We have to have all levels of skill in this country. If Trump were to succeed in deporting all illegals the agricultural sector would fall apart over night, along with many other sectors. Sorry but our white folk ain't taking those jobs. Just because someone doesn't have a university degree doesn't mean they are unworthy of coming here (and in fact immigrants in the last few years have a great rate of higher ed than US citizens do). There is no predicting how an immigrant will do once in a new country with new opportunities and challenges. What I do know is most immigrants I've ever had privilege to know (family, inlaws, co-workers, employees, neighbors) are far more hard working than many native borns. It's a rare immigrant that takes those opportunities for granted.
      The racist rant continues. Where are you getting your information but a list of talking points? Please back your rhetoric up with fact not just generalizations.

Immigrants are important to a population. What is your solution to the issue of 11 million plus criminals that are in the USA illegally? It does not matter if you have been here a day or 30 years Illegal is Illegal.

Comment

Immigration We need immigration because our birth rate is to low.

Trump wants a merit-based system. A merit-based system has been supported by both sides. A merit-based system eliminates race, country of origin or any other discriminating factor out the equation. The only requirement is what are you going to add to make the USA better.

All the racist arguments are mute.
        This is simply NOT true. Sen Tom Cotton and Sen David Perdue want a merit based system. (And they are willing to whitewash Trump's racism to get it)

Trump wants immigrants from Norway, not immigrants from Haiti. That is the plain fact of what he said. That is racist.

Comment

What elitist ivory tower are you from. This one of the most racist, bigoted rants I have seen on talking soccer.

Without the hard-working construction, truck drivers, and " Menial Job" workers the country would grind to a halt.
          Do you need us to create a safe space for you, snowflake?
          Did the truth upset the poor little Trumpet?

Comment

Who decides what is meritorious and what isn't? How many tens of thousands, millions, of immigrants have come to this country with nothing and launched successful businesses (creating jobs), careers, made huge contributions to science? We don't need more Russian and Chinese millionaires who only want the blue passport and to send their kids to school here. They' re not going to invest in the US except to buy Trump and Kushner real estate.
            the millionaires you are talking about do not need to wait they just use the EB-5 Visa program.

Yes, and most of those immigrants you talk about had to past test to get across the border. Tests were in place until the 60's and the Ted Kennedy immigration lies.

Since my family paid the fees and went through the required process to gain entrance and citizenship why should a group of people that came to the USA illegally be granted amnesty?

That what you do not get it is not a white/black/brown or whatever color thing it is a respect for the rule of law thing. I know people in my community that cannot go back to their home country because if they leave they will not be able to return because they have overstayed their visas. If they get caught they may be deported but they understood the risk when they made the decision to violate their visa.

Comment

The racist rant continues. Where are you getting your information but a list of talking points? Please back your rhetoric up with fact not just generalizations.

Immigrants are important to a population. What is your solution to the issue of 11 million plus criminals that are in the USA illegally? It does not matter if you have been here a day or 30 years Illegal is Illegal.
              It really is not that hard to fix. Build the wall first and tighten borders. Only people can come in legally. Those who are here illegally will need to apply for a path to citizenship if they qualify. Everyone in America will need to be here legally. Simple. If there are not enough people to pick oranges then America has always found a way to get the job done. Hire more teenagers who can't find jobs, hire the white male who can't find a job, there are ways to get the jobs done.

Comment

Actually, that's not true - they just have to compete with immigrants. The workers who can do the most work for the least pay are the ones we keep. Everyone else is screwed - isn't that what you Republicans preach? Survival of the fittest and the devil take the hindmost? Or are those just the rules you apply when you justify obscene executive pay and big corporations distributing all of their profits to shareholders and none to the workers? Loser.

Comment

US immigration has a history of exclusionary, racist policies. It's part of the reason everyone is up in arms with Trump's comments and actions to ban certain immigrant countries. It's convenient that with some countries he can veil it as a national security issue, but certainly not all (like Haiti and African countries). Pay very close attention to the 1924 law - it fits right in with Trump's Norway comment the other day. Up until 1924 basically if you could land here by boat, you were allowed in (a few exclusions). Trump's grandparents fit into this category (they came over in 1910 or 1911). So when people talk about their ancestors coming here "legally" before 1924 there were very few laws in place to be followed.

Chinese Exclusion Act (1882): Chinese labor was banned for a period initially outlined as 10 years, but the law and subsequent extensions, which eventually barred immigration from all Asian nations, were not repealed until 1943.

Immigration Act of 1882 :For the first time, immigration officials were told to deny entry to immigrants deemed "liable to become a public charge," a designation that by 1931 would be used to deny entry based on economic standing.

Immigration Act of 1917: added more restrictions to who should be admitted. Among those excluded were "homosexuals," "feeble-minded persons" and "epileptics.". the gay ban wasn't lifted until 1990.

Immigration Act of 1924: Restricted immigration overall, introducing a quota system to limit the number of immigrants coming from any single nation. Western and Northern European nations were favored (Italians, Jews were severely restricted). It was signed into law by President Calvin Coolidge, who, as vice president, wrote about Nordic supremacy in a Good Housekeeping essay: "Biological laws tell us that certain divergent people will not mix or blend. The Nordics propagate themselves successfully. With other races, the outcome shows deterioration on both sides."

Bracero Program (1942): The program brought more than 400,000 Mexican workers to the U.S. during peak years in the late 1950s. It ended in 1964 amid opposition from labor unions.

McCarran–Walter Act (1952): This act retained the quota system from the Immigration Act of 1924 and gave preference to certain countries, like Great Britain, Germany and Ireland, while reducing the number of immigrants from colonies in the New World.

Comment

Did you know Trump's grandfather was kicked out of Germany for failure to do his required military service? That his father "might" have been arrested at a KKK rally (same name, well known address for him, shared an attorney with Klan members but "could" have been arrested as an innocent bystander)? DJT sued for racial discrimination at his NYC buildings. Family theme? Couldn't be.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/22/politi...ich/index.html
                    https://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-father-kkk-1927/
                    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...racism-w497876

Comment

...and you libtards thought the Birther movement was ridiculous. Do you even hear the nonsense coming out of your own mouths? I'm no big fan of Donald Trump, but I'm a reasonable person. You are all so drunk on your hatred for the man there is no end to the ridiculous accusations you'll make against him. Lighten up already, Hillary lost. Worry about whatever next sorry candidate you're going to have to dredge up to run against him. Or are you already printing Oprah '20 signs in your basement?

Comment

^^^ mostly agree with you but you don't think that Fox, and other far-right media outlets, generate a lot of nonsense as well? I always laugh with the cries of "fake news" by the Trumpers because both sides are gulity of spewing fake news and inaccurate reports.

Comment

...and you libtards thought the Birther movement was ridiculous. Do you even hear the nonsense coming out of your own mouths? I'm no big fan of Donald Trump, but I'm a reasonable person. You are all so drunk on your hatred for the man there is no end to the ridiculous accusations you'll make against him. Lighten up already, Hillary lost. Worry about whatever next sorry candidate you're going to have to dredge up to run against him. Or are you already printing Oprah '20 signs in your basement?
                          The birther movement was ridiculous... didn't you hear that nonsense coming out of tRUMP's mouth? and you agreed with it?

The present president of the US is an inveterate liar and you seem to be OK with that.

I actually see no sign of any reasonableness on your part... just unsupported assertions... and obvious hypocrisy in what you have written.

Comment

The birther movement was ridiculous... didn't you hear that nonsense coming out of tRUMP's mouth? and you agreed with it?

The present president of the US is an inveterate liar and you seem to be OK with that.

I actually see no sign of any reasonableness on your part... just unsupported assertions... and obvious hypocrisy in what you have written.
                            At the end of the day we are all so blessed to have a real man at the helm.

Comment

No you dumbass. The birther movement was ridiculous. You still don't get it do you? I said I'm no fan of Trump. But he is our President. I accept that as fact. You need to grow up, get a life, and figure out how to move forward. Your relentless posting of "tRUMP" isms while you drool on your keyboard and giggle to yourself all day are getting a little old. No one cares, we're worrying about protecting and growing the country, you should try it.

Comment

This is simply NOT true. Sen Tom Cotton and Sen David Perdue want a merit based system. (And they are willing to whitewash Trump's racism to get it)

Trump wants immigrants from Norway, not immigrants from Haiti. That is the plain fact of what he said. That is racist.
                                Where can you quote that you cannot?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X