Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    NOBODY cares what county a player is from. We have had a lot of dumb arguments on here but even for us bat sh@t crazy 05 boys parents this is a stretch.
    I agree. I also agree after watching both 04/05 games that TM is the best 05 in the area. Both of my boys have played against him this year

Comment

I'm assuming you are referring to TM... At any rate, Clackamas county and Clark County are not the same thing, even if somewhat similar demographically. AP, from Molalla, is better than anyone at Crossfire.

Though I'm sure he waves as he drives past y'all on the way to training...
      Okay, AP has had a decent year I will grant you that. But he is also playing about 98% of every game. I'm very comfortable with who we have you can keep AP. Besides he still has to learn how to play the game the right way.

Comment

NOBODY cares what county a player is from. We have had a lot of dumb arguments on here but even for us bat sh@t crazy 05 boys parents this is a stretch.
        Of course not. But some Crossfire honk (or a person pretending to be a Crossfire honk) was trolling, and made a comment that was geographically obtuse. Rather than bite, someone else deftly grabbed HIS worm, impaled it on someone else's hook, then gently tugged on BOTH lines.

But I'd rather have AP than anyone on Crossfire's roster. Both he and RF are good, smart players--if I have an objection with FC's style of play it's how they get these two the ball (usually longballs over the top) rather than what they do with it when they receive it. They're forwards; it's their job to score.

Comment

Of course not. But some Crossfire honk (or a person pretending to be a Crossfire honk) was trolling, and made a comment that was geographically obtuse. Rather than bite, someone else deftly grabbed HIS worm, impaled it on someone else's hook, then gently tugged on BOTH lines.

But I'd rather have AP than anyone on Crossfire's roster. Both he and RF are good, smart players--if I have an objection with FC's style of play it's how they get these two the ball (usually longballs over the top) rather than what they do with it when they receive it. They're forwards; it's their job to score.
          Let’s call it like it is- every one of the players mentioned are kids that have grown early (AP,RF AND TM). The two from FC did some limited things against this years top teams starters and TM completely benefits from playing with a great team that is the 04 wash timbers. The best player just might be one of the smallest in the area and that’s TA’s YE eventhough he gets beat up and pushed off the ball by bigger kids sometimes at this point but he will catch up. I know you people at FC and wash timbers have this incessant need to say you have the “best” but the smart ones will give it few more years before they make those claims...

Comment

Let’s call it like it is- every one of the players mentioned are kids that have grown early (AP,RF AND TM). The two from FC did some limited things against this years top teams starters and TM completely benefits from playing with a great team that is the 04 wash timbers. The best player just might be one of the smallest in the area and that’s TA’s YE eventhough he gets beat up and pushed off the ball by bigger kids sometimes at this point but he will catch up. I know you people at FC and wash timbers have this incessant need to say you have the “best” but the smart ones will give it few more years before they make those claims...
            Coaches,

Shut your damn mouths. Stop talking about little kids.

Comment

Coaches,

Shut your damn mouths. Stop talking about little kids.
              Lol. Nice false outrage. If you dont want kids discussed and compared get them out of DA. It's supposed to be professional track.

Just because it's largely rec level, don't try and enforce rec norms on it.

Comment

Antuan Peterson 28 FC Portland
                Lucas Witthauer 26 Washington
                Rodolfo Figueroa 21 FC Portland
                Aidan Brouddus 15 Crossfire
                Alexander Harris 13 Washington
                Angel Jareth Solis 12 Capital
                Zac Levin 11 Crossfire
                Nathan Olszewski 10 BSC
                Miguel Lopez 10 Westside
                Leo Fulcher 9 Crossfire
                Henry Dennis Nahl 7 Westside
                Renato Beltran 7 FC Portland
                Tristan Olvera 7 Capital
                Sawyer Jura 7 Washington
                Axel De La Torre 7 BSC
                Vigo Che Sufuentes 6 BSC
                Lucas Houghton 5 Washington
                Brian Johnson 5 Westside
                Maximus Yermachenkov 5 Capital
                Logan McGuire 5 Westside
                Does this list include 04 goals? If not, where do you come up with 28 for AP? 20 listed on the DA website and three games unaccounted for but by all intel from people on this forum there were 6 additional goals for those three games. I am assuming that all others on here are probably flawed as well. This leads me to believe that this list is both unnecessary and misleading. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think that AJS probably has 28 by using this fuzzy math!

Comment

Does this list include 04 goals? If not, where do you come up with 28 for AP? 20 listed on the DA website and three games unaccounted for but by all intel from people on this forum there were 6 additional goals for those three games. I am assuming that all others on here are probably flawed as well. This leads me to believe that this list is both unnecessary and misleading. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think that AJS probably has 28 by using this fuzzy math!
                  Here are two of his goals against CFC where the game report shows CFC winning on two own goals.
                  http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...46854&page=739

He did not score. CFC did an excellent job at getting in his head. They took away his right foot and were constantly yelling, "he has no left!"
                  It was obviously getting to him, because he was trying to take on two, three and sometimes four guys just to be able to say something back, but he just couldn't do it. Both goals were scored by #91 in the first 15 minutes of the game. CFC did a good job for the next 55 minutes of not allowing anything.

Five more goals here in a game against Eastside where the game report is missing.
                  http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...46854&page=679

#91 = 5 goals
                  #7 (TE) = 1
                  The other two goals I think were scored by #22 and #35?
                  I can't be 100% on the last two though.
                  One more here in game against CFC with missing game report.
                  http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...46854&page=501

RF & AP! One goal each.
                  One more was reported here when the game report against BSC was reported incorrcet.
                  http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showth...46854&page=632

I'm not the OP, but was at the game. It was #91 who netted both goals. #75 is a center back who played a very good match, but was not up front at the time of the goal.
                  That is nine goals that have been credited to him that do not reflect on the game report, bringing his total to 29. I have been careful all year to wait for a game info when reports are missing or someone calls them out for being inaccurate. Whether are not FCP parents are conspiring to credit all missing goals to him.... I am not sure? He is not the only one that this has happened to. There have been other players who have been credited for goals based upon reports from people at the games who know.

Comment

Here are two of his goals against CFC where the game report shows CFC winning on two own goals.

Five more goals here in a game against Eastside where the game report is missing.

One more was reported here when the game report against BSC was reported incorrcet.

That is nine goals that have been credited to him that do not reflect on the game report, bringing his total to 29. I have been careful all year to wait for a game info when reports are missing or someone calls them out for being inaccurate. Whether are not FCP parents are conspiring to credit all missing goals to him.... I am not sure? He is not the only one that this has happened to. There have been other players who have been credited for goals based upon reports from people at the games who know.
                    Wow, that's really alot of work to prove something completely meaningless. Well played sir.

Comment

Does that mean that it was incorrect? 28 vs 29?

Comment

Doesn’t the DA exist so that clubs can focus on development and not results or lists? Our DoC told us he wanted the DA so that he could work on playing a certain way without having to worry about winning.

Leave it to the adults to make a list of some sort.

Comment

Doesn’t the DA exist so that clubs can focus on development and not results or lists? Our DoC told us he wanted the DA so that he could work on playing a certain way without having to worry about winning.

Your Doc said that because that is what he is supposed to say. Don't tell me you actually believed him!It is always about winning!

Comment

And by playing a certain way, he really meant substituting as little as possible and playing starters the entire game. Your DOC is as full of it as the rest.

Comment

Another example of the game reports being incorrect..... FCP vs WST reports a goal being made by TE when it was actually netted by RF. RF had four of the five goals.

Comment

Yesterday, I was celebrating Mother's Day with both of the moms in my life (my wife and the mother of my kids, as well as my own mother), and y'all were going nuts about Whos Da Best Prospect In Town.

Some of you seem like the small technical midfielders that TA collected last year, particularly the ADF midfielder (and one of the few ADF kids who got into TA on merit, not because he's a Slytherin). Others like big boys such as RF or AP, and there was even some more praise thrown the way of a certain Westside defender who is very tall and fast.

Again--a lot depends on what you are trying to find: The best player today, who will win club trophies in U13? Or the kid(s) most likely to make the Timbers first team one day?

They are very different questions with very different answers--and to be honest, the answer to the second question remains "we have no idea". 99.9% of the kids probably can be ruled out, of course--but there are plenty of kids who probably shouldn't be, even if they aren't obvious alpha-dogs on their current teams.

Keep in mind--this is all a crapshoot. Even pro scouts, getting paid big money and responsible for doling out even bigger money, often get it wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X